You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Odd Occourrences At The Old Victorian 2

Real Ghost Stories

Odd Occourrences At The Old Victorian 2

 

My family and I moved into this house five years ago, and since then we have been having some slight haunting. But recently we have discovered that not only is the house haunted, but our barn is haunted too.

To start at the beginning I must start at the most recent haunting because most of the things that I found out from family members didn't get reviled until I told them about my experience. A few weeks ago we started renovating my parent's bedroom. They had to move into the guest room across the hall, which turns out to be the most haunted room in the entire house. The second night that they slept in the room something happened to my step dad. At dinner we were discussing how the room was. My mom said it was great and my step dad said yes except it's haunted. He said that in the middle of the night he woke up because he felt something push down on his leg 3 times. He thought it was a cat but the next morning he saw that the door into the other wing of the house was closed and all of our cats were on the other side of the door.

The next day or so my mom and I went out to our barn to take our horses in for the night. We walked into the barn and turned on the lights. I was walking over to the other side of the barn to turn the water on when, THUMP...THUMP...THUMP was heard over our heads. We froze and waited...THUMP...THUMP. Oh my gosh! There is definitely someone up there. I walked up to the loft and nothing. We have been hearing footsteps almost every time we walk into the barn now.

A week later the scariest thing that has ever happened to me happened in the barn. It was about 8pm and I had just finished feeding the horses in the barn. I was almost at the house when I realized that I accidentally left the water on in the barn. I ran to the barn and opened the door. It was quiet and I was the only person in the barn. I ran over to the other side of the barn to turn off the water. I was standing next to the stairs to the loft. When I heard THUMP...THUMP. ARE YOU THERE, as clear as day. A man said are you there to me in a deep whispery voice. I ran like hell out of the barn. I came back a few minutes later and found nothing.

Now like I said this was the most recent haunting, so I told a lot of my family members including my grandmother who periodically stays in the house. She used to stay in the guest room until one day she said she couldn't sleep there anymore. She didn't say anything at all about it until I told her what happened to my step dad. She said, "Thank god I thought I was going crazy or something". Well one night she decided to sleep in the guest room. She said she had a really bad feeling in that room and was kind of scared so she decided to sleep with the lights on that night. In the middle of the night she woke up to the feeling that she was floating off of the bed and she couldn't move a muscle. She had to really concentrate to move and finally she felt herself drop onto the bed from a very short distance. She was so scared that she ran into my little brother's room and slept with him for the night." When I heard this I was amazed.

Before any of this happened my step brother, who comes to my house sometimes, had to sleep in the guest bedroom for a while because his room was being renovated. While he was sleeping there he told me that he had a dream that there was someone watching him from the doorway of the room. He woke up and for a split second he saw something leaving his room. Also he was up late reading when he had to go to the bathroom. When he was almost there he heard the door on one side open and close. When he walked in the door was open and my little brother, my step sister, and I were all asleep.

Now just the other day my mom was telling one of the men who is working on renovating the bedroom about the ghosts and he said, "Oh well then I have to tell you what happened. I have this sander that you must push a button down and hold the button down to get it to work. Well I was on the other side of the room looking at something when all of the sudden the sander turned on by itself. I had to actually go over to it and pick it up to get it to turn off and this has never happened before.

So, so far this is what has happened. I was just wondering if the renovations have anything to do with this. I will keep writing about the experiences as much as I can and must say that I think that it is awesome living in a haunted house.

Other hauntings by caspertheghost

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, caspertheghost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Angie-johnson_12 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-05)
He/she might have died in that house and that might have been thier room so they may have liked it the way it is just try to tell them that it is your house now and that you just need to fix some stuff and then you guys can all live in it together
clark200666 (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-10)
Um... Dontxholdxback, no one died, I think you've read some line wrong.
dontxholdxback (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-22)
wow! Nice story friend. I was really scared reading your story. Il suggest that you should light some candles and offer a prayer at the spot where the brother have died.

Take care always.
Mercury_Lyn (5 stories) (8 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-27)
That's happening to us. We are redoing the third floor, my moms been pushed off the ladder, when no ones around. My rooms on the third floor now, I get punched in the back in the middle of the night, My dog stands by my head in bed and growls at something I can't see. It's not an every day thing. Just every now and then. I'll be thinking of you. Good Luck
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
Yeah, it sounds like something doesn't like that you're changing the house. Maybe you could burn some sage and in the guest bedroom and barn just say, "look, we're not trying to disturb you, we just need to fix some stuff in the guest bedroom, etc..." Or something like that.
EllieBellLovey (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
Well I'm not sure but my grandma's
House is haunted and all you hear is footsteps and it always happeneds when 1 or 2 people are in the house. That just might be a recording of someone, hope this helps
Love and luck
Ellie Bell ❤
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
Hey,

I agree, I have heard it happens when you disturbe anthing that has been arranged in a fashion for a long time in old houses. It would be good to look up the history of the place, it may me facinating.

Regards,
Logan
senritsu (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-25)
perhaps you have someone pissed off about the renovations and are trying to pull a beetlejuice on you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: