You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Tall Black Figure

Real Ghost Stories

Tall Black Figure

 

My name is Brittany Carrigan, I am 12 years old and live in Alberta. My mom and I used to live in an apartment on the third floor.

One morning, I was up quite early and my dog started barking for absolutely no reason. A few minutes later, I turned and saw my lamp flickering uncontrollably. About a week later, my mom and her friend went downstairs to look at a van and I stayed upstairs alone. I don't remember what movie I was watching, but all of a sudden, the lamp just turned off. Now, after that, I was pretty scared and ran downstairs to where my mom was. The scary stuff stopped for about a month, than it began again. I was just going to bed and it was about 9:30pm. I was fixing my pillows when, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a tall black figure standing in the hallway. I quickly turned my head but nothing was there. I told my mom about this and she brought my step dad there for a night. After that, every thing slowed down and wasn't so bad.

Now I live in a house across town from the apartment and still have a hard time even walking by our old home. The worst part about it is that one of my friends live on the second floor of the same apartment.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brittany1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
catinasl33ve - the best way for you to get the most help from our members would be to submit your experience as a story all of its own instead of as a comment on a couple of different stories.

That way the comments are for you and your experience and aren't taking away from someone else's.
catinasl33ve (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-03)
please can anyone help me I know this comment is not relevant to rthe story, but I was skateboarding on an open road in the night (very far away form light so it could not have been a shadow) and I went a little to far down the road and (BTW the road is like,-, like the real road was elevated from the ground) I saw a 7-8 foot tall figure that was darker than the rest of the sky and light, and this figure faceless and just BLACK like really dark just walked on to the road looked at me then disappeared PLEASE anyone HELP
Veggiehugger (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
I know exactly what you mean.
In the house I lived in before, I would wake up and a black figure demon would be standing over me. Then, last night, I opened my eyes, and saw him coming up the stairs. Except last night it was so much worse because I started to hear like, demonic laughing... Almost like a child's laughter, but more shrill and evil. He used to scare me before, but last night he seemed so much more powerful.
maria30 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-01)
So I have the same problem. I moved into this apartment, and every since day one I have seen, or felt this black figure thing. It's only in my room though. Plus 2 other people have had incounters with it to. So I know I'm not crazy. Without me even having to say anything, they have been like WHAT'S THAT. Even have broke down, and cried. It only comes around a couple of nights ever month, or so. It just either hovers over, or watches, and it scares the crap out of me. I just wish it would go away. I'm 30 years old, and some nights I sleep with the light on. I feel like I'm a kid again scared of the boogey man, or something (lol). If anyone has advise please let me know.
Bobshailer (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-15)
It also helps if you know the demon's name, according to Catholic legend if you know a demon's name you have power over them.

Different demons have different personalities and manifest themselves differently. Some demons show you a human apparition, others show you a green glowing apparition. It could be Belial, since he usually shows himself as a tall dark faceless figure, usually hooded though. He tends to stand and stare at you from a distance and doesn't say anything. The reason he does this is because he's a coward and doesn't like being confronted.

Demons also feed off of negative emtotions, so if you can fill your mind with happy thoughts they'll be less attracted to you.
Revelations13 (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-19)
He's right, but don't worry too much, they can't harm you if you know what they are, and if you are right with God. This figure that can also look formless black mass. Moving does not necessarily mean something goes away either. I don't mean to scare you, because this can be a blessing. It gives you knowledge that people long for, "is there something and why?" I too had seen them at different times. Sometimes a couple months of a break.

What I did to solve this was plan ahead, I had a bible thrusted at one. It's been the longest since I've seen one yet.
yoshie257 (7 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
you have a shadow ghost theese are demonic beings that may not be humans I have one in the basment

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: