You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Merry Little Orbs

Real Ghost Stories

Merry Little Orbs

 

I guess this is a ghost story, it's paranormal, and orbs are usually considered to be ghostly.

On a late summer evening in 1995 around 11:00pm, (I remember the time because we were worried about curfew at that point in life) me and a group of friends, witnessed an interesting phenomenon. We had just finished an evening of movies and popcorn at my home. No alcohol, no drugs, just good clean fun. As two of our party prepared to leave, we all walked out to the driveway to see them off. Before they left, we stood and talked over some plans for the next weekend. I was standing on the driver's side of their car talking to the driver. The passenger and two other people were standing on the passenger side of the car talking. While I was turned facing the driver, looking in the direction of the back of the yard, I saw a red orb of light moving from the back of the yard towards the house. As it passed I turned slightly and looked at it fully. It appeared to be about the size of a tennis ball and was clearly emitting its own light. It was moving quickly, but not too fast to follow. The orb passed over the house and into the front yard. I turned to the driver and asked if he had seen it. He had. The passenger, who had been facing that direction, said he also saw it. At the time, we didn't even describe it to each other. The conversation was very fast like. "Did you see that?" "Yes." "I did too." The other two people turned to look in the direction we were looking in.

Suddenly, another orb, same size, but blue whizzed past us, seeming to be in pursuit of the first orb. It followed almost the same path of the first orb. The driver and I started running towards the front of the house to see it better. It was only moving slightly faster than us. I saw the blue orb pass very close to the chimney of the house, so close it had to adjust altitude slightly to clear the chimney, as it passed into the front yard. When we reached the front yard we didn't see either orb in the sky. We waited several minutes to see if they would reappear, or if we would see anything else. We didn't.

We began talking about the orbs and we had all seen the same thing. We tried to figure out if it could have been something else, like reflected headlights or an airplane, but none of the explanations fit. It was a very concentrated ball of light, almost like the ball of light from a Roman candle type firework, but it had no sound, sparks or smell. We considered meteorites, but both orbs were traveling parallel to the ground for a long distance, so that seemed unlikely.

None of us felt afraid of the orbs, perhaps because they were too small to really be frightening.

Other hauntings by NewsBys

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NewsBys, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
I agree with Trudy82 orbs are really neat! I get excited when I actually get to see them because they are colorful and I've never felt threatened by them in any way.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
ppbutt71 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
orbs are energy and they feed off of others energy also. I have pictures of orbs and some people don't believe me but they are we took pictures of the same place and they werent in any other pictures. I have red and blue and white orbs in the pictures. You need to watch the red orbs though they can be evil in a way. We were by the mudlavia hotel in attica indiana and I was pushed down my son took a picture and there was a red orb not far from me. So becarful.
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
That's really cool! I've seen orbs several times in the Midwest. Pretty wild, isn't it? So many things we don't understand...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: