You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Cat As Protection

Real Ghost Stories

Cat As Protection

 

This even took place a few years ago. My brother was on the beach with my cousin and a couple of friends after they had been drinking. One of them came up with the bright idea to mess around with a Ouija board. All that was to hand was a pizza box and a shot glass that they had been drinking from. So they made the Ouija board out of a pizza box and used a shot glass. After they had completed the board they started asking questions, after 20 seconds or so the glass started moving, after a few questions they asked if it was a good spirit and the glass went towards 'no' at which point everyone was laughing and thought one of the guys did it for fun.

Then the glass started to move around in circles, and they would remove their fingers off the board because the circle was going faster and they couldn't keep up so at the end my brother was the only one with his finger on the glass and it started going faster and faster until he couldn't keep up with the glass anymore and it flew off the Ouija board.

After this incident my brother has reported that at night he sometimes wakes up hearing footsteps outside his bedroom door in the middle of the night he finds his cat (who sleeps by the foot end of his bed, which is by the door) is awake and alert, making hissing noises towards the door. He then hears footsteps in the hallway.

But not from us, since we don't wear slippers or shoes inside the house. After a while it became worse, my brother woke up one night because his cat was trying to attack something that was by the door. The cat started making hissing sounds and showing teeth towards the door, but nobody was standing there, also the door was wide open, when he was sure he closed it before he went to sleep. After that he heard someone literally running downstairs. That night we all woke up because of the cat.

My dad thought there was a burglar so he got a baseball bat and went downstairs, but all the windows were shut and the door was locked. Now my brother didn't tell anyone that he thought it was a ghost, it wasn't until later that I had a ghostly experience with a recently deceased person that he told me about what was going on.

After that intense experience there weren't anymore strange happenings or visits although my brother will not sleep again without the cat in his room, he's convinced that the cat is protecting him from danger.

I have read that cats are often seen as occult creatures. Now I'm wondering if this is the reason, that cats have some kind of sense for this type of thing.

I would really like to know if others have had similar experiences with their cats and Ouija boards.

Also excuse me if my grammar is bad; English is not my native language.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheOneAndOnly, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-22)
Are you someone like Jesus Christ i.e the son of God, if yes then there is no harm in playing with the occult and the devil and his minions but if you are a normal human being stop messing with things that are way beyond human control and understanding.Don't use those ouija boards they cause nothing but destruction to it's users.

To put it to you simply just imagine the outcome of a situation in which a 10 year child was given a loaded pistol with the safety turned off in a room full of people with a TV channel on the TV present there showing a movie where a man was shooting people with a pistol.
Moon (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-10)
Well, my whole life I had cats as pets. But when I was young and only had 1 cat at the time, as soon as it was gone, bad things happened to my family. At a point my grandmother often had the 'old hag syndrom' or paralysis, and it allways went away as soon as our cat walked over to her, laying down on her chest (only one of our cats did it though).
Now we have cats all the time (since we have several getting kittens ❤) so even IF the cats can not feel the paranormal, they still can help a lot on the situation by calming humans down.
As for the board, I don't even want to repeat what so many told before me. I'm just glad you all were ok.
Jujubeans24 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-02)
My cat Milo has never been around a ouija board before but I just took mine out a little bit ago to check it out and I set it on my lap and he started acting differently. He came up to the board and kept looking under it and above it. He kept swatting under the board then he started to bite the board. Thats when I put it up but I'm not sure if that is normal or not. I have heard that cats are some sort of guardians but how do you know when it is just them or if it is paranormal?
professorfrink (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-28)
i used the board with a friend the other night with my cat in the room... And the cat didn't make any defensive noises or movements while it was going on, confusing: (
shadowsandroses (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-29)
I have a cat ❤! When I did have one of them boards she would watch me "play". When what ever would come though and if she felt bad about it she would walk over and sit right on the board until we told whatever by and pushed the pointer to good bye
bonnybanshey (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-13)
I don't have a cat but I have a weeny dog named andy who barks at a corner in my room when nothing is there
weebabyseany (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-13)
to be fair the quija board isn't a bad tool if done right I have used a ouija board for years and never have had anything go wrong, but ofcourse I am a practicing pagan and a spriritualist.

Cats are familiars that's why they are spiritual.

I have a familiar and his name is osiris.

I enjoyed reading your story

Blessed be

Sean
AloeVera (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
First of all: LEAVE THE OUIJAI BOARD ALONE! I know your probably tired of hearing it but trust me that is not as bad it can get from a Ouijai board. They open doors, doors that are not good and very difficult to close.

Ok... Now about Cats 😊 Cats are amazing. They are highly intuitive (some more than others) and can sense when a presence is near and usually from the way they react you will be able to tell if it is a good, bad, or neutral presence. My cat is on the more intuitive side, but it has taken me a few months to notice his patterns. The day something very bad will happen he will bite me. If there is a harmless spirit present he just stares at it and stares back at me and stares back at it when nothing is there. When it is bad, his ears go back and he hisses at the spot. I'm very sad to say recently my cat had a paranormal experience and was attacked my some sort of dark entity on the staircase a few nights ago. He was terrified of the staircase for days and had no playfulness to him at all. Since then I have taken precautions to keep my kitty safe.

Cats are WONDERFUL to have around in regards to the paranormal. Just remember to give that kitty lots of love and attention, especially if there is a dark presence (such as the one you have described) because it is pretty upsetting to any animal.

About the footsteps, sideways eight your cat's defensiveness though: you need to cleanse your house or have someone do it for you. This may sound a little fanatical to you but that board brought something into your house and you need to get rid of it. If you don't think I'm crazy and actually want to know how please just message me.

I hope that helped you!:)
Good luck ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-01)
My cat is same way she alert with her ears up and let me know something there let me know we not alone. Never play with ouija board but refuse to do it since I have my own but refuse to play with it. It open to the portal.
Yurei (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
Wow, you too? My mother had a similar experience three years ago. Come and read my story. Its entitled Cats. Anyway, I'm really starting to think that God created animal companions to guard us from the supernatural...
Victoira (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-30)
horizontal 8!

It means Demon or evil spirit. Ouija boards open portals for entities Good and Bad. Cats are Solid Protectors (I call them that) means they protect the Solid and NOT the Spiritual. Your Brother is VERY lucky his Cat was with him. If he sees the word ' Maron ' anywhere in the house or anywhere close to him or if somthing writes it on a paper or wall you may need more than one cat in your house. Maron means nightmare or Nightmare Spirit!

Solid meaning Humans, Other Animals, etc. 😨

Hope this helps
TheOneAndOnly (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
i notice I made some weird grammer errors in the story.

I also asked my brother about this story again when I saw him today and he told me that they asked the ghost if he could show what kind of powers he had and one of the lights on the beach got turned off, after that is when the glass started making circles, but it was more like an horizontal 8 instead of a circle.
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
I have 3 cats of my own & they have all reacted to strange things going on where I live right now. They all hear the noises & react to them, such as staring towards the door (the noises come from my porch) acting freaked out & running to hide. I believe that cats can sense a ghostly presence better than a human can because of their acute senses. Their sight is much better than ours & cats are very perceptive & observant animals. It sounds like your brother's cat is seeing these apparitions that are haunting your home & is reacting to their presence. If you want to be rid of them, try having your home blessed. This may help. Best of luck to you! 😊
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
I love cats and believe cats are more in-tune with psychic connections than dogs. Cats are known in history as a witch's "familiars" my cat is always alert when someone walks by my apt door. Sometimes it scares me but then I realize its just a passer-by... But you never know! I believe animals and children are more responsive than adults regarding the super natural. Most adults just brush things off as coinsidence.
But about playing with Ouija boards... Bad bad bad! I will never touch one again. I think he may have opened a portal which may be hard to get rid of and bad things happen.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: