You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Am I Seeing Things Or Is This In My Imagination

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Seeing Things Or Is This In My Imagination

 

First of all I would like to say that I am new to this website and this is my first story, I hope you will enjoy reading it.

I work as a security officer in the Olympic Park Site in an office where this experience happened. I was doing my night shift patrol around the building. Now this building has one ground floor and three floors with two lifts and as you might know as a security officer my main duty was to patrol and find any suspicious items or any intruders in the building so I can report to Control Room.

One night I was patrolling inside the building in the second floor where I heard some noise coming from a office room the noise sounded like something drop on the floor, I thought to myself let me go in and check what is was but as always there was nothing there. As I went to the lift to go down which opened fine but when I pressed the ground floor it closed the door but didn't go down, I thought what is going on with the lift was fine. I tried to open it with the lift key but still it wouldn't work so I didn't want to but I had to press the alarm button, but as I the lift door opened. I thought what was that all about.

I started using the stair just in case I got stuck and as I walked down the stairs the door from the entrance to second floor opened but I didn't go up because I didn't want to know what was there I just went down in the ground floor.

I went out and looked up in the second window and I could not believe what I saw, it was a dark figure which was looking at me from the window, so I told my manager about it he said it used to be a forest in here where people got killed once maybe it just a sprit or something like that.

Now that I knew about the place I resigned.

So what do you think was it my imagination or am I seeing things?

Other hauntings by spritelight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spritelight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DreamAwish (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
it happens, you just need to ignore them, if you didn't give them much attention they will leave believe me.
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
I'm glad that I never encountered anything like that when I worked as a guard. I did have some sort of encounter when I worked for Wackenhut at Mercedes in Vance Alabama, but I don't think it was paranormal. It was the classic wood knocking you hear about in some bigfoot encounters. It happened twice on different occasions--always at night and always when I was at gate 5 or gate 2.5 which are near the woods. The place used to be a hunting club but there were still plenty of woods left after they built the plant. I didn't know what was going on at the time except that it sounded strange and I was very curious about it. Since it didn't seem to be happening directly on the property and since I didn't want to get too far away from my post, I just let it go but wandered about it. Guards are trained to observe and report even if they can't do anything else, but the emphasis is on observation. You have a trained eye, so I think that you probably did see what you thought you saw.
spritelight (2 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
where I was working they always in some places they will provide with one officer so I have to work alone and I didn't use my radio because I thought it was my Imagenation so I didn't reported to the control room.
Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Most likey it not your imagination nor are you tripping or crazy. I probably speical or was there at that area at the wrong time. There are forces that are unknown and can't be explained. I would probably resign too. How come you didn't have a partner to go check it out with out. Radio the control room to get you a back up. At least your safe that all it counts.
Composerman (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Thanks for posting your experience. There are many other stories from security officers patrolling at night - the yourghoststories.com member 'Sapper' has written some good accounts. It sounds like you experienced an attention-seeking spirit, and one that can affect machinery too! I have read stories about lifts baing 'haunted' before, good to hear you made it out! Are you still patrolling the same building? If so, is there any CCTV you could check, or maybe take some photos whilst asking out loud if anything wants to make itself known? Thanks again, please keep us posted!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: