You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Man in the Hall Way

Real Ghost Stories

Man in the Hall Way

 

I've been avidly reading the stories on this site for several months now and have finally gathered the courage to tell one of my own. It's been two summers since this incident, but it still kind of spooks me. My friend Sarah has a family of 7 and is one of 5 girls. Her oldest sister was graduating from high school and she wanted to attend the graduation with her family. So her mom asked me if I would babysit her 3 younger sister. At the time Rachel was 8, Sammy 3, and Paula 2. So I arrive at the house, said bye to Sarah and the family and wished Anna great graduation wishes.

At about eight o'clock, Rachel started to complain about being hungry which started a chain reaction between all 3 girls whining for food. So off to the kitchen we headed. I told Rachel to go see what she wanted out of the pantry but she refused to open the pantry door, proclaiming she didn't feel right about it. This struck me as really odd due to the fact that she is a very brave determined girl and the house is BRAND NEW, like just built, so it wasn't creepy at all. But all the same, she was 8, so after I took care of their "empty" stomach I decided it was quite time and we all sat on the couch to watch Stewart Little. I strategically placed rachel on one side of me and Paula and Sammy on the other side {that way I could keep my eyes on all of them}. At about 10:00pm the house started to feel really really chilly and not a windy cold, but a dry eerie cold, and since it was the middle of may in california with no AC, it struck me as REALLY odd. But it got so bad I told the kids I was going to go borrow one of Sarah's sweatshirts. As soon as I mentioned that I was going into Sarah's room, her door {visible from the sitting room} slammed shut {by itself} with such vengeance, I decided to let it be and deal with the cold.

Sitting back on the couch {girls in original positions} in the freezing cold, I, all of the sudden, felt a feeling of dread flow over me. As I looked up from the TV in discomfort, I saw a person in a crisp white gown dash from the hall way to the computer room. It had golden hair and it was running with its face turned away from me. It was very tall but I didn't see feet so it could have been floating / running. Something lead me to believe it was a young man. And creepiest of all, it looked totally alive!

After seeing whatever it was, I looked at the girls who were all in their places just sitting there and proclaimed that hadn't seen a thing.

I hadn't mentioned anything to Sarah or Anna until 4 weeks had passed and finally, I relayed the tale. Sarah looked up at me like I had just punched her in the face. And she began to tell me how she had see the same exact person only 5 days before I had. But she just shrugged it off.

Although no one else in the house have seen it, Sarah's mom and dad have heard shrill shrieks from that hall and their bedroom door does unlock and open itself.

Sarah and I are the same age, is that why only us have seen it? Or perhaps the thing is the same age as us and was buried under the house years ago? But what is quite puzzling is that it looked completely solid, I thought ghosts were supposed to be transparent?

Your comments are much appreciated. Thanks!

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lindsay, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-23)
Not all ghost are transparent.

It could be the land it was built on.

If you have any other questions, email me: spirithelper [at] hotmail.com

Has anything else happened?

Take care! ❤
henry16 (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-10)
wow that was a great story sounds creepy, even though the house is new doesn't mean its not haunted its not always the house it could be the land its built on, I have posted a story with a similar situation my house was new but I felt there was still something there
pinkzenitsu (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-02)
wow that is really something maybe one day I'll get the courage to tell you all what happened to me. Until then thanks for sharing 😳
Amethyst20 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
Hi, to heather... Ouija boards are very dangerous and should never be used unless you are in the presence of a psychic or medium who knows what they are doing to open and close the seance and for protection! However, they can help you contact the dead, although I have had relatives tell me they did one and they will never do it again as they were very scared with their ordeal.

P.S. Great story by the way!
Heather (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
I've never tried an ouja board... What happens when you use one? I think I've seen people use them in movies. Is it where you close you eyes and the thing moves around... Someone tell me what they are.
Roman (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
sometimes when I sit at home alone watching tv I get these feelings of coldness run through my body and its very displeasing and scary that I'm just paralysed and don't want to move. I get these feeling that I'm not the only one but then I realize that its my gardian angel that's with me and trying to confort my and I thank the lord for that.

god bless
Lindsay (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
wow... Cool thanks! This is a really neat place here. I'v learned a lot! Most of all stay away from the ouija boards! Sorry that you have to turn into the broken record of warning! :)
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
Lindsay they can draw energy from just about anything. Even the air around them. This is why you will often feel cold spots. Now as for the smell of lemon, that is a new one on me. I know ones that are of positive energies love the smell of lavander, rose, jasmine, and things of that nature. So I guess it wouldn't be unlikely that they like lemon.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Lindsay (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
thanks for the comment!

i had a couple questions about that energy thing. I have read from several different sources that spirts can pull energy from thier surrounding ie: TV, radio, Digital alarm clock. That seems kind of far fetched to me but just a question I had. Also I have heard that ghosts love the smell of lemons but I only read that on one site so I think its creditablitly might be a bit shoddy seeings as I couldn't find other sites to substantiate that information. Just wondering because I love lemons so...

anyways once again thanks!

lindsay
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
From listening to experiences others have had and from other various sources I have learned that not all apparitions are transparent. Some have the ability to draw the energy required to become full form apparitions and appear as solid as you or I. Not that I have ever seen one of these, then again how would I know I had? I could easily have mistaken one for another investigator at a site. Things that make you go, Hmmmm. If you feel comfortable try getting photos around the home and see what happens to appear on the film. Thirty five millimeter is the best for trying to capture full forms. Good luck.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: