You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Cowboy Killer

Real Ghost Stories

Cowboy Killer

 

Up until I was about five or six I lived in a small town in West Virginia. At one point in time, pretty much everyone in my family had lived in the house my mother, father, brother and I were living in. Coming out of my room there was the bathroom to the left and then across the hallway was my brothers room. One day I was coming out of my room and there in front of me stood the silhouette of what appeared to be, what I described at the time, a cowboy. He had no features; he was just a solid black form. He came towards me and stopped, then turned around and headed into my brothers room. Being a little kid wondering what the hell happened, I screamed. When my mother came in I told her that I had saw a man in a cowboy hat and that he had gone into my brother's room. My mother had naturally told me that it was just my imagination.

About a year or two ago I inquired about what happened. My mother told me that there was a man, who lived with his wife and children before we owned the house, that was suspected of killing his family and burying them in the back yard. The house was set on a steep hill that my cousins, who are now in there 20's, liked to climb when they were younger. When they were digging in the yard they found bones that they brought to their parents. They were confirmed as being human.

And, I have no idea if this is linked to that at all, but every once in a while I'll wake up and look at the end of my bed and see a hooded figure. I don't feel threatened, as I immediately go back to sleep. I know that it's not just a dream. I also feel as though I'm being watched periodically throughout the day...

Other hauntings by snms234

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, snms234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

snms234 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
KiwiSpirit,

The bone found was femur bone (so I was told) and the guy that identified it was an avid hunter. So he knew that it wasn't from any of the local animals. Like I said though, I had only seen the ghost; I wasn't born yet when they had found the bones. I'm not ruling out the fact that they could've been an animals bones. I'm just saying the chances were slim.
KiwiSpirit (1 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
any suspicion of finding human remains should be alerted to the authorities. How likely is it that the bones were human? Other than someones guess? Sometimes information like this could not only be beneficial as closure to a spirit but it could be a lead on a possible 'cold-case' held with the authorities of that area.

Sometimes what can seem silly could be the long awaited lead that been waiting to surface, literally in this case.

Kiwi
Ladygaga101 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
freaky how can you cope with it id be sooo scared and I would move house
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
wow such a scary story! I think that the cowboy is looking fr something but I think the hooded figure is something else. Sometimes hooded figures meen 2 things... New life or death.
snms234 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
Oracle101,
All I know is what my mother told me. I'm not even sure if they turned the bones in. 😕 One of my family members confirmed the bones as being human. I've never tried to look up any information regarding that family, as I know what I saw. Even if it was for the briefest of seconds. They never actually confirmed the "case" as a murder, although, it was suspected by my aunt because the husband never really treated his wife all that great. So when the wife and children were gone it was propositioned that she and the children left him. My aunt and her boyfriend at that time suggested that he killed them, given the past circumstances.
I honestly have no idea what REALLY happened; just what I've been told by my family. I also felt very threatened by him. That's probably why the story stuck with me for so long. Not to mention why I would never go to that part of the house; I slept in my parents room until we moved out.
Oracle101 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-13)
If the bones were confirmed as being human, who confirmed this, and did the authorities confirm the human bones belonged to that family, and did they find evidence of who killed them?

Oracle101
snms234 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
Thanks for the feedback. 😁
My family had the house for quite some time before I was born, but we sold it when we moved out of state.
haterandloverofghosts (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
Wow,scary! Maybe that cowboy feels sorry for his children, and are trying to look for them. Maybe he thinks it is you! I kind of agree with greenpondmike, maybe the cowboy and the hooded figure are not related. Who knows?

Wish you the best 😁
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
Hi snms234, I don't think the cowboy and the hooded figure are connected, although I may be wrong. Those hooded spirits are showing up in a lot of places and are usually associated with sleep paralysis. They are usually up to no good from what I've read. I would recomend getting rid of that particular spirit. If you are unsure how, maybe ask a paster of a church for advice.
HoneyWest (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
That's very scary information...
Makes one wonder why no one during the time that the family was "missing" looked in
The backyard.
In earlier days the men wore brimmed hats
That would have the appearence of Cowboy
Hats. In the past no man went without
Headgear.
Thanks for sharing your story...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: