You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandparents Or My Imagination?

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandparents Or My Imagination?

 

This happened when I was about 8 or 9 years old, I was sleeping on the couch in my living room. It was about 9 or 10 o'clock and I was having trouble sleeping, so I turned on my television and watched TV for about an hour. As my favorite show was about to end, two figures appeared in front of the TV, I looked up to see the faces, and they were of my great grandmother and great grandfather. They said something I couldn't hear what, then they said (And this was about a week or two after my great grandmothers passing) "Brooklyn, we are together now, just let your mom and granma know we miss you all" Note: My grandmother said that, sorry I forgot to mention that before. Then my grandfather said "We miss you, please remember that." This sort of startled me, especially being only 8 years old. I closed my eyes and re opened them about 20 seconds later, they were gone. So I covered my eyes and started crying, my granma came out and asked what was wrong, I told her the story, and we both sat and cried for a while.

Then we both fell asleep on the couch together. We told my granpa the next morning (He is not a believer in the supernatural) so we got sort of mad that he didn't believe us. I must add one more thing before I end this, I forgot to mention my granma had the same experience at the same time I did.

I'm not sure if it was my imagination, would you guys know?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brooklynbaby97, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

janny (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
I believe that the bonds of love are strong and even when death comes; it can not kill love. If the love your great grandparents had for you was very strong then yes it can reach through anything. Maybe they did come to you in a dream or by someother means. It does not matter how they got in touch with you. All that matters is that they did and that it was important to them to send you a message.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
Not sure two people could have the same hallucination but when two people have the same experience and hopefully it was word for word the same experience it does seem to validate the experience. Now unless your grandmother was just trying to comfort you by saying she saw it too, then I would take it for what it was. A visitation. Not all spirits are stuck but some seem to be able to pass into this dimension then back again to their own. They know they are gone from this world, they are not confused as to their passing and they just seem to want to comfort those that are living when needed. It's very common for this to happen after the recent death of a loved one so maybe by presenting themselves to you it also help validate the sighting to your grandmother.
naveen9885 (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-06)
ya what vulcan said may be right and I believe it to. So better not think of it more enjoy the life
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-04)
If your Grandma had the same exerience at the same time then it had to be something. Even if it was telepathic communication. I'm pretty sure that people do communicate that way given the right situation without actually having control of it and being able to do it at will. I think some missinterpret that as being psychic or having a third eye. I guess it is sort of, but not continuous. If you know what I mean. I hope that it brought you and your family comfort by this happening. I myself have only seen pictures of my greats, and that was when I was young. If they came to me I wouldn't even know who they were. Some might argue that you fell back asleep and dreamed it all, and that would seem the case, if it weren't for the fact that your grandmother saw it at the same time too. Where were your parents at this time and did they believe you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: