You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Alchoholic Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Alchoholic Ghost

 

My name is nadine, I used to stay at my auntsy place every weekend and go to parties. When I was there once my cousin (who I didn't like very much at the time but are best friends now) was in Whangerai, which is a four hour drive from where we lived, I stayed in her room while she was away.

It was around 8pm, I was a sober driver, I was a bit bummed, so I went to bed.

After I had lied there for about an hour I finally started to drift off to sleep, when it felt like some one had sat up and adjusted there sitting position, I had had a friend offer to sleep with me and I had turned them down, so I thought that they had climbed into bed with me, I didn't really mind at the time, but then I remembered that they had stayed at someone else's place, seeing as I had dropped them off, I was to afraid to turn the light on or say anything. I half sat up to try and have a good look but it seem to be that the street lights weren't working so all I could see was a dark figure, it sounded like they were drinking a can of alcohol, it smelt like it I could also hear them swallowing. I sat up and had a better look, they didn't move or say anything so I ran outside and asked my aunty about it.

Apparently an old man named Albert, used to live there before they did and he was an alcoholic, my cousin had heaps of empty alcohol bottles and he was attracted to them.

It freaked me out so much that I never went into the room ever again, my cousin ended up moving out into the caravan.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, crumpits1, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

boob00_99 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-31)
oh my mate. The beer cans were the trigger object for the spirit to kind of tell you that they are there. I'm just a girl whos watched too much ghost adventures
crumpits1 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-03)
oh and another thing, they werent just empty alchohol bottles lying around, they where collectors bottles of jack daniels and jim beam, cans of special edition codys, 1992 empty bottle of vodka and so on.
crumpits1 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-31)
ok this is to answer everyones questions, my cousin did move out to the caravan, but not permanantly, she is currently sleeping in another room, um yeah I rush type so can never string together a proper sentence sometimes.

Um my uncle is a very spiritual man, he saw albert as an elderly man who wears a brown hat and brown suit with a hunch, when my uncle saw him, albert had no eyes. They got rid of him buy using a few things, insense smoke, wine, candles and asking it to leave, I also found out that there was a special needs girl that was adopted about 20 years ago and she lived there, the father left them, the mother went semi crazy and beat the girl, she developed MS and finally died, that is about the only history that we could find out, the council will not give us the information we want and I don't know how to find out, if any one has any suggestions of how to go about it? Apparantly the other spirits in the house are still hasaling my cousin, she often sleeps with the light on to help her sleep, we feel that the front room (the one with albert) is infact some sort of portal to the spirit world as they keep coming back, my aunty or any of them do not practice any form of witch craft or in any spirtual form bring the spirits in.

Thanks for all the feed back, I love good and back critisicim!

Crumpits1:)
Lavenders (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-04)
O_O lol he carried his love for beer all the way to his grave and thereafter... That's pretty unique.
kragen07 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-04)
Whoa! I would have left too. I don't blame him for not wanting to go back...
blondiexisxmex (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-03)
I don't blame your cousin for not wanting to sleep in that room anymore but it seems odd that he didn't know about it until you said... 😕
Gundalf (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-03)
i agree with irishgal there as I have seen many of those kind of haunts before also I agree with whitebuffalo it seems like an 'easy fix' to just remove the bottles.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-02)
Uh, like PERMANENTLY your cousin moved out into the caravan?
I am just curious.
If you KNOW that the entity was attracted to all of the empty alcohol paraphernalia laying about in the room... Why did you all just not get rid of the empty bottles? It just seems like such an "easy fix" to me.
Thank you.
IrishGal (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-02)
It sounds like a "residual" haunt, or a non-intelligent haunt. This is where the energy of a person or past event is left behind to "rerun" their actions. The energy has no intelligent interaction with you - it's like you are witnessing or watching a movie. If it starts to try to make contact or frighten you in any way, that would be a an active /intelligent haunting and would make difference in how to handle it. Rather frightening, though, to have someone slip into bed next to you - and drinking a beer!
-YourMoon- (7 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
Wow strange story it might have actually been a ghost or it could have actually been a person. Well let's overview this. It couldn't have been a human because there's no one who could have broken into your house and actually asked if he could lay with you. Or maybe somewhone in your family is alchoholic. No offence if they might be. But great story.
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-01)
Ninjasin, shhhhh... If you can't even form a half decent sentence don't waste peoples time please. Sounds like he/she is under the influence them selves ha.

Interesting story, is there no other info on the history of this man? Also the experiences of other family members would be interesting to hear:)
Tydin xx

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: