You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Figure And Poltergeist Activity

Real Ghost Stories

White Figure And Poltergeist Activity

 

I haven't posted a story here in awhile, because the activity has actually decreased significantly, or has become tolerable. I moved into my new house 1 year ago. Ever since I've moved in, I've had activity from noises, to keys moving along countertops without me seeing the movement.

It's a two storey home. So when I'm downstairs, the upstairs has floor creaking, when I'm up stairs, the downstairs creaks. The creaking travels as if someone is walking around. It will start off in the hall way, and then move to the master bedroom, and then back to the hall way. Occasionally, you'll hear foot steps as well. The house is 30 years old, and yes, on occasion if I'm upstairs, it will creak when I'm walking around, but that's only when weight is applied. No weight applied no creak! It's also not the wind, because this will happen on calm days as well.

Occasionally, I'll also hear what sounds like children laughing in the dining room. It is not clear as day, but sounds like someone has a TV on in a distant room, and muffled.

White Figure And Poltergeist Activity

I've tried communicating with the presence, and have even had the house blessed. At most, this decreased the overall activity.

Recently, I went on a hunting trip, and when I came back, it all started up again and with a vengence. It all started on Friday night. I was taking pictures of my dog, for a Christmas album. And I noticed a ton of orbs all over the picture. I took another picture in the same place, and they disappeared. The lens was clean. I took other pictures and noticed occasional orbs as well.

I put up my Christmas lights on Saturday, and the noises started up again. What was frightening was that after I was done in the evening, I laid down on the couch and dozed off. Woke up, and I found my Christmas lights were off, and my hall lights were on going upstairs. (There is a switch for both). This spooked me because I thought someone was in the house. Called my family, and everyone said no one came over. I went outside, and turned off the rest of the lights.

I would have shrugged this off, but my dog got spooked as well. He stared up the stairs to the hallway for awhile. Normally, he'd run upstairs, but not this time.

During the night, there were a multitude of noises, creaking, steps, and a loud boom from I don't know where. It was so noisy; I was convinced an intruder was in my house. I even combed the house with my shotgun in hand, to be prepared for an intruder. Nothing was around. Mind you, I live by my self, my fiancé lives 350 miles away.

I finally got to sleep, and all I could say, is that my dreams were the weirdest dreams I ever had. Can't remember them, but I woke up with a feeling of fright/disgust/anger all at the same time.

Now, what's prompting me to write this is what happened yesterday. I had a friend over, and we were talking for a bit. Heard the creaking again, and we both looked over at where the switch for the Christmas lights are as well as where the thermostat is, and we both saw a white blurry figure 5.5 ft tall there peeping around the wall. It wasn't in the corner of my eye, but I saw it straight on. As quickly as it appeared, it disappeared. I couldn't make out any facial features. I've never seen an apparition before in my house, this was the first.

Again, last night, I heard many noises, and had some disturbing dreams.

I'm kind of at a lost as what to do from here. Maybe I should record EVPs; maybe I should get a ghost hunter kit.

Answers to your questions, and a little about my self. I'm a devout Catholic, no I don't play with Ouija boards; I don't dabble in the occult, or witchcraft. I'm not aware of any deaths in the house, and have tried investigating the history. The previous owner told me I am the third owner, but the whole neighborhood tells me I'm the fourth owner. No one knows of anything bad at the house, then again there is some turnover in the neighborhood. Also, I haven't asked any of the 'old timers' in the neighborhood if there were any deaths in the house for fear of looking crazy.

Other hauntings by mark

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mark, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aiafaith1 (guest)
-1
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
I'm responding to Rhondaskppr.

In my opinion, orbs are not creepy at all! This is because I see them everywhere. From the moment I wake up, until the time I go to sleep. They're part of my everyday life! When I was younger, I didn't know what they were, until I told my mom about them. She showed me picture she took at an old house somewhere in Charleston, SC. They were full of orbs. My sister is the same way. (We're psychic) Just thought it would be cool to share with you.:)
rhondaskppr (2 stories) (39 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-06-01)
Love this picture. I know orbs are everywhere we go. My husband's in the army and the base always has a awesome 4th of July firework show well in all the pictures there are so many orbs its like that's all you can see. Very creepy to look at. I also wanted to add my father's house is full of orbs. He built the house, & is the only that's lived there plus my sisters and his wife. Anywho with that said its the most haunted place I've ever been in. The reason is all his wife's family that's passed... Plus now his wife cause she has now passed, comes back to my Dads. You don't only see the orbs in pictures but you see them fly around in his room. That's the only room you can see them is his bedroom. I'm sorry I got off the subject. I just wanted to let you know why I liked your picture. If you have any questions just e-mail me. I will add my stories about my Dads house as soon as they open the submit your story back up. Sorry so long. Oh yeah... Add some more pictures... Always love to see them
everlong (1 stories) (26 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Just a word of warning. If you plan on doing EVP work just know that that can open a door just like a Ouija board can. I know you already have one ghost. Or probably do, but you could end up with more activity after doing EVP's.
mark (8 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
Well, here is what I found out so far during some conversations with the neighbors. The house was the first on the subdivision. It's the largest one on it because it was the developer's house. He bought all the land, and put his house there first, and built it the way he wanted to. It has 2 sunrooms, used to have a pool, hot tub, etc.

As for the previous owners, I learned I'm the 4th one. No one knew much about the second owners, and the third owners I talked to are sort of hush hush 🤔 When I inquired about the house history, the wife of the previous owners asked, 'why,it's not like the house is haunted or anything', and went out of her way to say the house isn't haunted without me even mentioning any of the activity. She went on telling a story about her sister buying a house where a boy committed suicide, and that nothing like that happened here. So, I'm starting to wonder.

It sounds strange, but I'm getting used to the activity. Last night, I came home, my kitchen lights were on, when I knew I left them off while at work. I'm wondering if I'm being welcomed home or are they getting used to me? Very unnerving not knowing, and having no privacy.
torabla (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Mark,
You mentioned the house was 30 years old. You maybe the fourth or third owner. What was built in the land before your house was built. You mentioned you have heard children and also seen things moving. Maybe it is not the house it is the land the house was built on you should look into that. Good story thank you for sharing.
Cindy17 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
In my opinion you shouldn't do any EVP recordings unless you are an expert. You don't know exactly what it is that you're living with, whether evil or not... You don't want to create a portal inviting them into your world and in essence making things worse. I would recommend, like others, to find a psychic that is close to you. Maybe this will help if you're interested http://www.yourghoststories.com/organizations/
mark (8 stories) (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Thanks for the comments and advice. I think the worst part is not knowing what is going on. Yesterday, I was in the basement, and could have sworn I saw a shawdow infront of me and then heard some running up the stairs. Life is getting interesting here to say the least.

How do you find a reputible psychic?

Thanks again
HoneyWest (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-09)
Dear Mark,
Maybe the Holiday Spirit envoked by the lights has excited the presence that is in Your home, bringing back a flow of happy busy times past.
If I were in your position I would likely contact a reputable physic to come and do a reading in my home, to see if they could make contact with whomever is there with you.
It would be a way to communicate to them that you would like for them to go on to the next world or to at least co-exist with
You in a less audible manner.
A person that is able to tune into the presence would be able to answer your questions regarding why the presence is still there.
You would want to do some research to find the right person for the job. If it were I, I would likely have more than one person come for a reading, then, I would know more about how to handle the situation.
If the home is 30 years old, and you are the third or fourth owner, what was on the land prior to the home being built? Was it a farm, an old school house, a trading post?
Some of this information can be gleened from the records of the land filed at your county court house. The deeds from the previous owners are on file, as your deed is.
If you could take time to go to the court house, and if you are lucky to have a county office that has scanned the images of the deeds into a computer filing system, finding the desired information would only take a few moments.
With the information you could then do some research to find out about the previous owners. Asking questions of the old timers in your area is also a good idea, they may be able to give you insight into why the people who have owned the home prior to you moved. They also may have contact information for some of the previous owners,
If the last two sets left for reasons similar to what has been happening to you, they would most likely be very happy to share their experiences with you.
Good luck in finding out about your home's past, the knowledge will help you create a happy home future.
Merry Christmas 😁
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-08)
It doesn't have to be the house that someone died in, it could be the land. Who knows what was there before many generations ago? Shadow people are everywhere.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: