You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Ghostly Encounters Since 13

Real Ghost Stories

Ghostly Encounters Since 13

 

My name is Nikki I'm 21 years old and I come from a small town called Banff in Scotland.

When I was 13 years old I had my first encounter with a spirit, whenever I was alone in our new house, I could hear footsteps running around upstairs (the landlord told me and my mother that we were not allowed upstairs and we only lived downstairs but I ignored this) whenever I checked it out there was nobody there. My mum never believed me.

Nothing else happened once we moved out for a few years and I even began using the Ouija board I made myself. (My mum freaked out when she found it and demanded I get rid of it and the glass that I had used).

Once I moved in with my boyfriend 4 years ago everything kicked off again.

First incident was shortly after my granddad passed away. I was having a tough time dealing with it so I spent a lot of time alone (I was 16 years old, 2004). One night whilst watching TV in the living room alone I noticed the curtain moving, the window wasn't open as it was winter and I hate the cold then I heard a deep raspy voice say my name naturally I was terrified.

The next incident (august 2005) was me seeing a spirit for the first time I was in our walk in cupboard looking for something to eat, as I closed the door I saw somebody walking towards me. I thought it was my boyfriends mum as she did pop round often and as I turned to say hello she was gone, the woman I saw had shoulder length wavy brown hair and was wearing a bright purple dressing gown and fluffy slippers.

(18 years old), one night I woke up really thirsty and had a bottle of juice at the foot of my bed on my table when I saw a small blonde haired boy no older than 4 years old he was holding on to the end of the bed where my boyfriend was sleeping he turned and stared right at me. I didn't feel threatened at all I turned away to drink my juice and when I looked back he was gone.

I found out the next day when I spoke to my boyfriend about what I'd seen that I had seen his spirit guide as he told me the story how after his father passed away he went to see a medium (witch as she was known) in South Africa with his mum and she told him about his spirit guide and what he looked like.

I had also been having lots of nightmares around this time where I kept seeing a young blonde girl (around 18-20 years old) with smeared makeup covered by clear shower curtain in my bathtub always looking at me shouting at me but I could never hear her and she always got angry and attacked me.

For years whenever I went upstairs particularly at night I feel like somebody is trying to grab my legs it is really unsettling.

Now at 21 years old my latest experience is four loud bangs from the foot of the staircase. I heard the other night shortly after my boyfriend was talking in his sleep and grabbed my face (still get heebie geebies from that) he has only started doing weird things in his sleep over past 2 month really can't ex plain that...

The problem is that I have had enough of these ghosts bothering me and really just looking for any solution to make them leave me alone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nikki88, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

nikki88 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-29)
well thank you for the comment alex and your right to say about not using the ouiji board they are a bad idea.
And thank you again for the prayer but one thing you are right on is I'm not religious.
Thankfully I'm now in a new flat with my partner and things have settled down well apart from the little boy he's still around but I don't mind him really.

Thank you everybody for all your help and comments I think I can be at peace and not afraid anymore.:)
Alex180 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-26)
i just read your story and I'm so scared I'm sleeping with my mom tonight. I'm 13, and I've had experiences with ghosts before. When I was 8 or 9 I was getting ready in my moms room and I saw a full body ghost that looked like a man in a suit and top hat! I flipped out and my mom said "I don't want to hear it!" Well I saw a ghostly orb in the corner of my room on valentines day this year so I'm scared I'm being haunted. (and I saw the movie 'the haunting in connecticut' which did not help my mind set at ala!)

So anyway, like you, I get the feeling of being watched all the time. And creepy things happen to me. Like last summer I had shut my closet doors so that I wouldn't see into my closet and imagine things, and when I woke up the next morning it was open! I Flipped out! Anyway I everynight before I go to sleep, I pray to god to keep me safe. This is basically what I say after doing the "Father, son, Holy Spirit" gesture,

I say, "Dear God, Mary, Jesus, and any saint that can help me, please protect me. Please keep me from having any nightmares tonight. Please protect me from any ghosts or demons tonight. Please keep my family safe happy and healthy, and my friends and their families safe happy and healthy. To the father, son, and the holy spirit. Amen"

I don't know if you're really religious, or anything, but as long as you have faith that god will protect you, he will. Just say this to yourself at night and hopefully it will work. I said that last night when I was really freaked out from that movie (and it didn't help when I googled ghost stories just because I felt like learning about this) and it worked. I didn't have a bad dream, and ended up sleeping until 11 this morning.

Godbless,
Alex

P.S. Sorry this is such a long comment.

P.S.S. I forgot to say... I've wanted to use a Ouija board just because I'm curious, but from these comments and others I've seen, I don't think I will. Because I've seen enough ghosts to last me a lifetime.

P.S.S.S. Did I mention I feel like I'm being watched all the time?
nikki88 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
new update... On my mum's going away party there was a photo taken in the bathroom of my aunty's reflection in the bathroom mirror and there was an image just in the corner... It was the little boy I seen a few years back I swear it is and it was just me and my aunty in the bathroom.
nikki88 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-30)
well I think things are getting better
A few days ago I did hear footsteps running around and what sounded like furniture being moved at 3:15am but with it being a few days before xmas I just thought maybe the kids next door were being really excited and were up late.
see27burn (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-29)
I hope things are better with you and yours, do you have any updates for us?

-meg
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-19)
I have been seeing ghost since I was 3 years old and I know fearing them makes things worse took me a lot of years to understand this. I use to wake up throwing pillows punches and even walking straight through them [not a good idea]but nothing worked if you think its evil by all means follow the advice from the others, Just trying to help goodluck.aussiedaz
nikki88 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-19)
last night I heard tapping from my big wardrobe at the end of the room, it then moved to the small thin wardrobe near the end of my side of the bed.
It was always 4 at a time.
Im sorry but this is afully frequent, more than I'm used to
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
Your idea of talking to the real medium you know is a good one. Go for it! And seriously, I do not mean any disrespect toward aussiedaz, but I'm not sure you should ask them to knock or anything. The fact someone terrified you by calling your name in a raspy voice makes me think it's not your granddad. Surely, he wouldn't wish to scare you like that! The medium should be able to help you, including getting rid of any further scary situations.

Best wishes,

Watersprite ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
heard a loud thump last night nikke88 just before my christmas tree fell over, I think a spirit use's its energy to make a noise to let you know there here. Timber rafters, floor boards, etc expands through the night due to temperature change causing noises creeks and bangs, Spirits know this and with there energy can make the noise louder. Someone is trying to contact you probably a relative. Try asking them to knock three times then stop they should respond to this, If not then its nothing.
nikki88 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
i have heard thumps coming from the loft (the hatch is in our bedroom) put have always put that to the back of my mind just putting it down to things falling on their own.
I have also heard scratching but it comes from around our pipes (also in our roomi large in wall cupboard) so don't think that anything to worry bout.

Thinking about noises now I have gotten up during the night thinking sombody was in the house due to a loud thump but whenever I didn't find anything I put it down to the neighbours
nikki88 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
demanding them to leave me alone gives me a few days repreve but that's it I no longer see the spirits that showed themselves to me wher I did not feel threatened.

What happenes with my boyfriend is that he sits up straight shouting what the f^*$ constantly and is only calm as I speak to him, he also says who's that, there is sombody there and I don't see anything but the last time he said nothing looked around the room then sat with his legs crossed (he hates sitting like that and finds it uncomfortable) facing me and just stared until I told him he was scaring me and to go to sleep,
His eyes are wide open every time.

I always imagine a bright light over me and my boyfriend

My mum has told me after I used the ouiji board about her expierence with a demon personally... It only left her alone when she consieved me.

I know a real honest medium do you think I should maybe talk to her?
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
i think you should take tonith's advice and just try demanding that they live you alone... It should work for you 😊
Watersprite (3 stories) (85 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
Have you tried getting the house blessed by a local priest? Maybe you could carry incense around your house (like sage) and pray in all the corners of the house, including closets. You could also sleep with a piece of iron under your bed (like a horse shoe or little frying pan), line all around your room and along all the window sills with a little line of salt. And you could always try "The Skeleton Key" approach and line doorways and window sills with brick dust. (According to real shaman friends of mine, it has to be "real" brick dust made from a hand-formed brick from a cemetery, and pounded into very fine powder. You can get some at New Age stores, Wiccan stores or online at Mojo Curio Company.) Before you go to sleep, imagine yourself and your home surrounded and filled with God's light and love and ask for protection. I always give this advice to people, and it's based on authentic Hoodoo, Vodou, Hexerei and other spiritual traditions. Good luck and God bless you. ❤

~ Watersprite
see27burn (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
This sounds terrifying. I don't have any advice to give, but maybe when you used the ouija board you opened up something, and it is pinned on you now. That's what I think anyways. I hope you figure out what is going on and quick. Good luck and peace.

-meg
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
Hi nikki88 so your saying your boyfriend has been doing this for the last 2months, I think something may also be affecting him to maybe get to you, but that could be wrong altogether but it does seem worrying.

You mention that it is when you hear them is when it bothers you the most, what is it exactly that you hear? Is it the footsteps or is there other things also?

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
Be careful of Spirit Guides. Mediums cannot tell if they are of good or bad nature. They cannot tell if they are human spirits or demonic, the same with any other spirits besides guides.
Demons take control of people in their sleep.
Most shadow people are demons, especially the way you describe it crawling, they do that to avoid being entirely seen. They like to crawl on surfaces including walls.
Playing with Ouija boards will open up portals and leave you for possession. Not entirely sure if this is where these spirits come from.
Pray and command them to leave in name of God if they do not come from God.
Otherwise, these things will be following you around for a long time.
What exactly does your husband do in his sleep? Does his attitude change?
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
Why don't you just try demanding that they live you alone? Seems to work for most people. I know when stress is involved (like a death in the family) people can imagine things that aren't really there. My motto is if it happens when sleeping or nearing sleep it doesn't count. Some of what you described could have been the kinetic energy of a teen and young adult. Or maybe you are just sensitive and learning to live with it?
nikki88 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
sometimes seeing them does still bother me but hearing them always bothers me.

Lst night as I was about to go upstairs though I seen a creepy dark figure that was crawling on the floor in the dark after me out the corner of my eye.
It scared me.
I don't know what to make of this and how do I deal with seing them and hearing them it still seems new to me 😢
xxXEllaXxx (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-13)
I believe you does hearing and seeing ghosts bother you any more

Thanks for the story keep me posted!

Much Love Ella <3 xoxo 😊 ❤
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
Thank you for your story I know your telling the truth, Because of how short and to the point your story is. You probably jump a lot just as your about to go to sleep at night, Just like most of us your physic. Its sometimes annoying.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: