You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Game Room Shadow People

Real Ghost Stories

Game Room Shadow People

 

I was inspired to share this story after reading about several similar experiences on this site. This had happened to me about 12 years ago, and it wasn't until very recently (2009) I realized others had been through the same frightening and confusing experience. I have had other paranormal experiences in my past, but this was by far the most frightening. I hope my sharing can help comfort others as similar stories have comforted me.

My best friend Lauren had just moved from our hometown of North Royalton, OH to 20 minutes away in Brookpark, OH, so we tried to fit as much time together in on the weekends as we could. My mom had dropped me off at her house for a weekend sleepover, and all was typical. We listened to music, went for a walk around the neighbourhood, and then when it was dark we went downstairs to her finished basement/game room. After a few rounds of Crossfire, we switched off the lights and slipped into our sleeping bags. We lay on the floor for an hour or so, chatting about 10 year old girl things; boys we like, schoolyard dramas. Finally we say goodnight, and I remember turning onto my back and shutting my eyes. I suppose for some reason or another I was compelled suddenly to open my eyes, even though to this day I don't know why. The basement was black, what could I possibly expect to see?

Though the basement was unlit, I could see a shadowy black figure standing, straddled over me. Its "legs" were on either side of my hips, and it leaned over my body so its face was a little over a foot above my own. It had triangular glowing red eyes, even though I don't feel like light was coming off of them. The funny thing is, to this day I do not remember climbing out of my sleeping bag, or running out of the room and up the stairs for that matter. The next thing I can remember is being at the top of the stairs, clawing for the upstairs door. I remember pushing Lauren out of the way, practically back down the basement stairs to get through the door. For years we never spoke of it with each other, and as time went on it went to the back of my own memory.

About two years ago I was on the phone with Lauren and asked her if she remembered what happened. I had been experiencing strange things in my new home, and it reminded me of our sleepover experience. Take in mind I never told her what I saw, and yet she described the exact same thing, the shadow with red eyes leaning over her body. Then she told me a chilling detail I was unaware of until then; when she stood up she had looked to the back of the room, and there had been several more shadow people with red eyes climbing up the back wall.

I have never seen anything like that again, but to this day the memory brings goose bumps all over my body.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EmeraldFlash, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
I bet you wish this was run-of-the-mill sleep paralysis, eh EmeraldFlash? Sounds like the reality is a bit more terrifying. This is one of the freakiest stories I have read about on this site! Not to mention well written. I think I would have ran away in that situation too!
I have a couple questions, were there two identical shadow people leaning down over each of you separately, or just one big one over both of you? You said your friend also saw a shadow bending over her. Also you said you were having some strange experiences in your new place. What kind of experiences? I hope you have a chance to post stories about those new experiences, if you are up to it.
Thanks for posting! It gave me chills... 😨
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-28)
I have had sleep paralysis before, and this story does not sound like it. She could move, she was at the top of the stairs trying to get out of the basement. When you have sleep paralysis you can not move. Also, her friend saw the same things. Definitely shadow people. I have seen many shadow people, but from what I have seen they never have eyes that can be distinguished from the rest of them. This is a really interesting story, thank you for sharing.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
I wish people stop comparing sleep paralysis to Shadow people experience. It doesn't entirely explain these events.
When in fact sleep paralysis could possibly be caused by "shadow people" itself.
These shadow people you have are demons. The red eyes is what tells me. That house seems to have a portal somewhere, or some type of invitation. You need to pray to God to rid of it or tell it to leave in the name of God. Sleep paralysis does not explain that everyone witnesses nearly the same frightening images... Of shadow people. Now why in the world would everyone always imagine shadow people during sleep paralysis? There are many people out there that's never heard of sleep paralysis and still witnesses these shadow people. Forget that! The truth is it's mainly demons that attack people at midnight to feed off their negative energy.
brooklynbaby97 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
Wow, if they really were there, they were surely demons. That sounds really scary, the last part was bone-chilling. 😢
Lone_Wolf (36 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
See my response on "Shadow People: Night Terror Or Is It Real?", an article posted on this site. Shadow walkers can typically be repelled with a native american "smudging" ritual. These things feed on fear, but (at least in early stages) are incapable of physical harm. The trick is repelling them quickly. Hope it helps!
EmeraldFlash (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
I read the article on sleep paralysis, I don't know if that could explain this. If so, how did my friend see the same thing? I think there is a greater chance I was dreaming than suffering sleep paralysis. Not to mention, I did move, ran even, through a basement and up a set of stairs.
I do worry perhaps this may have to do with demons, but wouldn't I have seen them again? This kind of sighting only happened once.
Timothy (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
I believe its more to it than that though. Medical/Science will say "the mind is a powerful weapon" which it is but these things are demons. Notice they cause a tremendous ammount of fear which paralyzes people while they are asleep/awake.
KirkoBezerko (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
Hey, what you had is a sleep disorder called "Sleep paralysis, I myself have had it and as far as I no it's fairly common. Have a read here:
Http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=9806
And here:
Http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-with-Sleep-Paralysis

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: