You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Car Crash

Real Ghost Stories

Car Crash

 

It was about a year ago today. I'm not sure what it really means, but I'm going to tell you about the car crash that could have happened right in front of my eyes.

I'm not sure where we were at the time, but last year. My family and me were going to a hotel. It was a local hotel close to where we live. We decided to go out to eat before we got to the hotel. When we got there, I saw this lady. She was an old lady, who looked to be around 70 or so. She got out of this car with this man. The car was green, but I'm not sure what type of car it was. I'm pretty sure that the man that was with her was her husband. Well, they went inside, and so did we. We ordered food but the lady and the man were just sitting at there table just talking I guess. The lady then got up to go use the bathroom for some unknown reason I followed pursuit. We were both in the bathroom and this lady came out of the stall, and left the bathroom. I didn't really have to go, or anything, I was just drawn to this little old lady for some strange reason. I couldn't explain it.

We left the restaurant a little after the lady and the man did. We were on our way to the hotel and we came to a red light at a four way intersection. My dad stopped the car. I looked out the window, and the lady and the man pulled up next to us. I looked up to the light, and it was still red. I looked at the clock, and it said 7:39. I looked back at the old lady. The light hadn't turned green yet, but the old man slammed on the gas and crashed head on with this other car across the street. I started to say something to my dad, because nobody was doing anything about it. No one was trying to help this couple. I looked over at my mom and then I looked back at the road and then my dad started to go. I started to yell at him, but he just told me to quieten down. I looked at the road again, and the cars were both gone. The lady's car was next to us again. They turned down this side road, and we drove straight ahead.

When we got to the hotel that night my mom put the news on as they were reporting a car accident that happened earlier that day. I looked at the screen and it just happened to be at the same intersection that we were at that day. It showed a little bit of the crash. I guess a helicopter was recording it or something, because it was up in the sky. They had said that the crash had happened at 7:44 p.m. That was almost 5 minutes after we left that red light. They had gotten closer to the crash with the cameras, and it showed that one of the cars was green, and it looked just like the old lady's car. A bystander came on and said that there was a lady and a man in one of the cars, and they had been in the green car that crashed. I wasn't completely sure if this meant anything or not, but I was in shock. I had just seen that lady not that long ago. I was just sitting there, in shock. I had no idea that that was going to happen.

I wasn't sure if the lady and the man were alive or not, and I still don't know. I wish that I did know. I liked this lady. She seemed nice. I hope she is still alive.

I'm not sure what to think about this anymore. It happened about a year ago. I haven't thought that much about it, but somehow, I thought that I was supposed to try and stop it from happening, but how could I stop a car crash? I had no idea. I still don't. And, I don't think I ever will.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Autumn321Wicca, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sillysarahlily (12 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-28)
Older ladies can be really nice and it must have been a shook to you when you herd about the crash because as you had seen this old lady and her car. If it was her I don't want to upset you but she proberley did die from the shook of the crash and her husband as well
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
It could very well HAVE been the same car, that is why I tried to type out what COULD have happened as it appeared that you were working through the five minute difference, and the fact that you KNOW the car turned that corner.
I think I would diligently seek out the news article. Chances are you may not get a picture of the lady, but if your memory serves you, you could probably be able to unquestionably identify the car.
IF the crash did not total it, making it difficult for ANYone to identify it.
Thank you.
Autumn321Wicca (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
I'm almost completely sure that this was the old lady's car. I believe that it was. I really do. The car on the news was exactly like the lady's.

I haven't had any time to look this up in old newspapers, but I have really been meaning to. I'm probably going to soon. If I find out anything I will post it on here.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
I was always taught that dreams are a guide. They can show you direction, or the way you should be living, give you signs to help others, and they are gifts. Any dream that remains after waking is worth paying a bit more attention to, as it could be a communication with the Spirit world.
The interpretation of dreams is not always precise, and at times, only the dreamer can put a meaning to what is viewed in sleep. Sometimes people ponder, and talk about the dream for as long as it takes them to be satisfied in the meaning.
But, this was a WAKING dream. You were NOT asleep. Right?

Here is something to think about. In your "vision" you saw this head on at 739. In real time, you were sitting at the intersection at this time. When the light turned green, your car went straight ahead, and the "old lady's" car TURNED down a side road.
The crash that was reported on the news involved a green vehicle, much like the one that TURNED the corner, approximately five minutes before. There may or may not have been both a woman and a man in the car involved in the actual accident.
The only way this could have been the old lady and man's car that you saw, and that you were drawn to, was IF they had turned around, or circled around to be at that same intersection five minutes later.
Chances of that are rather slim, but not unheard of.
What are your honest thoughts on this? Could you tell by looking at the aerial view if the make of the vehicle was the same?
Thank you.
Tunka (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
Yes, I'm very similar to you Gizmo. I see things in my dreams like a shadow next to my bed, which scares me and I wake up. Same thing, it comes real I see a shadow at my bed. It's like you are supposed to do something when you have those visions, Autumn. Maybe if you saw what was going to happen you could tell someone, the person that will be involved, they might know what will happen so they'll be careful to not do it. But at times you can fall into the tiniest crack and end up like your vision.
Thanks for posting
(adding to favourites)
Tunka 😆 ❤
Gizmo (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
WOW you probably had a premonition...
This has happened to me a couple of times but I see it in my dreams... It can be really frusterating... But like others said do some online research, or look it up in the newspaper...
Sai_Chan (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
When you can tell some faces look bad, or some places look dangerous, you can avoid getting near. There you choose your future.

When I was in high school age, I walked near a cinema, I saw a man standing with eyes of an eagle. That startled me and I prepared to walk to the opposite side of the road, but I didn't, by seeing the street was full of people, and I wanted to test my theory of menace.
When I walked by the side of the man, I was ordered by him to stop, and two more men appeared by his side. I looked around and people just pretending seeing nothing, and I saw no policeman that I could call for, and later I was taken up the cinema's back stairs and was mobbed.

So if conditions arisen that you can decide your future, it also can decide some people's by your actions.
Autumn321Wicca (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
I think all things happen for a reason, but I can't help but wonder about this. It's not usualy what I spend my time thinking about. I might try to just not think about it, or maybe I should look in old newspapers or something. I might try that.
KirkoBezerko (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
Reminds me of medium, but really dude it's out of your control, like Cholulteca said, don't duel.
Cholulteca (148 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
Hello Autum,
Dont duel to much on this, I think we can not change the future that we see sometimes, as you did, it was just meant to be,
Cheers,
Claudia
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
I've had similar experiences to that. And I've had dreams that would come true. Both have left me with a feeling or sense of wonder whether or not I was supposed to have done something. I found it very frustrating. To the point that I didn't want to have either ever again. If I was you, I think, for my own piece of mind I'd try and look up old newspaper accounts or maybe from the local tv news website. Even email them and ask if they had the information I wanted. Let us know if you find out anything. I don't know why such things happen, sometimes it doesn't seem to have a purpose. But it must. Things must happen for a reason. Shouldn't they?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: