You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Moving In To Grandparents House

Real Ghost Stories

Moving In To Grandparents House

 

My first experience was many years ago. I was in my mid-twenties and recently married. We had moved into my husband grandpa's house. Sometimes, at night when the house was quiet, we would hear noises of footsteps, which sounded like someone entering the backdoor and walking into the bathroom and back out the door. Sometimes it would enter the second bedroom. Shortly after, we had moved into the home the noises began. When I was unpacking, I put the puzzles and games in the closet of the second bedroom. I had a habit of keeping all gifts that were given to me, (out of respect of the giver) whether I used them or not. Among these puzzles and games was a Ouija. It had been given to me by and ex-sister-in-law as a gift. I did not think much about it at the time. I put it in the closet with the other games and puzzles. Shortly after our first child was born; I began to notice the footsteps even more and they seemed to be entering the second bedroom a lot. This was the bedroom of my newborn. I thought at first it was just my imagination.

One day I was in the living room and my daughter was sleeping in her crib. This cold chill ran through me and a fearful thought out of nowhere made me go check on my baby. She was lying in her crib sleeping on her back. I noticed she was not breathing. I picked her up and blew in her face. She woke-up and everything was fine. From then on I paid closer attention. I would hear noises, but never see anything.

Once we were lying in bed and I woke up with the feeling of some one watching me. My husband was also awake and felt it to. My husband said it is ok, it is grandma. She died here. She is just watching over us. I was unsure how he knew this. I asked later how he knew. My husband said he could just feel it and it smelled like her. I never questioned it afterwards. The footsteps continued on. We never saw grandma watching us in the bedroom afterwards.

One day in the spring time, my husband had built new steps by the kitchen door. The weather was calm and sunny. I was at home alone. I was in the kitchen doing the dishes, when I heard a noise out on the step, which sounded like someone was hammering. I looked out the kitchen door and nothing was there and the hammering noise had stopped. A few minutes later it started again and when looking out the door; it had stopped. I began to feel like someone was playing tricks. The noise started again; I went to the back-door where I could see the kitchen door in my view. I opened the back-door and looked, the noise has stopped and no one was there. A few minutes went by and the noise started again. This time I went out the front-door and walked around to the kitchen door again no one was there, and the noise stopped. When I went back into the house I left the front door open in case the noise started again, and I took off my shoes. When it started again I tip-toed out the front door, and went around to the kitchen door. The hammering continued but no one was there. The hammering noise was where the new steps had been built. There was not even a breeze blowing, and nothing around that could be making this noise. I decide to thank the person for fixing my steps. I said thank you and went back in the house. The noise continued on for about two more hours and then went away.

A friend suggested we destroyed the Ouija board; afterwards you could still hear footsteps once in awhile entering through the back-door into the bathroom. They never entered the second bedroom again, and everything stayed peaceful and calm. Since then we have moved away. I have been working in several nursing homes and have had a few experiencing mostly good but a few unnerving, which I will tell you in future stories.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, janny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Walter_R (1 stories) (81 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
Well that's the big thing now days for girls and slubber parties is to get out the ouija board.

Back in the 1960s and 70s we had a ouija board and we took ours and broke it apart and put it into the fire stove. After a short time the whole stove and pipe turned red and the ouija board was making a horrible yelling sound.

After that I would warn everyone not to play with a ouija board and I believe that's why I saw the black demon I saw twice years ago.

Take care,

Walter

❤ ❤
missourimomma (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-31)
vulcan10: While x-mas shopping this year, I was floored to see a pink version of ouija board for teen girls at Toys 'r' Us.
janny (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
I have no idea why my ex-sister-in-law gave me the board, especially when I had no interest in that area. I think she thought of it as just a game. My friend who suggested destroying the board, believed that evil spirits exists within the board. It took forever to destroy the board; it just did not want to burn. After pouring every flamable material possible on the board, it finally burned. It gave off a terrible smell, which lingered for 2 weeks after. My friend believed that grandma and maybe grandpa was protecting us; and the footsteps that stopped entering the second bedroom was because the board had been destroyed. I do not understand how a spirit good or evil can put thoughts or feelings into your head. I just know that whenever I get those thoughts or feelings; I have learned to pay close attention to them.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
My ex wife is a nurse and I'd like to hear the nursing home stories. Or read rather. It seems kind of weird to me that your friend would give you a ouija board if you didn't have a big interest in that area. I don't think, even though I come to this site occasionally, that it would enter my mind to give anyone a ouija board, nor would I expect anyone to give me one. I don't know that I've even ever been to a store that sells ouija boards and if they did I obviously didn't go to that section.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
i totally understand your husband when he says he knows its her from smells and feelings I feel excatly the same way when I can sense my grandma round me 😁 I'm sure it was his grandma looking over you ❤
bayouboy (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
I thought the same thing as you did, Hayle. I wonder how or if a spirit can put a specific thought into your head. I believe that devils can so I suppose a spirit can, too.
Hayle (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
maybe it was his grandma since it gave you a feeling that made you check on your daughter when she wasn't breathing...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: