You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Man In The Black Coat

Real Ghost Stories

The Man In The Black Coat

 

I've never told a living soul about my paranormal experience for fear of ridicule and social rejection. I feel that now I am older and have the intelligence to thoroughly tell my story, I can let others know what happened.

I've lived in this house with my great-grandparents for about fourteen years, the first house we lived in was haunted by an older man who died there. My great-grandparents and my grandparents seen and heard the old man. I, however, did not because I was much too young. But that's an entirely different story, so now I'll get to the point.

I was about four (or five) years old and I led a fairly normal life until one night. I was in my grandmother and I am old room, laying in my bed and staring up at the ceiling. The door was open and it happened to be very dark, which terrified me. So I began calling out, "I want my mommy! (I call my great-grandmother mom because she's the only mother I've ever known) Mommy, please... I'm scared!"

To which she would reply, "Be quiet and go to sleep before I come in there and whip (a spanking) you." But I was persistent and finally she came into the room and told me to shut up and then she left, again. So I finally quitted down after a while but I was still unable to sleep.

I honestly can't recall what possessed me to look down and stare at the bathroom door but when I looked away for a moment and then back at it, I saw a man who I knew wasn't my great-grandfather. My great-grandfather was only about 5'2" and this man seemed to be 6'0" - 6'5". He wore a long black coat like the ones in those old detective movies and he donned a black fedora-like hat. The man didn't seem like he meant any harm to me and he hid his face but I could feel his eyes staring directly at me. It filled me with a content feeling but as a very small child, it scared the living is Jesus out of me.

The man lingered for a moment and then walked into the room beside the bathroom and disappeared. It was a very fast experience; he was gone almost as soon as he came.

I haven't seen this man since and I'm 16 years old. However, I continue to see spirits and recently, I've began hearing voices outside my door (which is the room the man walked into). My great-grandfather has seen this man though but just a quick glimpse. You can make your own decision if you believe my story or not. I'm glad I finally got this off of my chest.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Chris, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-28)
Hello, Chris or iSchreiben, 😁
You said that you were laying in bed, and then the Shadowed Person (for lack of an explanation at this point) moved INTO the room beside the bathroom and disappeared. Was your Grandfather IN his room at the time?
Were you moved INTO that room AFTER you witnessed this?
Thank you.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
its a type of Shadow person, they half of the time appear wearing fedoras, and trench coats, their eyes maybe red, or bluish
I personally think they have bad content
They know they scare people, and they do it for a reason...
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
iSchreiben (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
whitebuffalo: The room he walked into is now MY room but it used to be my grandfather's (and he's still alive). I hear the voices right outside my door, in the hallway and living room.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
I am glad that you felt safe enough here to share this with us.
I am just curious. What is that room, the one the man walked into and where you hear the voices, USED for?
Thank you.
iSchreiben (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-10)
I had forgotten to log in when submitting this story, so here's my account:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: