You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Presence In My Apartment?

Real Ghost Stories

Presence In My Apartment?

 

I've lived in this apartment complex for over 2 years. The first apartment I lived in with my husband, and I'd sleep at the edge of the bed instead of against the wall. I'd always feel really weird about turning my back to the edge of the bed, like there was something behind me, and there were a couple of nights that I actually felt the presence.

They'd be generally the same, I'd fall asleep but it'd be my room, exactly the way that it is when I looked at it before I drifted off. I'd then feel this dark, evil presence behind me, engulfing me from behind...I'd never see his face, but I knew it was male, because he would growl in this really low voice... It was almost as if I could feel him smiling because he knew he was terrifying me. I woke up to see nothing there, but I still felt uneasy, like the presence was there but I couldn't see it. I switched sides with my husband and I was able to fall asleep with the wall against my back.

One night, since it happened so often I tried to turn around and look at the face of the person, but it felt like it was pushing against me to prevent me from doing it! I turned all the way around, but the black that I saw/was turning into vanished.

Since switching to sleeping against the wall, I haven't had those kinds of experiences anymore. I've always wondered if it followed me though, because we moved into another apt at the same complex and I always feel that something might be watching me when I'm alone.

This morning I was irritated at my cat for meowing like crazy in the mornings like she always does (I think she does it to annoy me, because in the afternoons and evenings, or even all day during the week she doesn't meow at me at all), and as I walked away from her muttering that I hated her, I walked past the closet door which started shaking from side to side, even though I hadn't touched it at all! It just kept shaking without showing signs of stopping, so I reached out my hand to stop it and it did. After a few seconds of staring at it my heart started to beat really hard, and I thought maybe it was the presence that it was still following me...

Don't know what to make of all of this, but I've had intermittent experiences like this since I was a teenager. I've always had this certainty in the back of my mind that if I wanted to, and actually opened myself up to it, I could see and talk to spirits. I've never done it though, I'm far too scared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mikupgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mikupgirl (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
Era, I haven't seen PA, and there's NOOOOO way I'd see it, lol

Ibelieveinghosts- I haven't had the apartment blessed, no, but would that help, considering the apartments around me may not be?

Tonith-I've tried banishing it in my dreams... Sometimes it works and sometimes it laughs at me.
mikupgirl (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
Thanks for all of your comments! I think you all might be right about being haunted though, when I lived with my mom I always felt this presence near me when I let myself listen... I think in a way I may have been using my "gift" unintentionally, trying to make sure that nothing's there when I feel like there is.

There was one time at her house when I wasn't by myself, but with a friend, and I hadnt opened my drapes in a really long time... Another friend of mine said its good to open them so that trapped spirits can get out, but I'm not sure how true that is. Anyway, I saw the spirits laughing and taunting me, rushing at my face though my friend saw nothing. I tried to calm myself down, and thought to myself that this could just be my imagination... And then my cat, who was outside of the room (the door was closed) yowled, like it does when it sees another cat outside. There were no windows near him at the time, and he was always a VERY quiet cat, hardly ever meowed or anything. I started sobbing hysterically, and I just closed my eyes and didn't open them until I heard my cat meow curiously. The spirits were gone, so my friend and I left the room immediately. I promised myself from that day I wouldn't open myself up to things like that as much as I did, because I was trying to see what would happen if I really "looked."

Im not sure who would be haunting me, as I have been blessed enough that I have had very few deaths in my family, and I wasn't very close to any of them.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
They say places aren't haunted but people are. It does a spirit no good to harrass someone who doesn't know it. You may as you stated be able to communicate with them if you so desired but once you open that floodgate don't know if you can close it again. If you are sure this is nothing medical then chances are you are sensitive and like any other gift if you don't use it you eventually lose it. No one should live in fear in their own home. Should you have another experience try telling it to leave you alone and it's not wanted or welcomed in your house and take back control with authority. From what I have read they do seem to respond to commands to cease as long as no fear is shown. If it's a spirit of a relative or friend you could tell it to go to the Light. Either way it's your house and you can claim it and banish this thing.
naveen9885 (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
I strongly believe it may be your imagination consult a doctor and as you said there are few chances to be happened llike this he (ghost) may be the person who know you well and you may not know him or he may love you when he was alive or the dead person may be lived in the flat you lived previously. Mostly ghost won't follow a human continiously definately he must have some close relation with you. Chances are very less that is the reason I asked you to consult a doctor do you want to disscuss about this mail me at this email navreg08 [at] gmail.com.

Thank you
Era (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-04)
hehe, I don't know if this would be comforting or not, but have you seen "Paranormal Activity"?
You might never sleep again if you do...
I'll bet there is something. It could be a demon, in which case I would start getting serious with God, lol.
Other than that, maybe it'll go away? Have you had any more recent experiences with it?
Ibelieveinghosts (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-02)
Great story, Mikupgirl! It's very possible that this entity followed you to your new place. Maybe it feels some sort of attachment to you as well. Have you thought about having your apartment blessed? This may help chase out any unwanted presence. Keep us posted on what's going on. Best of luck to you! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: