You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Visit To The Graveyard

Real Ghost Stories

A Visit To The Graveyard

 

In early 2009, I changed my job and joined an Organization which had its Head Quarters in Bangalore (India). Though I was based out of Pune, I was called to Bangalore for an Induction session and meetings with the Company's Senior Management. The whole schedule was for around 5 days. After I reached Bangalore I found out that there were around eight others who had recently joined the Organization at the same time as me. We were all housed at the Company's guest house a short distance away from the office. The induction sessions were from 9.00 am in the morning to 5.30 pm in the evening. Past that all of us had a lot of free time on our hands and used it to get to know each other better.

For this particular story, I would like to mention the names of three colleagues out of the eight who were to play an important role in the incidents to follow.

I struck a great rapport with Ajay, Shailesh and Navin. It's not that I was unfriendly with the rest but I got along with these guys like a house on fire. Ajay was a Punjabi from Northern India, very talkative and always ready to take up a challenge. Shailesh was from Mumbai, quick witted but generally quiet. Navin was a resident of Bangalore whose personality was similar to Shailesh but he had a great sense of humor and his one liners kept us entertained all throughout. We had a great time together during this period and got to know each other really well.

During one of our conversations after dinner, Navin told us that there was a graveyard near to the guest house. Our housekeeper Sri had also told him of strange happenings there. The road leading to the graveyard was lonely and generally avoided by people especially at night. He had asked Navin to inform everyone not to venture out on that particular stretch. Ajay was a total non believer and scoffed at the very idea of ghosts and the paranormal. The rest of us were intrigued by this story and wanted to know more but Navin himself had limited knowledge. Sri wouldn't tell us anything more so we let the matter rest there.

Soon it was our final day in Bangalore. After the induction sessions were over, our seniors had arranged for a dinner at a nearby hotel. We had a great time and were treated to a lavish dinner. Ajay in particular enjoyed the most and had one drink too many. Once we were back at the guest house after dinner, all of us started packing our bags since we had to leave early the next morning. After packing our bags we sat down reminiscing the great time we had spent in the last couple of days. The topic of the old graveyard was again brought up by Navin. Seeing Ajay scoff again, he was a bit irritated and dared Ajay to go to the graveyard and spend an hour over there alone. Ajay was a bit high and in the spur of the moment immediately accepted the dare. He stood up and immediately began to walk out of the guest house. We tried to restrain him but to no avail. Being a teetotaler and in full control of my senses, I reluctantly decided to accompany him in his nocturnal adventure.

Ajay was in high spirits as we walked towards the graveyard. The road leading towards the same was very lonely without any signs of habitation. It must have been one km away from the guest house and it was 12. 30 am by the time we reached there. It was an old cemetery not used frequently by the locals. It somehow had an air of nostalgia about it. It was particularly cold that night since it was winter and nights in Bangalore in winter can be quite cold. We reached the gate and were stopped by an old man who introduced himself as the security guard, Abu Chacha. He suspiciously asked us the reason for coming there at such an unearthly hour. Ajay immediately jumped in and told Abu Chacha that one of his relatives was buried there and he had to visit him that night itself as he had come to Bangalore for a short visit and was to fly off to London the coming morning. Abu Chacha sympathized with us and told us to make it quick.

We slowly made our way inside the graveyard. It seemed like a normal cemetery. There was a cemented path in the center with graves lying on either sides of the road. There was eerie silence except for the occasional howling of the strays who roamed freely in the area around the cemetery. There was a bench at a short distance away. Ajay, still high told me that he wanted to sit there and spend a couple of minutes and enjoy the solitude. I was feeling uncomfortable but relented to Ajay's persistent request. We sat down and Ajay immediately put his hand in his pocket, taking out a cigarette. I tried to dissuade him against doing so as it would disturb the sanctity of the place. He was in no mood to listen and had his way. After spending a few more uncomfortable minutes on the bench, Ajay told me that he wanted to move further inside and check out the rest of the place. We had hardly walked a couple of paces ahead when he told me that he suddenly had this overwhelming urge to pee. I told him to immediately refrain from doing so and that it was high time that we left the place. But stubborn as he was, Ajay did not listen to my advice. Winking slyly at me, he went off to some nearby bushes a little away from the place where we were sitting, promising to return quickly. The bushes were thick and I could not see him at all from my current location. Suddenly I felt weak and found it very difficult to breathe as if someone was trying to squeeze the life out of me. I dropped to my knees on the road below. As my gaze turned ahead further down the road, I could see a shadowy form slowly move away from me. It seemed to stop for a moment as if to cast an eerie glance at me before slowly melting away into nothingness.

My head started spinning and a feeling of horror took over me affecting my ability to think clearly. With great difficulty I regained my composure and then it dawned on me that Ajay still hadn't returned. I called out to him but there was no response. I slowly made my way towards the bushes where Ajay had gone a short while ago. I was horrified by what I saw. Ajay was lying senseless on the ground. Not knowing what to expect I got down and shook him vigorously. This fortunately worked and Ajay slowly regained consciousness.

Once Ajay was full conscious he told me he heard some movement near the bushes where he was peeing and suddenly felt as if someone was standing behind him. He instantly experienced the same feeling of weakness and breathlessness as me. Before he could call out to me, he felt a stinging blow on his back which rendered him unconscious until the time I shook him awake. He was still feeling pain near the shoulder. (Later when I had a look at it, I saw a clear imprint of five fingers clearly visible on his upper back and the whole area had become blue due to the clotting of blood). Not wanting to spend another minute over there we proceeded towards the gate of the cemetery. We were suddenly stopped by a young man who asked us sternly as to what we were doing in the cemetery at such a late hour. We quickly told him that we had taken permission from the old man, Abu Chacha and also told us our ordeal. He was surprised at the mention of the name Abu Chacha and told us that no one except him had stood guard at the cemetery for the last 5 years. Some people had earlier told him of an old man being seen around the cemetery especially late in the evening. He had never come across Abu Chacha or whoever the old man was. This was too much for Ajay to bear and he fainted at the gate itself. We carried him slowly to the guard's cabin at the entrance after which I immediately called my colleagues to rush there with a vehicle and get us back to the guest house. It was close to 3.30am by the time we were at the guest house.

On relating the incident to our caretaker Sri, he cursed us for our folly and told us that we were very lucky to get away unharmed. Ajay was down with high fever for the next couple of days and had to stay back in Bangalore. Being a religious person, I promised myself never to be a part of such activities in future. When I met Ajay a couple of months later, I found that he had mellowed down quite a bit. He was also wearing a "Taaviz" (a locket) given to him by one of the priests at a temple in his hometown.

This sure was an amazing transition from a skeptic to a believer.

Other hauntings by sanjubhat

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sanjubhat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-07-28)
I swear I saw a similar story on TV not long ago! ๐Ÿ˜ Like on the show I saw... I bet that guy never pees in the cemetery again!
Priyu1709 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-10-26)
Sanjubhat... Whenever I come to this site I search your name in the search bar and check for your stories. They are just awesome.
Why don't you start writing a novel or a short book on horror stories. I would be the 1st person to buy it;)

Anyways waiting for your next story...!
siva77 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-21)
Wow it was very interesting. I think you were a good writer. Keep it up
piyuprmr (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-06-27)
I have to admit one thing
I've read lot of stories on this site
But yours stories are just awsome
The way you discribe things hats off man
Keep it up and
God bless you
lion_king99 (15 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-04-02)
That was so scary!... Even I'm a strong believer (In God and ghosts). Very well-written, made me feel as though I were watching all of it ๐Ÿ˜Š
Abbusimbel (4 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-08-03)
I am sorry to say that the Story does not sound credible at all. I have been living in Bangalore for quite a few years now. Please kindly let us know where the Graveyard and the Guest house were located. I would be glad to check that place out.

But your story was good. ๐Ÿ˜†
raj89m (21 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
Very interesting story! I'm becoming a fan of your stories. It's amazing that an individual can have so many paranormal encounters in his lifetime.
Shiney002 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
hi [at] Sanju I m new to this site, and you know what I just loved all your stories and this is one of them, thanks for sharing:) ๐Ÿ˜
Yogeshmishra08 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Truely...
I have felt the same when we were passing from the nearby road of the graveyard
Akshada (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
You are a very good storyteller, I must say! To what extent your stories are real I think most of us have started to contemplate about that (don't take it otherwise.) But I personally enjoy reading your stories alot. Put all these stories together and covert it into a blog. To put something in words that makes people believe into is an art and you are mastering it.
bhupi26rana (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-14)
sanjay you told paru get call from unknwn person lalat die in accident I would lik to say you ghost or soul never use technology to give message they use other people to pass message. They never give message directly... ๐Ÿ˜•
TaylorSwiftSnuggle (2 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-05)
woah I was almost shivering, and it was so heartfelt and raw, I'm impressed. ๐Ÿ˜†
sanjeevgeorge (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-20)
I have been in Bangalore for over 20 years In which part of Bangalore was this cemetery?
pradha (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-16)
sir,
people can believe your stories when there is only one. How in the world a man can experience 14 stories, and your beach resort haunting, was a fake its from chandhramukhi
rmananya (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-04)
my god... Even I am an Indian and my family also beleives in such poojas... I really love your story. I can uderstand that it would be awful during that time. Thanks!
sanjubhat (16 stories) (23 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-05-02)
Thanks Rhee. Feels nice to read comments from readers like you. I am proud of my culture and hence add a small description of it in my stories for the benefit of readers.:-)
yellowbelle (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-18)
Something is just so interesting about your stories and the inclusions of information about your culture.:)
krish22 (4 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-31)
whether these are true or false, its realy interesting to read.
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-12)
What a great story! Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Best regards,

Watersprite
wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
Wow! Great story would love to hear more from you i.e. If you have anymore stories ๐Ÿ˜
anupama (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†
Sanjay, either you write very nicely or really it was a good hunting.
Anyways... I could't stop myself to appriciate once again for this beautiful shairing.
However everybody in this group must be desperately waiting for your next story, but still I would reccomond you not to go for these kind of experiences.
What is your next plan, by the way?
๐Ÿ˜‰
naveen9885 (25 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-12-06)
I am shocked not about the incident. Because I to went there and experienced to on my study of ghost. Even me was attacked by that shadow. The shadow did not attack me but it pushed me out to the gate and warned me not to come back again. And as you said there is no old watch man as well as there is no young watch man to. Guys the shadow is the admin of the grave yard before 35 or 45 years the old man I enquired was not sure of course it was a big story. Any have try to forget that its not good to remember such things.

Best of luck for the remaining life.

Thank you.
mrdeagle (6 stories) (69 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-12-05)
Sounds very chilling. Glad to hear you are both okay. Sounds like your experience made a believer out of Ajay. Thanks for sharing.
kissofdeath13 (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-04)
cool story. I would have been scared to go and I would have chickened out. But great story.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-12-04)
Great story! I enjoyed reading it and I'm glad you came out of the cemetary unscathed considering the "beings" that seemed to inhabit the cemetary.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
I would tend to agree with logan about your friend passing out if it weren't for the hand print on his back... I think your story is very credible, and well written!...I guess sometimes it takes a good slap to make some people believe LOL! ๐Ÿ˜†...Good story, thank you...
logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
Do tell me which part of Banaglore your talking about...

This is so like a movie script...I'm not doubting the credibility of the story... Just the feeling it gave me. Its too sequenced and as for Ajay passing out, that could be the alcohol playing its effect. However thanks for sharing...

Logan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: