You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Encounter at the Lake

Real Ghost Stories

Encounter at the Lake

 

This story happened to my friend Ted, about 30 years ago, when he was young, probably between 10 and 13 years old. His parents had a second home by Lake Isabella that was located in a mobile home park near the water. Lake Isabella is a quaint little town that is surrounded by wilderness and that is famous (well, at least in our region it's famous) for its man-made lake. They would visit once or twice a month just for the weekends, so the rest of the time it was uninhabited, or so they thought. His parents had gone to visit some friends a few doors down and Ted decided to stay home alone and watch TV. While he was lying down on the couch and relaxing, he turned his head and noticed an odd glow in his parent's bedroom down the dark hall. He said it was as though the entire bed was glowing. He didn't know what it was, but in a stupid act of bravery, he yelled "Whatever you are! Get the hell out of our house!" He never saw what it was, but felt it coming after him down the hall in a sudden jolt. He was lifted off the couch and thrown behind the couch, hitting the wall hard and then landing on the floor. He stayed frozen for a moment, then got back on the couch and covered himself with the blanket and waited for his parents to get home. He never experienced this again.

My explanation to him is that it could have been a Jinn that inhabited the home because they were gone so much.

Hope you all enjoyed! Take care and God bless!

Other hauntings by Emma

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Emma, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-29)
Thanks Shane, I heard about a Jinn, but I never did know what it meant, as for the story, I have had some weird stuff to happen to me, but nothing this scary, If anything like that happened to me, I would have been out of there in a flash, glad to hear that your friend was okay, do they ever go back to that place?

Thanks for sharing your story with us Emma. 😊
Emma (3 stories) (39 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
Thanks Shane for answering the question about what a Jinn is, I agree with it completely. Brad, I have to say that I'm surprised that you would elaborate about the circumstances about what happened the night you went TPing. It's good to know that you weren't drinking and your vandalism wasn't as severe as what I had imagined. That was very nice of you to have done that. My apologies to you for having come off a little bit harsh when I wrote my comment to you. Take care.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
For those who don't know what a Jinn is, it is a creature from the Islamic faith that was created from fireless smoke or as the dictionary defines "any of a class of spirits, lower than the angels, capable of appearing in human and animal forms and influencing humankind for either good or evil". Basically an all purpose spirit. Hope this helps.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
Wow! That is a scary one! Do you think Ted embellished at all? It would take enormous energy for a being to that to a living person!
Brad (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
Hey Emma, what is a Jinn? In response to what you said about me TPing and drinking, well we were out of HS at that time, and I wasn't drinking. My friend who's car it was was drinking, and he's not even a great friend of mine just a every once in awhile I will see him kind of friend. He isn't a Christian either, but he isn't a bad guy. Besides the cult we would only TP people we knew for fun, not anything too horrible that they couldn't clean up in an hour or less or just let the wind carry it away. But I would much rather be driving than my friend who was drinking.
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
😨 Dawn! That's quite a scare he got there! But I'm glad that never happened again.

Also what's a Jinn, and what do you mean that is because they were out so much?

hope you reply. Thank You!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: