You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Invisible Hosts

Real Ghost Stories

Invisible Hosts

 

My stepdad, who raised me all my life, had been transferred to NYC in 2000 as a journalist correspondent. My mom and I soon followed him and lived there from 2001 to 2002 and had to return to our country, Brazil, because of our jobs and school. But in January, 2003 we went to visit him again. We were invited by a fellow Brazilian correspondent journalist, working in Washington D.C., to stay in his house and go to a press party. His home was in Maryland. We took the train and off we went. But already on the train I was feeling very cold and my head hurt terribly. As we got there I began to feel ill. Our host Paul* (I changed his name for privacy) was very nice to us and took us to visit Washington D.C. It was very nice, but as we came back my condition worsened and I was burning in fever. It wasn't very serious, but serious enough for me not to go to the party which made me very upset. Paul was a great host and gently offered me to stay in his kids' room (they were in Brazil visiting relatives), eat anything I wanted in the refrigerator and watch any DVD I wished. They left after I assured I'd be fine.

Although I've always know I do have some kind of psychic ability, I'm still very skeptic of all this. Sometimes I think it's all in my head and can't believe.

I was making a sandwich and felt like there was someone in the room but there was no-one. I ate, sat down to watch some DVDs but which point I really started to feel uneasy as if someone or something was watching me the whole time. I thought there was someone outside and starting fearing it to be a burglar, a rapist or some wacko. So I first went to check every room, looked outside through the window, nobody. I really felt watched and scared. I went outside to check again, again nobody. It felt like it was getting closer and closer. It was not a hostile energy. It just felt like people where watching me curiously. I tried to go to bed but it was impossible. It was like many people were there, watching me. Before that day I never felt anything like it or anything that strong. So I turned on all the lights and started praying (I'm not Christian, I'm just theist, so I prayed like I always pray asking for protection). I felt like I should talk to them so I started saying out loud who I was, that I was just visiting and that I was sick that's why they left me there. I went across the house saying that. It was a weird feeling as I didn't feel as they had left, but as if they were more relieved somehow since the disturbing feeling I was having going away slowly. I could sense them there, but it was not a bad feeling at all. I watched some DVD's and went to bed, this time I said good night to all. I could sleep but that night bugged me.

My parents and Paul came back home late and I only saw them in the morning. I still had a little fever but was feeling better. We took the train home. And that's the part that made me want to share this story and really think about what had happened the night before.

As we were in the train, my parents were telling me about the party. I said I thought Paul was very kind. My stepdad: "Yes, he's a great guy, but he's kind of weird sometimes". "What do you mean?" I asked. "He has the weirdest stories. He kept telling me that he thought his house here is haunted and that he has seen the ghosts of many people in various rooms and that many items had been misplaced there, but his family refuses to believe him. Of course they don't! That's pure nonsense! I never thought he was the kind to make up such crazy stories". I felt chills all over my body. It was real! The feelings I was having weren't in my head!

My stepdad is an atheist and very skeptic. So I only told my mom about it and she believed me since Paul is neither the spiritual nor the superstitious kind of person. I'll never forget this experience, but I can't share it with many people.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, samarana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

babyb88 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-03)
for the longest time and still to this day I always feel like someon is watching me but I never minded it. Sometimes it leaves but it always comes back.
Thank you for sharing your story
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
Excuse me again, please, Samarana
Ghostboy001?
First off, "calm down"?
I WAS calm when I wrote that out. I simply asked you what in the heck your comment was about.
Second:
"...if you think you are sensative and are a skeptic to the spirt kind how can you believe you are sensative to them"?

You do not have to believe in gravity to know you are not going to go flying off the earth each millisecond that it rotates. You further do NOT have to believe in the paranormal to have ghosts visit you. If ghosts visit you, you are usually called "sensitive".
MANY people who are "sensitive" do not believe that they are being visited by entities. MANY of them try to find a rational explanation (other than it being a ghost) to what they are experiencing. THAT makes them "skeptical".
So, yes, you CAN be a "skeptical sensitive".
Thank you.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
Calm down just like my first ever comment I posted. I misinterpreted what was said, I just figured if your sensative you are going to believe in spirits, because again read this and think about it if you think you are sensative and are a skeptic to the spirt kind how can you believe you are sensative to them. And sorry I did't use the correct word choices in my comment.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
How old is the house that he lived in? That part of the country can have some very old homes. I can see how you'd be skeptical. I feel skeptical about things I've experienced everyday. Everytime I come to this site or read stuff on other sites I think to myself, "snap out of it man! Stop wasting your time. So you've been a little delusional from lack of sleep or partaking of the grape, or the planets were lined up just right and made the water in your brain slosh around to much... What ever the reason your a logical thinking person, for the most part, and know this stuff can't be so. It's just your inner id reaching out for recognition, or a facsimile there of." Still, I know there are mysteries out there and close around me that may remain unanswered during my physical life, but still they are there, and I have to ponder the questions, and there are others, like on this site who ask the same questions. So no, I don't think you a liar, just someone looking for a few answers, willing to entertain alternative theories, but who doesn't want to keep such an open mind that her brains fall out.
bloodsugar (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
Sounds real enough to me. You just don't have the gift to see those ghosts. Still, since this guy Paul confirmed it, it doesn't mean they don't exist. We can't see air but it's still there, isn't it?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
Here here Whitebuffalo couldn't agree more with you.

Ghostboy001 what can I say.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
Excuse me, just for a moment, Samarana, please.
Ghostboy001? What in Hades are you talking about? How can you say that if someone thinks they are sensitive, but are still skeptical, they are a liar? What kind of question is that last sentence of yours?
It seems to me, if you should look up a few histories of some of the worlds "leading" sensitives, you will see that not all of them started out believing everything they were experiencing. In fact, you might be surprised that many of them were in disbelief, meaning that they were skeptical.
There is no shame in being a skeptical sensitive. All that really means is that the person will not jump straight to the conclusion that what they are experiencing is definitely supernatural in nature, and that it will be thought out, and perhaps even (oh, HERE's a thought) researched, if just looked into a bit closer.
Without the skeptics, we would not have anyone checking things out, and we would not have progressed as far as we have in just about every area of life itself. Please keep that in mind.

Samarana, I should think the affirmation from someone who was neither spiritual nor superstitious would be a huge relief to what you may have thought you were imagining at first. I always love it when my "proof" comes from someone who I would least expect.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
If you think you are sensitive and you are skeptic one of them is a lie. If you think you are sensitive and you don't believe what are you sensative to.
brenttan (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-29)
This is very interesting and informative. Thank you for posting and sharing with us.
May God protect you always.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-26)
Samarana--Thanks for some different perspectives on this ancient phenomenon. I can understand for some people it's easier, more managable, to shut the mind off from the narrow world of textbook rationality. How does he explain the existence of a thought, for instance, which is also invisible?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: