You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Man In The Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Man In The Hallway

 

I was 3 years old and I was lying in bed. It was pretty late when my mother would wake up to me screaming her name. She would come to ask me what was wrong and I would tell her that there was a man in the hallway. It wasn't really a man though. I can still see the image in my mind until this day.

He was around 6 foot tall; he wore a ball cap, had a big hunter like coat, great big boots and was skinny. It would terrify me because I would see him all the time and be terrified. Years later I found out my sister who was 6 when I was 3 saw the exact same man. She pinpointed everything I saw in detail. We just don't understand why he stood in our doorway and stared at us. I think that's what scared us the most. It was just creepy.

To be 3 years old and to see something you can't explain is quite frightening. My mother would be terrified because she thought it was an intruder... At first. After seeing him all the time and there was no sign of any real human in our house she had to suspect the absolute truth. I was seeing something beyond the normal eye.

I would be so scared to even use the bathroom I peed on the floor and told my mom it was an accident! Seems pathetic but at that age I thought it was worth it. To this day I see that image and it gives me chills up my spine. For some reason I've always been afraid it was going to return.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, alexakae19, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
oh yes I am a little full of myself and sorry for any anoyance I caused but I just said thanks I didt make a big deal out of it like you people.
Untill now 😠
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
sory I did't address you earlier but this is an old account and it was made when I had little expiernce in the paranormal. And also I am the only proof.
naveen9885 (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-06)
Dont worry about this even though you are seeing this shadow still now. I promise it won't hurt you some ghost do these type of things they not only visit your place they visit so many places and do the same thing. So nothing to worry how ever to get rid of it get out of that place or approach ghost hunter of coure he can't do anything for that type of ghosts.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2009-12-04)
Well, when you're three, that kind of thing would seem terrifying!...I don't blame you for peeing on the floor... I would probably do that NOW!LOL...Like paranormalentityboy001 said, it was just watching out for you...

BriFicher: Paranormalentityboy001 says GHOSTS haven't been proven to exsist...however, well, you get it... Personally I think it's hypoctritical of him to use the word in his name and then scold US for using it in any other manner... Just my opinion...
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-04)
Could very well have been a family member or an imprint since you say he never actually interacted with you.

GHOSTboy001: Out of curiosity, what IS your deal with the word ghost? Why would you incorporate that in to your username if it offends you so? I personally use the words ghost / spirit / demon and so do a lot of other people on here - back off dude. Or better explain yourself, got it?

Thank You

-Annoyed
alexakae19 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
The last time I saw it was when I was young. But I still dream about him all the time but in my dreams he is moving more and is creepier than ever. Its probably just my imagination running away with me. But that is not the only spirit I've seen or felt near me in my life. When I was young I would always talk alone in my room and my mom would ask who I was talking to and I would always say "my angel." I always felt there was something around protecting me, but I don't know of what. Maybe I'm just weird, I don't know. I do know that it's real.
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
Don't be to afraid it could have been a past family member to communicate or the reson to not trust it, it could be somethig evil.
P.S. Thank you for using beyond the human eye and not ghosts.
spartan7512 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-01)
when was the last time you saw it? Recently or like along time ago and does your sister still see it

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: