You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Upon Moving Home

Real Ghost Stories

Upon Moving Home

 

As a child I grew up in Stony Stratford; a rural area to be precise. Here is a little history on the area and house.

In 1736 there was a raging fire and another in 1742. In this fire the house I currently reside in was one of the only houses left although everything around my house had been burnt down; ever since early 1997 odd things have happened in my home.

One night my mother had been sick; and was lying in her bed admiring the greenery outside her window, when out of no-where her door started rocking forward and backwards, as-if it was being pushed. My mother is one of the people this 'ghost.' targets the most; the ghost torments her in her sleep and when she's alone at night. One of the most horrific things to happen to my mother was on Christmas Eve, when she was walking down the stairs to carefully lay out our presents. She saw above our Christmas tree; a girl crawling across the ceiling. After that the ghost was never to been heard of or seen again up until now that is.

Recently my mother decided we should move home due to the fact we're not happy here; my step-father agreed. Suddenly the paranormal activity seems to have increased. My Dalmatian puppy sits at the end of my bed each night; he frequently sleeps in there. Lately he stays up all night focused on my large door. Growling.

Early last night the 29th of November to be precise my mother was going to bed; and suddenly this shrill 'MUM.' echoed amongst the house. We all burst out of our doors wondering what had just happened -- nothing.

Another occurrence was the house opposite us which hasn't been occupied for over 30 years, my mother called me into her room and there was a man hanging; although it was just a black figure to me. We stood in shock, and from that point my mother has slept with her curtains closed.

The ghost before seemed as-if it wanted to live amongst us; as it only ever tormented my mother if she had argued with me. That's all I've got on the paranormal front so far.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MattBradley, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

janny (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
wow! If that had happened to me. I definitely would have moved that night even if it was just to the car.
Missmelanie04 (6 stories) (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
Great story. One of the best I've read in a long time actually. When I was reading, I got this feeling, most of the events you told did not bother me, except the girl crawling across the ceiling. I would have been terrified beyond reasoning had I seen that.
ChuppaChupp (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
Whoaa, that's a pretty freaky story. Maybe, if your mum saw that girl on the ceiling ONLY on Christmas Eve, then perhaps she died on Christmas Eve. 😨

-ChuppaChupp 😊
Ghastly_Babe (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
Whoah! Well, good story... I never encountered them, but just a presence 😆thank goodness 😆
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
Very creepy story! The part about the little girl crawling on the ceiling is just freaky as hell! Please keep us posted on any further paranormal activities. Thanks for sharing this story! 😊
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
What a fabulous story! Thank you for sharing it, although I feel sorry for your Mum! 😨
MattBradley (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
Whats up.

All of those are possible; but the girl is infact not light. It was a young girl scaling the ceiling with deep eyes; as-if she was dead.

And the house opposite had a light on and it had never been occupied in my lifetime. The man was moving in circles; rocking that is. And it kept going for almost 5 hours then the light faded and I occasionly see the figure during the day-time following the same pattern.

Thanks.
RiPA (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-30)
Hi Matt

Being Milton Keynes based too, I know Stony fairly well and boy, does that place have some stories to tell!

As for your account, its a nice report on what could be a very chilling experience for whoever witnesses it.

But I just want to throw in a balance.

From the Skeptic side, Could the girl on the ceiling be some sort of light refraction from the decorations in the room or on the christmas tree? And as for the hanging man, could that not have been some shadow caused by external factors coming through a window?

Now from the believers side, Maybe the ghosts are drawn to your mother as they see her as a way out? Ask her to light a candle and ask the spirits to move towards the light. Cliched as it seems, it just may work.

Www.ripaonline.co.uk

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: