You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Frightening Experience

Real Ghost Stories

A Frightening Experience

 

Two nights ago, I felt restless as I lay in my bed. My husband was already asleep, beside me. The time on my mobile phone said 2:34AM. I decided to listen to some music on my iPod with the hope that I would eventually drift off to sleep. I popped my earphones in my ears and wriggled away to a hip hop tune on the bed.

Amidst my wriggling my elbow bumped into what felt like someone standing right next to the bed beside me. I looked up and caught a glimpse of a shadow of a person towering over me. I jolted upright on the bed, awakening my husband at the same time. Perhaps he felt something was up and asked me "What's wrong? What's wrong?" I was unable to reply immediately because my eyes kept scanning the bedroom, seeking out for a shadow or movement. Again my husband asked, "What's wrong love?" "There's someone in our bedroom!" I said out loud. My husband turned on his bedside lamp. Naturally, no one was there. Our bedroom door was closed, and we didn't hear anyone opening the door to go out but I still felt there was a presence in the room. My husband pulled me towards him in a hug "Just pray love." We prayed Our Father and my husband turned off his lamp.

After a few minutes, my eyes adjusted to the darkness in the room. Then I saw the shadow again, standing, on my husbands' side of the bed. I screamed out and clung onto my husband. He turned the lamp on again and of course, no one was there. The emotions that was running through me at that time, was somewhat mixed, but I believe I was more scared than anything else. But what scared me the most was what happened next...

"Jesus Jesus Jesus, cover us Lord with your most precious blood." My husband kept on chanting it, repeating it. A prayer that he uses whenever something bad was happening or about to happen. In the meantime, I was clinging on to him like my life depended on it and I was glad that I did. Suddenly, something or someone grabbed me by the ankle, and tugged at my feet. I screamed, "It touched me! It touched me! It touched me!" My husband kept reassuring me that there was no one there. With the lamp still on, I looked towards the bottom of the bed and saw a face of a child. I didn't tell my husband this, but the child looked as real as if he was alive, but his little face looked somewhat contorted. I just closed my eyes, curled my feet up under me, buried my face into my husband's chest and chanted with him, "Jesus Jesus Jesus, cover us Lord with your most precious blood..."

After what seemed like forever, I opened my eyes and looked around the bedroom. No signs of the child or shadows and for some reason I felt somewhat silly after making a big fuss like that. I don't know how, but somehow, I managed to drift off to sleep soon after. It was an experience but something I wouldn't wish to happen again.

Other hauntings by marijun

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, marijun, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostlover6678 (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-24)
Wow talk about frightening! I can't explain any of that! I hope it all works out for you! ❤ ❤ ❤
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
Hi EyesWideOpen.

Thanks for dropping by. Might be a good idea for another house blessing. First time we had it blessed was 17 years ago when we first moved in. Then we just had it blessed earlier this year, from my husband's brother who is a Catholic priest, visiting from the Philippines.

Your story sounds more scarier than mine, with those beings wanting to challenge you in some way.

I think I will have to sought advice from our local priest and see what he might suggest as well.

Thanks again for your insight.

God Bless
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
wow, I'm glad to have recieved so many opinions and suggestions.

Ever since this incident, I keep thinking maybe I was tired and could be seeing things in the dark (ie. The shadows), but when the lamp was on, there's nothing that could account for the child that was crouching at the bottom end of the bed staring at me...

Robertar: thanks for commenting. I guess it would be hard for people to absorb such an incident like this if they, themselves were not present and I'm a person such as that, I'll believe it when I see it...

Naveen9885: I appreciate you dropping by. I did think maybe I was tired and seeing things but still, doesn't explain how I saw the child at the foot of my bed.

Oracle101: our bedroom is very small. Our bed, the dressing table and built-in wardrobe takes up a lot of space, leaving at least only 3-4 feet walking space around the room itself. The shadows that I saw or felt appeared adult size. This was when our room was half dark, with light streaming in from the street and a hallway night light that we keep on for the kids to get to the bathroom safely during the night, and the outline of the furniture in our room are very visible, so this adult like shadow towering over the bed could not be made by the furniture or anything else in our room. When I saw the child, our bedroom lamp was on so our room was engulfed in full lighting.

TheOneAndOnly: I too am Catholic. I never believed in ghost or the paranormal and thought of others as good story tellers who claimed that they experienced such paranormal activities, now I take all that back when I had my own first experience. Although I've prayed and had the house blessed more than once I'm still experiencing unexplained happenings...

Thealoneone: I guess the spirit is trying to tell me something and to appear in a child form would more catch my attention than anything else as I have kids of my own.

Tonith: Thanks for suggesting to talk to the spirit. I'm hoping this spirit will find rest soon. I haven't had any other occurances since this incident and I'm hoping it won't need to happen, well anytime soon at least.

Thanks everybody for your insights and suggestions. I take each and every opinion seriously and appreciate for your time to comment. Hope you all have a good day and continue to be blessed!
EyesWideOpen (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
marijun,

I have a story of my own, posted on a different website. However, it was about a full bodied shadow person. I was sneaking into the house (1976), returning late as usual from a date (those were the days). It was going on 2:30 AM. I nearly collided with this "person," he stepped in my path and wouldn't move. I thought it was my older brother because he was only an inch taller than me. He didn't respond, no movement, not gestures, only silence. We studied each other for about 10 seconds, and "it" practically flew out of the house. Later, each of my four brothers and my dad all had our own private encounter at one time or another. Some years later the subject came up. Highlights included my father being taunted, and subsequently injured during a confrontation. And three of these figures came up through the floor and scared the hell out of one of my younger brothers..., he slept with the lights on well into his twenties. I know these beings exist, and I think they are up to no good. They seem to be everywhere. I was raised in a Christian church/faith. I never heard of beings like this. I had no idea they could appear in your home.

I think your husband has the right idea about the prayer he was saying. I can only suggest you change the prayer and place your faith into the authority of Christ's name, and tell these beings to leave your home. Having your house cleansed and blessed wouldn't hurt any. Oh, consider discussing this with your pastor, minister or priest. I have no idea why they choose to invade certain people's homes. ❤
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
If this was the ghost of a child it makes me very sad to think of a child caught between worlds. I'm not even sure it's possible for a child to be caught between worlds but that you could be dealing with some spirit that takes on the look of a child to gain attention. Also it's hard for me to take seriously anything that happens when in repose (in bed). We can easily slip into semi dream states when tired but not fully asleep. For the sake of argument let's assume its the real deal and it is a child. Talk to the child like you would any other person and tell the child it's time to go to the Light where family is waiting. If you still have issues with this entity then more than likely it's not a child ghost but something pretending to be a child which from what I read can happen. Then you need to take back your home with authority and banish it. From what I have read seems like they do take heed of what's been commanded from the owners of the house.
Thealoneone (1 stories) (77 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
Judging by what I had read, the ghost was trying to tell you something since it was trying to get your attention and moving to what you could see.
TheOneAndOnly (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-07)
ive had something touch me in my sleep too, it felt like something was touching my neck, it don't know what it was, but I know it felt really cold and after that it got really cold in the corner of my room.

I don't know what it was but I currently turning to my religion and want to buy a bible (I never had one of my own) now when I searched the internet I saw a lot of different versions... I was wondering wich one is recommended? (im catholic)
Oracle101 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-06)
You wrote that the shadow was towering over you, but then you wrote it was a child. Please explain.

Oracle101, Psychic and Medium for 43 years

Always happy to help others
naveen9885 (25 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-12-06)
Its not reall what you had seen. When a men or women mostly women when they are fully tired and week this type of imaginations occur not only this different different types there are so many examples. The reason why this type of imagination came was very simple you may discuss with your friends or relatives or some other ones few days,weeks,months before which you can't remember but that discussion will be recorded in your mind internally and the kids face you had seen is also a face you had seen before either in movie or some where. I am sure I did not explain briefly but its a big topic to explain you. So ignore that incident and lead a happy life with your husband.

My god blessings will be with you always.

Thank you
robertar (223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-05)
i do not understand how people can tellyou that you were probably tired and seeing things if they were not there. What if the improbably actually happens and it is some nasty spirit posing as a child? S

I'm glad you took it seriously considering the consequences of ignoring a worst case situation.
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-05)
Hi Slatanic

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. Never crossed my mind to ask it to leave... Go figure. Hope you're having a good day!
Slatanic (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-05)
Praying like you were is probably 100% useless. If you pray and something is there you need to pray, and tell it to leave. It definitely will. Hanging crosses, or bibles and stuff up around the place will not help though just in case that maybe in your plans. You think demons do not know what is in the bible? Praying for protection, and for it to leave in the name of the lord is always the best route.
marijun (8 stories) (30 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-04)
Hi guys

Thanks for dropping by.

Jazzeyjay: Thanks for reading. I've heard about wandering spirits. I'm hoping this spirit will find rest soon.

DARKNESS: Hi there. I've never seen this child before, or not that I can remember having an encounter with a child like this. Just a week before this, I caught a glimpse of a child like shadow, dash past our bedroom door and thinking it was one of my children playing around when they were suppose to be sleeping, but when I checked the house, everybody were in their beds in deep sleep. I live out in the northern suburbs of Adelaide. Have had unexplained happenings before but nothing like this.

Emma2008: I could just be over tired at the time, but I didn't feel like it. Normally, when I listen to my ipod I would just drift off soon after. Thanks for reading.

Cosmogal926: Hello. I'm lucky to have a husband that's understanding and thinks quickly. Lol. Normally, I would freeze up from shock but my husband helps calm me down with his prayers and his support. This is the first encounter with a child like spirit that appeared visible, and I'm hoping he will find rest soon. Our house was blessed earlier on in the year but things still happen in or out of the house. Maybe I, myself should get blessed or be spiritually cleansed or something... Thanks for dropping by.

God bless everyone and I hope you enjoy your day!
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-03)
marijun: Thanks for your story. The child sounds like a wandering spirit to me. The child may have been confused and not really
Known that he was dead. I'm glad your husband was there and prayed and comforted you.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-03)
Hi marijun and thank you for sharing your story that really was a frightening experience, have you seen this child before or has any other activity been witnessed in your home? Just wondering wether it is connected to yourself or your house or land etc.

If you don't mind me asking where abouts in Australia are you from? I'm from Perth and love hearing about hauntings from here.

Thank you 😁
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-03)
I think that although you had trouble sleeping, your body was tired and your mind was playing tricks on you. The more tired I get in the evening, the more creepier things seem, one may start hallucinating. It's your body's way of saying, get some rest!
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-03)
Ok, well I'm not sleeping tonight 😨 That was one creepy story, I have goosebumps! Was this the first time you and your husband ever experienced anything in your home? That was good thinking of your husband to start praying right away. I would have jumped right out of my skin if I saw the ghost of child at the foot of my bed. Thanks for sharing your story, and I hope something like this doesn't happen again. Take Care 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: