You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My 1920's Home 4

Real Ghost Stories

My 1920's Home 4

 

One morning I walked out of my room and was hit by a smell of perfume which lingered for a few seconds. It was a perfume smell I did not recognize as one of mine. I have also got a whiff of a bad burning smell a couple times, gasoline like and on a few other occasions burnt oil smell. The gasoline smell was in my room a couple times the burnt oil smell was in my room and closet and in the entryway where I had smelt the perfume, which is strange since I recently found out some of the names of previous owners of the house.

My son said he also smelt the burning too. He couldn't put his finger on it. So he searched around to see if anything was burning in the oven, microwave and stove. He walked around and couldn't tell what it was but it was a bad Oder. I had thought maybe the electrical could be burning since the house is so old but we found no such problems.

Back in the early 1900's the area I live in was orange groves and oil wells! Very interesting! I can't wait to further my investigating at the public library. So far these are the only strange smells I have experienced.

I am hoping to get more details on the past residence of this house to see if it is them that haunts this house or lingers here. It stated in the records book that at least three men worked for an oil distributor! One of the men was married so his wife lived here as well. Maybe her perfume and his work scent?

Other hauntings by kymba

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kymba, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-27)
kymba,
Did the smells start before or after you pulled up the carpets? I was thinking about the hardwood floors and how smells can get trapped in wood and released later as the wood shrinks and expands with the weather conditions.

Jav
kymba (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Yes Spider there is a lot I need to type out to explain about what's been happening here!
SpiderZA (2 stories) (81 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-20)
I was just wondering if there were any updates on this story?

Spider
kymba (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
michelleloves ghosts Hi have you ever had anyone some out from a paranormal crew? I found a couple in my area. I might do it after the holidays!
kymba (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-22)
Hi Kitty no it was a few months back I have smelt the smells. It lasted like when someone has on heavy colonge and they walk by and the smell lingers for a minute. Like that. The smells were dirty like a car or something, the smell was oil and gas and a rubber kind of smell can't put my finger on it but I have found out 2 people who either owned or rented this house worked for a rubber co and three or more worked at an oil co so very interesting! I still have to check out info! Thanx for reading and commenting! Have a tony the tiger day!>^...^<
marvel (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-22)
sorry to keep commenting on you're stories but a lot of you're experiences remind me of our island superstitions. When we smell sweet smells, like flowers or perfume that usually signifys that a death is impending or has occured in our family. In my spooky hous there is more of a smell like when you blow out a match and sometimes like burning paper. It comes and goes pretty quickly.
kitty97 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-22)
wow that's an amazing experience that you've had! Do you still smell those smells?
kymba (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
yes it does have a lot of activy! It seems to have gotten stronger and more frequent since I have taken the carpet up to expose the hardwood floors. Maybe it was acting as a sheild or blanket and by removing it it unveiled someone or something? I don't know. We aren't scared just very curious! I would love someone to come out to investigate just to see what they catch on film or record.
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
wow it sounds like you have a lot of activity in your house. Yikes! You should try contacting para-normal investigators? They sometimes do it for free!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: