You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Connecting With Karen

Real Ghost Stories

Connecting With Karen

 

A couple of months ago I met a woman who is friends with my boyfriends mum. Her name was Karen. The first time I met Karen was at her own house, me and my boyfriend had gone round to collect some stuff off her. As soon as I saw Karen she looked very familiar to me, even the tone of her voice sounded strangely recognizable. Her full name, which I will not disclose, was also a name I had heard before and I thought to myself that maybe I knew her from a previous meeting somewhere in the past.

She seemed a really nice person who was very easy going and I could sense all the positive energy she was giving off.

A few weeks later I asked my own mum if she knew Karen - she didn't. It was strange because I was convinced I knew her, and I was convinced I knew her from some connection through my mum. I don't know why I thought this.

The last time I saw Karen was at my own home that me and my boyfriend share. She had come along with her 2 year old son and my boyfriend's mum. We made them all drinks and were sat down talking in the living room when my boyfriend dragged up the conversation about our flat being haunted, which to my knowledge... Is true. His mum rolled her eyes but Karen raised her head as a broad grin spread across her face.

'I knew it! Let me stop you there.' She said excitedly. She then told us all that as she was walking up to our flat with her son in her arms (only 10 minutes ago) he had pointed to our front door and told her that someone was inside, someone called Helen.

I know a lot of young children are 'blessed' with this kind of gift from birth but as they become older it starts to fade.

The strange thing about her story was, Karen or her son have never been to our flat before. There are at least 4 doors in view leading to the other flats but yet he chose to point to our front door. And as for Helen, I haven't a clue who that is but Karen then told us he didn't know anyone with that name.

I was very intrigued by her short story because since me and my boyfriend moved in we have seen and heard a lot of strange things inside the flat. At first I got the impression the flat was being haunted by a man and I still genuinely think that, but I wonder who Helen is?

I could have told this story without mentioning Karen but I felt the need to and to also address her by name. When we have spoken I can sense that Karen has a very deep soul but doesn't get the chance to open up as much as she'd like when speaking along the terms of the paranormal. Maybe she needs to speak with someone who's also in touch with their spiritual side; I would love to chat with this woman in a one to one conversation. Maybe the next time we meet I will.

She has experienced quite a lot of ghostly goings on in her life which she has shared with us before.

After telling us that short story about her son and 'Helen' she sat up straight took a deep breath and calmly told Helen to leave us alone. Once again my boyfriends mum rolled her eyes and smirked behind her back as if to say, 'She's lost the plot, don't listen to her.'

I guess the world is divided up between all kinds of different energy - with Karen I sense the same type of energy that's inside me. Maybe I did know this woman at one point in our lives? Just not the life that we are living now...

Other hauntings by Hanbobs

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Hanbobs, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Hanbobs (20 stories) (119 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
Thank you for your comments. 😊
I'm glad you all agree with me, I was unsure whether this story would seem pointless and I wouldn't get much feedback but I felt I had to share it on this site, even though it isn't much of a ghost story.
I'm glad you can all see where I'm going with this and understand how I felt towards what will hopefully be a very good friend.
Hanbobs x
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Hi Hanbobs thankyou for sharing, I quite enjoyed this story a nice change from an actuall ghostly encounter. I do understand what you mean regarding the connection of meeting someone for the first time as has been mentioned you both seem to posses a gift where you can sense each others energy and it a familiar to both of you its very wonderfull indeed, all the best to you and thankyou once again. 😁

Dan
torabla (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
You are correct we live in a world that is full of different energies. Your aura clicked with hers and that is maybe why you sensed you knew her before. The good thing is that you sensed her positive energy so maybe you need to help her with her gift and both of you have been connected together for a good reason. Good luck!
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Some people have a connection. I believe there are some people we meet that we have "met" before. Maybe its their energy or just the over all feeling. Sorta like "two old souls" meeting.

This Karen sounds lovely and I hope you two maintain a friendship

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: