You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man In My Room?

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In My Room?

 

To explain the significance of the events that occurred to me, you have to understand a couple of things. First, I have been in foster care since I was 10. Another is that, with most of my experiences the sprits ghosts, whatever they are, have been really kind and protective of me.

When I was younger (8 to be exact I was in Ohio until I was 9 then Virginia from 10-13 then back to VA when I was 16-present). I would creep out occasionally but I never had any real experiences. My sister was constantly having them once we moved into a rather old house. She said a man in a black hat and trench coat was watching her as she slept, and that he felt bad. Since we pretty much guessed the house was haunted by the hallway downstairs (You would feel someone breathing on you neck, so you tried to run, the landlady, ruby, said that it was because her great uncle had been killed there after coming home late from a certain lady friends house). I tried to ignore her as I usually did and I slept peacefully in the same room for some time.

One night, however I dreamt of a voice calling me saying D! D! (D is my nickname if you haven't guessed) I remember mumbling 'what it's not time to get up?" then the smell of smoke caught my attention and as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes I realized the room was glowing and that it was very smoky. Through the smoke Charlie (our landlord, we lived on the second floor of the house but it wasn't an apt) came up and woke the other girls up and gathered us all outside, the doughnut shop next to our house had bad wiring and caught fire, our house wasn't damaged. Yet somehow I felt that the spirit had helped me.

I had no other experiences until I was 14, when my uncle red died. He had an aneurism in his aorta and the transfer to a bigger hospital was impossible. That night, as I lay crying my eyes out, I was trying to fall asleep when I felt warmth surround me, sort of telling me everything was okay.

When I was 16 I had recently been moved from my aunts house after she basically made me her slave for 3 years after my uncle red had died, however, I figured uncle red would've wanted me to help her so that's what I tried to do. I was moved into a house of an explicit/annoying old man and his wife, adopted daughter and foster son/baby. I slept in the bed, but I would always wake up extremely uncomfortable. Around this time I got a cross necklace from my sister, and I started to sleep with it in my hand. I woke up one night, to use the restroom, I slid back into bed. The uncomfortable feeling returned, and I ignored it and stared at the ceiling trying to fall asleep. My room had blinds, and the street light from outside was reflecting through them. Then I noticed something strange. The shadows started to grow larger and larger. I didn't think anything of it, because I thought it was a passing car, or something that had been sitting there only to realize that we were at the end of the street, and there was nothing but forest behind us. It's continued to get darker and darker until even the street light didn't show in the room. I shut my eyes and gradually relaxed until I heard the most terrifying thing in my life which was-"come with me." and then an indentation was next to me, like someone was lying next to me. I opened my eyes and there was a shadow, fully formed and whispering "come with me" I found the courage somehow (I seriously don't know how, I thought I was going to crap myself) and I said "Who are you?" the shadow said his name (I don't know how I knew it was a male, instinct perhaps?) but I couldn't hear him, it was like someone deafened me right when he said it. I could feel his lips moving (I couldn't actually see it. It was like I could sense? He then repeated, "Come with me" I tried secretly to search for my covers behind my back for my cross, and finding it, I sort of pushed it into his chest. He exploded into a thousand tiny particles and went through my chest. I could feel it. Like a splash of cold water/wind on your insides, then I remember being frozen for what seemed like an eternity and getting up and passing out in the hallway.

My foster parents said it sounded like a demon, however, no matter how uncomfortable that room got after that, I wasn't visited again by that person. It wasn't long after that when I noticed something else odd. I would wake up and see a tall man with shoulder length black hair always watching me sleep. It was like even during the day he was with me. But it also seemed like he disappeared sometimes and things would crawl all over my bed, shadows moved, and things whispered in my ear.

It's not as bad as it used to be, but it still happens occasionally. I'm too afraid to tell anyone I know because they might think I'm crazy.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kiko, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-13)
Wow, this was a spooky story. Don't know what it might be. But definitely very spooky.
Kiko (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
Ok, I'm going to try to cover all comments at once haha.😁
To Kirko, that sounds interesting, and I just did it sounds interesting, but it doesn't explain some of the thinks that occurred when I was awake, for example the hallway downstairs Always occurred when I was awake.
To greenpondmike, I must admit while I had some very horrible experiences in foster care, it made be a better person because of it. I'm a christian, and I really don't think that this is the reason I was attacked. In my opinion there are certain people who are more open to these sort of thing, and I just happened to be one at that time.
To Tori, Thank you very much, I need someone to tell me stuff like that every once in a while, and I will, I think it would be interesting to speak with you. Thanks again. ❤
KirkoBezerko (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Look up 'Sleep paralysis' & 'Old hag Syndrome'...i've experienced both and your story sounds similar to what happened to me. Hope this helps, kirko.
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Hi Kiko, I can relate to your situation as far as being in foster care. I too was in a foster home from age 11 to 13. I have had some experiences in life that I might would consider paranormal but nothing like what you had. To be honest my foster home experience was worse then a lot of the paranormal experiences that I've read about on this forum--and I've scanned most of them and read just about all that caught my interest before I posted my first story or comment. I went into that foster home as a spoiled rotton brat and my foster parents were strict and harse which put me into a state of shock where I didn't feel like myself for a good while. The only good thing about that experience was I was introduced to church. I even went down the isle to be saved, but I don't think that I did because my life didn't change. I came out a worse person than when I went in and I was angry and bitter. My only goals in life after I got out was to be bad to the bone and be known for it, to get married, get a fast-good looking vehicle that had a good sounding exhaust, to get lots of money and to drive that fast vehicle like Bo Duke (my roll model at that time). I wanted to do all this at the age of 14. I ran with the wild crowd and by the GRACE OF GOD made it to age 22 when I really got saved. I am 44 years old now and I do not regret giving my life to CHRIST.I'm not at all saying that I'm perfect or that things are going perfect but I'm not the monster I used to be although I'm far from what I should be. I left out a lot so my long comment wouldn't be longer, but my point is that you are not ready to live until you are ready to die and since I can die safely in CHRIST when the time comes, I can live now with confidence and peace of mind.I've been a CHRISTian half of my life and can tell you that it is very unsafe to try to live your life without CHRIST in it. It is like getting onto the internet without a firewall and internet security. The devil and his demons are like hackers that are out to hack whoever they can and it doesn't matter how safe you try to live, you are not really safe until you allow the LORD JESUS CHRIST to make you safe. Only HE can do this.Don't let the devil deceive you--1 PETER 5:8 says "Be sober, be vigilant;because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour". May GOD Bless you.
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
Dont worry you not crazy. You like me might have a gift for senseing the paranornmal. Its nothing to be afraid of. If you need any advice contact me.

Tori ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: