You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Possessed Teddy Bear, Or Something Else?

Real Ghost Stories

Possessed Teddy Bear, Or Something Else?

 

I don't really know how to start this, other than the fact I've come to find that a favored teddy bear of mine seems to have a life of its own. Donnie, as I've come to refer this stuffed toy along with such things as 'he' and 'him', isn't all that special actually. My mother bought him at the mall for me when I was younger and I've kept him close ever since... Despite entering my late teens, I still sleep with him snuggled in my arms every night and I believe that might have something to do with the 'life' he's seemed to gain.

The way Donnie acts for, what I first thought to be a possessed, stuffed animal strikes me as odd. He moves, I know this for a fact from having felt him hold me back when I hug him and having placed him down, turned for a minute and looked back to find him closer to me, but those occasions tend to not happen often unless I've left him alone for long periods of time.

What does happen often, however, seems to only happen if my mom or little brother goes into my room without my permission and I'm not around. That and, with my mom since she's a bit more acute to paranormal things around her, if I accidentally leave Donnie in her bedroom.

With my mom he seems to swing down from the ceiling at an angle not possible, just to hit her on the head and be resting on the bed the moment she turns to look at him. I've gotten her to go more into detail about it and she says that she only sees something black in the shape of Donnie swooping down upon her right before it hits her upside the head. If I leave Donnie alone with her without really realizing it, my bear apparently begins to demand where I am and then proceeds to say my name over and over until mom eventually gets fed up with it and ends up either throwing him at me or tossing him in my room.

With my little brother I only have one account of Donnie doing anything and that was standing up on my bed and charging right at him when he went into my room to get one of my CDs while I was over at a friend's house. Donnie didn't touch my brother at all, but he effectively chased him out.

Now, I'm not frightened or anything by this, but I am curious. I always used to joke around that my teddy bear was possessed once I got it, but I grew out of that stage rather quickly as I just slept while holding Donnie close. I don't know if it was that or the fact that I am greatly attached to Donnie that might have attracted a spirit to 'take up residence' in my bear, but I've come to realize it might be something else entirely. With my mother and Wicca friend being able to sense, see, and hear spirits I am grateful that I can consult and speak with them over the different theories without them thinking I'm completely nuts, and one theory seems to stick out to me in particular. My mom was the one to say it, and my friend agrees there's a large chance that whatever is in Donnie might be an extension of me.

Looking at it seriously, I think this might be the case but I'm not entirely sure. According to my mother, Donnie is perfectly fine and completely silent if he's with me unless she comes in to wake me up, in which she feels that Donnie stares at her with warning not to bother me at all. Donnie isn't the only one of my stuffed animals to gain 'life' around me or the ability to move either, the only other two being a small clown doll and my giant panda bear. The clown doll hasn't moved from the desk drawer I've hid it in for some time due to my mother threatening to burn it if she ever found it on her pillow in the middle of the night again, and my panda bear has only moved once. It was after hiding something very important behind it with the intent that no one would ever find this item, but I soon wanted to hide it in a better spot so I went to get it. I was then promptly hit by my giant toy panda bear, and hard. It wouldn't let me retrieve the item until I knocked it from the chair and got it anyways.

My panda hasn't moved since, while Donnie has retained the ability to do as he wishes to those who enter my room and annoy my mother until she gives him to me. This has me thinking he really might be possessed by some spirit that might hop from one of my stuffed animals to another, or he could be an extended part of me. I was leaning more towards 'possessed' since one of my other friends spent a week at my home the summer before last and heard a male voice talking in a different language, me replying in English as I mumbled along the lines of "She's fine, Donnie, there's no need..." but I don't know if she was completely awake or partially dreaming, so there's also that fact against the possession theory.

I remind you that I'm not afraid, but I would like to hear what you guys think about all of this. Is my teddy bear just moving because of an extended part of myself, has a spirit found him a suitable vessel, or is it something different?

Other hauntings by EternalLotus

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EternalLotus, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nAsh42002Treehouse (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
That is very scary I wouldn't be able to sleep at night 😲 and if it keeps doing that stuff you should probably burn it even though you love it I know you think it won't hurt you but it could so there is dome device take it Plz
SemperRasa (1 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Hey Jas,

I was wandering around on the internet, and came across this story. Very interesting, man. Likewise, Boxer's tale of mobile stuffed animals with their own agency.
I know this is from years ago, but based on this story, and some of the other items you've discussed/posted on, I thought you (any maybe Boxer) might get a kick out of the webcomic I write.

It is called Smaller Totems. (www.smallertotems.com).
Drop me a line at semperrasa [at] gmail.com, if you'd like to tell me more about Donnie. Maybe we could even make a "Fan Totem" out of him, if you'd be interested.

At any rate, if you read this, please feel free to get ahold of me. Love to chat.
daeuny1000 (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-03-03)
I think a some kind of spirir is attached to your doll. Not a good entity, I think. I would throw right away if I were you. Like right now! If you keep that thing forever with you, it will change your life somedy.
hi5girl (16 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-13)
eternallotus: do you think you can post some pics of donnie.
boxer (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-16)
I have to say, this is awesome, because I have kind of the same thing going on! I am so amazed that you have had this experience too! Oh my gosh! I looked up "haunted stuffed animals" on Google looking for any explanation for my stuffed animals and found this!

So I have a stuffed dog (he's a boxer, hence my username), and I have a lot of other stuffed animals. I play with them everyday, and my boxer was the first of my collection when I was 10. He's my favorite, and I feel he loves me too. Now I'm 16, and I still play and talk to him, because I feel a special bond with him.

It's weird, because when I make him and the other toys talk, I feel like I get a vibe of what they act like and what they want to say. It's not like playing with dolls or other things, where you would make up what you want them to do or say. It's like they have their own energy and personalities.

Other than the vibes, once when my sister was sleeping, she opened her eyes and saw her toy dog Miyax walk in the room. When Miyax saw her, the toy flopped back down and didn't move any more. That's one of several experiences we've had with them during these 6 years that we've been playing with them.

And another odd experience was when I was closing my eyes, half asleep. The neighbor's porch light was shining into my room, and I opened my eyes and saw my toy Lab Max. We had him for about 6 months then, and he was a real actual dog, and looked like he was around 6 months old! He was walking across my room, and when I asked, "Max?" he flopped back down as a toy.

Like you, I feel no fear whatsoever, because I feel like my toys really care about me. When I'm scared, I grab my Eskimo dog toy with me, because as my toy, when we play with him and talk to him, he's very aggressive and tough and loyal. I feel like he would do anything to protect me, because I don't have a real dog.

This is great that I can talk about this to you and not be ridiculed. The only other people I can talk to this about are my brother and sister, because they also have close bonds with our stuffed animals and have experienced some of the things I've experienced. 😁
teddystuffer321 (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-16)
omg I want a talkin bear I would be like omg instead of txting I weould talk it!
shadowspirit (4 stories) (122 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-01-29)
like pinnochio, love something enough and they will become real? Sort of?

You might be interested in looking up "robert the doll" on the internet if it helps
Darizuka (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2010-11-08)
Be careful though...

Something which is attached can get Jealous
And in the future that usually leads to a bad result. So just be careful
queen-lamia (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-20)
I was on the internet and stubled on your page while looking up posessed paintings. It sounds unrelated but when I got the paintinng from this old lady I also got this cute black bear. You said Donnie was 17in tall and my bear is the same height and his furr is the same lenth.

I just thouhgt it was strange is all...

Jess
coolboy505 (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-10)
wierd I have a bear coukd donnie to and he does the as yours I found him in japan in a little store and told the bear has been preownd 28 times! How weird he doesn't like when my mom bothers cause jumps on her! Ha just like yours! 😆
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-04)
Aw snuggles is more of the laundry commercial bear that would creep out anyone who was trying to dry there clothes
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-25)
-EternalLotus-

I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your story. I have had some haunted items so I can relate a little bit with what you are talking about. However, my experiences were not as dramatic at all. I started collecting haunted items for about a year and a half and then I just quit. It seemed like the more I added to my collection the weirder things got. The most haunted things I had were dolls. My favorite was a beautiful handmade mime doll that I think has a very happy bubbly non-human spirit in it. It giggled and talked a little at night but the voice was metallic sounding like someone tried to talk out of a music box. After I had my haunted objects which I kept in my bedroom (maybe not a great idea since I saw tons of shadow people all the time!). I noticed a doll that my grandma had for years in her bedroom became haunted from having the other objects around. I knew it was haunted because I went in her room and glanced at it and her eyes turned to look up at me for a split second, which by the way on occasion most of my haunted dolls have changed expression or moved their eyes at different times. I took my emf meter and I noticed that this particular doll would cause a huge emf spike when I would mess with her or touch her! She had no batteries and was just a plain porcelain doll. I moved her around the house and she would spike the emf gauge if I kept touching her and messing with her, and I showed my grandma and it freaked her out a little bit so she was quickly moved to my room with the others. She was my most noisy haunted doll that I owned. It got to the point I slept with a pillow over my head so I could sleep because she would talk and try to get my attention as soon as I tried to go to sleep. I remember my bed shaking like crazy one night and a man and a woman kept talking and arguing like crazy in my bathroom which was right next to my bedroom. There was a crystal wine glass filled with buttons on my dresser and when I heard the people talking in the bathroom it would make the glass hum at the same time like their voices were at a pitch that would make the glass vibrate. Fortunately things hardly ever got this crazy so I learned to live with it quite easily. However I think all of those items with different energies attached made some kind of portal in my bedroom because I would see a crazy amount of shadow people and solid and sometimes transparent apparations. I am sensitive to spirits, and I have been my entire life but I hardly had that many strange things happen. I went from maybe 3-4 times a year to 2-3 times a week! Sorry for the long post. If you want to see if your Donnie bear is haunted by a spirit and not you subconsciously manipulating it (poltergeist type phenomenon) try letting a friend borrow him for awhile and see what happens. I would suggest 2-3 months because it can take that long for a spirit to manifest if it is attached to an object. The person should keep them in their bedroom where they sleep, because if it is a spirit they are most active at night. That's just an idea that I have for you to try. The reason I don't have my haunted items with me right now is because I moved to a different state to go to college so they are still waiting for me back home.

-Sydney ❤ 😊 ❤
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Snuggles is the name of my 1st v-day toy, a stuffed doggy holding a heart.
jerryhend1 (3 stories) (136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-13)
I'm sorry, but does anyone remember snuggles? I really think it's a projection of yourself...
ParanormalSpectrum (3 stories) (26 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
Possessed...teddy...bear...Dang. That's creepy. And that is why I hate hate hate hate dolls and clowns and all that crap. But it sounds like he's just pestering your mother. And very attached to you.
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
WOW. What an interesting story! I always used to wish my favorite stuffed animals would come to life as a little girl, but now I'm not so sure! Lol Good luck! Sorry I can't be of help.
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
I think you're a good story teller and would have made a wonderful writer for the TV series, The Twilight Zone.
SmartBoy6198 (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Well I hope your toy clown does not kill you I reckon you should completely get rid of all your dolls becoause the dolls may possess you which will begin a very bad thing
anyways I hop my advice helps 😉
sylviessweeties (135 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Lets just say that was a evry interestign story, I enjoy reading it, Donnie cute name! Weirdest toy we had a fat chuckles cloth clown toy, with a few strands of orange hair on its head, a fat roudn face, with X's for eyes and a stupid smirk, and thin arms and thin legs!
Pinky has become golden eye, his eyes are now sewed on gold colored buttons. Bear I got as a baby from 1 of my now deceased grandmothers. And Sue my panda bear from my dads Nanna whom I named after, have every one of her names and her surname, and shes been deceased since I was a baby spooky!
HoneyWest (9 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
You may want to consider that "Donnie" was
Created by a person. If this person was inclined to "cast a spell" in the making of "Donnie" in that "whomever loved him, he would love back" could be the answer to Why "Donnie" "spoke" to you. And why "Donnie" behaves as he does.
It might not be a bad idea to have a talk with "Donnie", regarding his behavior, I don't think that he would be the kind of Bear that you will ever be able to dismiss to the back of a closet or anything like that. I think that he would likely become Angry and do rather strange things that could more than un-nerve others. You may want to address this soon, it will not be long before you are looking at college, then on to create your own home, get married and the like. In the current situation with "Donnie" a husband or Significant other will not be accepted and will not understand "Donnie" at all.
It is time to look to protecting both of you.
Please talk to "Donnie" for his own future Protection. It would be just awful for your Future husband to decide to take "Donnie"
And place him in some remote dumpster only to have "Donnie" reappear at your front door.
Good Luck 😊
EternalLotus (8 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
-DARKNESS-

Good luck in your searches, I'll be doing some searching of my own in my free time so I'll share if I find anything useful out as well.

Thanks a bunch!

Jas
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
EternalLotus

Thankyou for your detailed description when I have some spare time I'm going to try find out a bit about it maybe see if anyone else has had similar experinces as you have and do. I will definitely share if I do.

Thank you once again for sharing.

Dan
EternalLotus (8 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
-DARKNESS-

I'm not quite certain, but I do remember the tag having 'snuggle' or something similar on it and on the bottom of Dinnie's right foot 'Carter's' is sewn in dark brown.

If a description helps at all, Donnie is about 17 inches tall if I stand him up and his light brown fur is like multiple soft threads sticking up about a centimeter. In some spots, like where I've been holding him over the years, it's worn down slightly and one can see the shorter layer of clumped fur underneath. Around Donnie's neck I put a black puppy collar that's been there for a year or so since it didn't fit our puppy when we got it, but other than that, that's the bear's entire description.

Jas
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
EternalLotus

Thanks for clearing that up yeh that certainly is very strange, there is definitely a lot more to it, what type of bear was it if you don't mind me asking was it a specific brand?

Thankyou

Dan
EternalLotus (8 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
-DARKNESS-

Thank you. If my memory serves me correctly my bear was brand new when I got him, but out of all of the ones that were sitting there on display it was the only one I wanted. That might have something to do with it, I don't know, but I've never seen or been able to find the specific brand of Teddy bear Donnie is anywhere else. I don't think they make them anymore.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
I don't know, I might have to disagree with the first 2 original posters, I have heard of dolls and figurines etc having been haunted or possesed so I don't see why not a stuffed animal or a teddy bear couldn't have the same thing happen to it. I think your mum being acute to the paranormal also has something to play here. You also mention that you thought the bear was possesed once you received it, do you know if it was brand new or maybe a used teddy bear that should be looked at more thoroughly.

Thank you for sharing

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: