You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Ghost In The Studio?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost In The Studio?

 

This is my first post, though I have been reading and enjoying the stories on here for a while now. This photo (single photo, taken four times by my phone for different views) was taken by a good friend of mine for her art coursework. It involved taking a photo of a convex mirror that reflected surroundings and then drawing it. Her art teacher held up the mirror, whilst she took the photo. Whilst I was not present when the photo was taken, both she, the teacher and another friend swear that no one, especially not someone dressed completely in black with little/no features walked past when the photo was taken. The teacher says that she had never seen anyone dressed like that and no projects involved dressing up like that. There is absolutely no reason why any of them would lie about this and no reason for them to fake this. Most of the class took photos, albeit in different places, but the figure didn't turn up in any of theirs. When the photo was taken, where the figure is was just the corner, with absolutely no one there (it's not a mannequin and it's highly unlikely to be a shadow either). As far as I know, no one else has said they have spotted this figure wandering around the studios and the teacher seemed fairly surprised by this picture.

The figure is to the very right of the mirror image, dressed completely in black with little/no features and also appears to have no feet. I cannot tell if it is male or female as it changes depending on the way you look at it. Also, when you zoom in, the exposed 'flesh' areas appear to be transparent. The teacher says it's just my friend's jumper, but there are several problems with this - our jumper is royal blue, not black, and is definitely NOT shaped like that. The only conclusion that I have come to is that it is indeed a ghost, I can see no other explanation. I have always believed in ghosts and this furthers my belief.

It was taken on October 30th (yes, really) at approx. 3:00pm. I do not know the model of the camera, but this isn't the original, this is taken by my mobile (LG Chocolate) of a printout of the original, hence the quality. It was a rather sunny day, but the sun was just about to go down.

Ghost In The Studio 1
Ghost In The Studio 2
Ghost In The Studio 3
Ghost In The Studio 4
 

Here's a bit of interesting history about the location: it was taken in a modern two year old art studio, built on what used to be just soil and right next door to the original school (dating back around 370 years) where the founding family lived in approx. 1700. It's quite possible that they could be buried there.

Thank you for taking the time to examine and read, I hope you find it as fascinating as I did and I can assure you it's NOT a fake. Comments would be appreciated as to who or what you think showed up in the picture.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alicia123, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

lp2298 (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
It looks like an old guy walking by in a hat and cloak. Lol. Don't think it's faked really, just not a ghost.
SpiritsWindsForever (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
WOAH! At first I couldn't see it... Now its clear as day (lol IM BLIND!)
HoneyWest (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Dear Alicia,

To me, the image appears to be a person in a cloak. The cloak would have been the most common form of cold weather garmet from times past. This could be an entity that is still bound to go about the business it had hundreds of years ago, just passing through, no harm to anyone, likely not aware of any changes that have occured here since it was a "living" being.
Thank you for sharing your story and photos.
Let us know if you ever find out more of if it is seen again.
😁
alicia123 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
Thank you for all of your comments.😁
TheOneAndOnly - I will try, my friend says the original is on her area on the school computers so I'll try my best to upload it.
Naveen9885 - haha! I might suggest that, it'll be interesting to see if it would turn up! 😁
KimCan - It would have been able to look up at her, but would only see her back. However, he would have been able to see the front of her teacher. 😨
ChuppaChupp - I can make that out as well. I've tried searching the internet, but it's pretty useless-there's hardly any information. I might try asking around school to see if anyone knows.
Emma2008 - you could be right. I think the distortion is partially due to the curving of the mirror (it was convex) and perhaps the quality of camera, but I will try to upload the original.
DARKNESS - Sorry, I didn't explain it right. I meant that only one photo was taken by my friend, and the figure turned up in that one photo. There are 4 pictures because I took 4 on my phone of that one picture (the last being a zoom in) for different views. So you're right, it hasn't moved, it's just exactly the same picture. Sorry for explaining badly.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
Hi alicia123 I believe you might have captured something here, although it hard to tell, you mentioned that it was taken 4 times but the image of the shadow doesn't appear to have moved at all which is strange though it does look like something.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
savanna7 (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
freaky! This looks like a ghost or something... Whoa!
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
I think this is nothing more than an illusion. The fact that it is "standing" on the top of the stair well gives it more of a human characteristic. Without seeing what was in the hallway that could have probably been to blame for this distorted figure, no one can say for sure. I'd like to note that everything else, the stair well and the windows at the bottom are also severely distorted.
ChuppaChupp (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
Hey alicia123.

I think that the 'thing' in the 4th picture looks a little bit like the ghost of a little girl! It's a very shadowy figure, but I can just about make out hair on her head. 😨

Maybe you could explore the land your school is on a little more. On the internet maybe and find out what used to be there. Maybe there where some deaths! 😲

Stay safe!...ChuppaChupp...xx:) xx 😊
KimCan (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
Wow, that is pretty spooky! So, from where the figure is standing, would he have been look down at your friend?
naveen9885 (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
on last pic I had seen clearly any have nice post to get more proof install spy cam in studio. 😊
TheOneAndOnly (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
it is often said mirrors are gateways into othrr dimensions so it could be possible that you got something on tape yowever I would likeyou to scan the original photos so we can have a better look at it

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: