You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lonely

Real Ghost Stories

Lonely

 

November 23, 2009

This is my first attempt at describing a ghostly encounter, so please indulge me some. And I'm not so sure it could even be called an encounter.

My wife and I relocated to Oak Ridge Tennessee to fulfil employment requirements. We rented a condo on the west side of town and I didn't get any type of immediate sensations that would make me suspicious that we were not the only inhabitants of what I lovingly call "the crack-house". As I said we live in a quiet little area of Oak Ridge where most of the residents are retired couples. Lot's of people ask me. "Why do you call your home the crack-house?" Well the answer is quite simple. A big crack runs through it. We rent so I don't complain much. It was about two years in to our residency when I started to get unsettled.

One day I was in our computer room located on the second floor when I heard my wife coming up the stairs nothing to unusual about that right? She walked across the landing and into the upstairs bathroom. Then I lost track of her so I listened intently to attempt to pickup her trail. When I finally decided to seek her out and being somewhat lazy I called to her in a loud voice. "Where did you go?" To my surprise she answered me saying "I'm right here, where I've been for the last hour reading." She was on the first floor. After that things began to pick up. I started to catch glimpses of things moving out of the corner of my eyes. Faint and quick like a dark darting figure. My wife made many trips up the stairs when I was in the computer room working. When I would get up to go find her she was generally on the first floor. Not the second as I had thought.

On occasion, a Saturday morning can bring a visit when I'm setting alone in the living room drinking coffee. At those times I hear someone or something coming down to join me. Next I start feeling something rubbing the hair on my head or I feel cool breezes across the back of my neck. Later both me and my wife started to smell the strong odder of cigarettes. So strong it burnt our eyes. Our neighbours don't smoke so it couldn't be coming from any of them. When we investigated no one is in sight and the odder will be more pungent than ever.

Just a couple of months ago when my wife and I were in bed I felt something/someone rub down the centre of my chest. It was a light touch like a single finger moving down the centre between my muscles. That was the creepiest thing to feel. I quickly reached for my wife and asked if she moved or touched me. Her reply was no. So I described what I had felt. It spooked her to. My wife is not a believer in such things as this.

Late last week I was brushing my teeth before bed in the second floor bathroom when some movement in the mirror caught my attention. I quickly glanced at the reflection. For the first time I saw something. I saw a woman's legs, nude from the knees down walking into the bedroom. My wife was already in bed waiting for me. Sure not her. But I must say they were very nice legs shapely, smooth and very feminine.

Last night when I was turning off the TV getting ready to join my wife in the second floor bedroom something brushed my left leg. On the way up the stairs I caught the odder of cigarettes and as I entered the bedroom my wife told me she too had smelled the odder of cigarettes when she was washing up before bed.

This is a true account as best as I can write about it. I'm no literary genius that's for sure. Any ideas on what this could be form anyone reading this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

TAD

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TAD, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
really how's her butt then? Lol I'm just have quick chuckels to myself, becuase I too saw a spirit naked one time and I was wide awake, in daylight, and at work.
TAD (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
Sorry for any spelling errors, I have a cell phone that never stops ringing. That sometimes makes concentration difficult.

I'm very excited about all the comments and I'm also thankful for the support. I will attempt to answer some of the questions asked by readers. Yes my wife is a firm unbeliever. Recently however I discovered that when I'm away on an overnight or extended assignment she sleeps with the bathroom light on and the bedroom door closed and locked too. She also sleeps with one of my service weapons close beside her.

I have talked with our neighbors and not going into much detail with them I made some subtle inquires. My neighbors turned off to the subject, quickly avoiding the topic. I think they knew what was coming next. When I have some free time I plan to run queries on this address and perform backgrounds on all former residents matching the description of my mystery lady, if I'm lucky enough to find someone that I think would be a close match. One reader asked about my sprits boobs. I have no idea about them I have only had visions of her from the back, so far anyway.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
The strong odor of cigs does not necessarily mean that this particular entity, which would appear to be a youngish female (assumption, according to your descriptions), died with cigs as the connection.
What I have come to discover, through various means, is that the stronger the scent, the closer the link it would seem. As there is a huge difference in the mere smell of smoke (which could likely point to some sort of fire) and that of cigarettes, I would not think you to be looking into a deadly house fire.
I almost get the impression that who and what you are looking for is a very friendly (perhaps a mite TOO friendly) female who passed in that area.
Any chance the condos were a bar, a part of a "red light" home, a gathering place where men found relaxation away from home?
Another thought could be that she was "just" a woman who enjoyed the company of men, and who obviously was not too shy about it (SHE "connected" with you first).
I would see what I could find out about the history of the place, maybe get to gossiping about former tenants and the like, if you are truly interested.
Thank you for sharing this.
KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
The smell of cigarettes makes some sense the woman might have died in that house from smoking and I think she is attracted to you 😁
steveP_n_NC (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
I would agree with Kirko about the spirit being attracted to you. You are her type I would presume... Even before her death. But the strong scent of smoke... All my reading suggests that when something is that pungent its normally an indicator that the spirit died in a fire or something to that effect. I'f I'm wrong anyone please let me know.
I just stumbled on here by accident and have read many of these episodes posted.
freakb (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-27)
That is a good storie if that was happe ing to me I would tell some of the oldest neighbors round what is the history of "the crack house" Or look it up on a near by a libary so I hope this info might help you. 😉
huendchen (49 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
It's spelled "odour" or, if you're American, "odor". Other than that, you have an interesting story.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
i think the spirit likes you... Or maybe attracted to you... 😁
jadediana (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
The spirit is attracted to you. You could try asking it to go away if you begin to get uncomfortable. Hopefully it will not get to mad and leave... Or it might get kind of mad and start breaking things. If it is a good spirit there's hope of it going away if not well there's no saying what will happen 😊
KirkoBezerko (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
Nice story, seems like a friendly sprit to me, I'm guessing female? Maybe she's attracted to you or something lol.
spiritwalker-tennessee (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
You said your wife does not believe. Has she also had any experiences? There is a lot of history in the Oak Ridge area. Have you tried to chase down the history on the house?
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
How was the vision's boobs? Lol Yeah, good story I hope it goes well.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: