You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Dark Figure & The Unexplainable Whisper

Real Ghost Stories

A Dark Figure & The Unexplainable Whisper

 

It was just like any other bland March night. I had just completed an essay for school, and began preparing for bed. The time was around 11:30 -11:40 give or take. I had crawled into my bed which faces the door; my parents had made it a rule to sleep with the door open. Just like any other teenager I listened to my iPod for a while, and then eventually decided I should catch some sleep.

What seemed like hours passed and I couldn't drift into much needed sleep. By this time my eyes have already become used to the dark and I was able to see fairly well. For some reason I looked over to the doorway to my room, and that's when I saw a formless, dark, cloud in the shape of a human there. Immediately I froze, whatever that thing was, I felt it staring at me, the type of "I'm going to hurt you" type of stare. This figure had no face or anything, just a shape. I had sat up in my bed and tried to move my feet closer to me and to my pillows. That's when the figure appeared to "melt" into the carpet. Seconds felt like hours, I didn't know if I should get up or stay in bed. Before I had time to register what I had just seen, something was going through my mattress. Literally, going through my mattress, from my feet up to me. Like a big bump traveling up to me. Right away, I stood up on my bed and leaned myself against the wall. My heart was beating so loud and I had stopped breathing, I was terrified. As fast as that traveling bump went through my bed, it was gone. It sunk into my mattress right before my feet.

Silence.

The left side of my face was up against the wall, and just when I had thought this was all over... I heard whispering directly in my left ear. It wasn't from the room next door, no; I could feel the heat of the breath, and felt teeth right up on my ear. I don't know what it said, but it was very fast. At that point I ran out of my room hysterical, into my parents room, crying. There was no way I was going to back to sleep in my room. So I stood in the living room with a rosary.

The next day, my dad told me about this weird phenomenon about a demon that follows my dad's side of the family. It sounds weird and I'm not implying it was a demon, because I really don't know. When my dad was a child, he used to live in Mexico with my 12 uncles and aunts. Each one of them has had an experience relating to mine (the dark figure). He said it was because a woman who used to practice witchcraft in my grandma's old house before they lived there.

It sounded like something out of a movie, when I got to school that day I decided to do some research. I found that back in pioneer times the land I live on used to be an Indian burial ground.

Now I don't know really what that thing was freaked the hell out of me that night, but one thing I know for sure is I'm NEVER going to look at the doorway at night.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashkac11_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Silvernight (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-16)
Try not to antagonize it. Maybe if you help it realize that you don't want it to bother you and you won't bother it. I dunno, just my guess at what I'd do. Good Luck!
Maggots (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-24)
Few months ago my grandpa had a story just like yours but it was when he took a ride out to the park and there is a gravel mountain on the way and a left turn and on that turn he saw a black figure just standing there staring at him talking to him next to his ear but didn't understand a word.

There is no way he knows this figure that day he saw was from this town or look'd like anyone else from this town (Only way to go to this town is a 1 hour ride) and the figure didn't have a face. The other time he went there to have a relax at the park he came home like he saw something out of this world.
xavenging_angelx (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
That's really, really strange. Although it's been awhile since I've seen the black shadow in my room (I think it's because I'm terrified of it and refuse to acknowledge its presence) but it's like what you described. Seriously... What are these things?
number13 (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
I have a suggestion if you're problem is not yet solved. Do an EVP and video a room where you think it's place that's feels negative toward you like the hotspot for the ghost, videocam the room and use a tape recorder then just left the house for a while, if you do not now what is an EVP I suggest you open wikipedia. Thank you for the story.
ashkac11_ (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
thankyou all for your support and suggestions. We had the house blessed last week. The activity stopped for a few days (2) but I think in doing so it just pissed off whatever was in the house. Now objects move and the dark figure makes itself known at least once a day so far. Help please
BlackValkyrie (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Do as greenpondmike suggested. Plus try getting some blessed medals of on your necks and hang one in themain door of the house. Also Inviting a priest to bless the house could work. Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benedict_of_Nursia
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
i think greenpongmike has totally summed it up for me I would definatly get rid of this problem now rather than later! 😉
Trudy82 (5 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
...Okay, I'm laying here in the dark next to my sleeping fiance reading these stories and I want you to know that I just about crapped my pants right now reading this! Lol Wow... When I was little I used to be terrified all night long in the dark, and for some reason I always had this image in my head of something being under my bed that was going to stab right up through my mattress with a great big knife while I was sleeping. I used to cry and toss and turn a lot, and every night as my Mom was tucking me in I would ask her, "Am I going to be okay?" I never told her about the images I was seeing though. I was terrified of my closet which was right next to my bed, and for a long time I slept with the light on until my Mom would go to bed and turn it out for me. I figured it was an overactive imagination, and it may have been, but who knows. I also had a recurring nightmare at that same time for several nights that a big threatening man was stabbing me. It stopped when we moved out of that house. This was a brand new house though... Creepy creepy!

Good luck with this thing! I wish you and your family the best.
sharna148 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
when I was in grade 1 I'd always wake up during the night and cry. Id sleep walk a lot and screem and tell people to go away in my sleep. Something was haunting me. I didn't even know what all this was. I was only young (7). Anyway this continued to happen every night for MORE then 3 months. Then I told my mum something about a wishing stone. I got it from this fake fairy in a party. When I got home I stupidly prayed to it for some reason. Anyway I decide to tell my mum bout it and she through it in the bin straight away. And from then everything stoped. When I was in grade 5 and 6 id always worry about opening a door and seeing a black thing there but I knew they werent real. Now I npw they are and I'm sooooooooooooooooo scared.
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
Sounds like you need to "nip this one in the bud" if you and your family don't want to be bothered by it anymore. You will also be protecting your future generation by acting now. I would suggest that your whole family get together and pray, then in unison, bind/cast out that spirit in the name of JESUS. You may have to do that several times, but be persistant. Who knows, it might leave the very first time. As for not looking at the door, if it is there, it is there whether you see it or not. You probably need to see it so you can prepare yourself for your reaction to it. I know it's hard to not be afraid, but from what I understand they feed off of fear and anger (any negitive emotion) and it might would make it stronger. Best wishes and may GOD bless you and your family...-Mike
jadediana (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
There has been many indian burial grounds everywhere. I have not heard of anything like your story I say it was most likely a demon. If it was any type of other creature it would definetely not have sunk into your carpet nor would it have gone under your covers up to you and whispered. I wish you best of luck and if I ever find very helpful information for you I would gladly help. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: