You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Cat Call

Real Ghost Stories

Cat Call

 

My husband and I live in an apartment right now. The same apartment complex me, my mom and dad lived in when I was 3 [and I am 23]. So they're not brand new apartments. We have been living there for 5 months. Weird things started happening about a month ago. Just so you all know I am familiar with the paranormal. My parent's house, the one I grew up in, is haunted as well

This first thing was slight but I noticed. I am very aware of my cats and how they act and their different little quirks and the first odd thing involved my oldest cat Davey.

I get up early every morning, Monday through Friday, for work. So this particular morning wasn't very different, got up at 0430, took a shower, got dressed, and went into the living room to dry my hair (I don't like being in the steamy bathroom after my shower). Davey followed me into the living room to watch me dry my hair, as usual (it really interests her) and as I did so she watched for a few minutes and then I noticed her looking around me, behind me, at the wall. She was following something with her eyes, and the something was darting back and forth on the wall. She never does anything like this unless she spots a moth that happened to get in the house, so I looked behind me to see if that was what happened, and absolutely nothing was there. I looked back at her, slowly getting creeped out by her strange behavior, and the thing she was focused on seemed to be hovering around me then. That's all that happened but it scared me. I haven't had anything weird happen in our apartment and I was hoping nothing would start up.

A couple days later, I woke up again, 0430, showered and that day I was wearing a dress that came to my knees so I wore thigh highs underneath the dress, and was slipping them on (yes this is relevant to the story) and as I did so, someone or something whistled at me! I stood still as stone, shocked and surprised and scared. Now my husband gets up way later than me so it wasn't him, and there was no one else in the house. I have no idea who gave me the 'cat call' but it was very scary.

I will post more later. Hope I didn't bore you!

Thank you for reading.

-Meg

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, see27burn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-17)
Hi See27burn... A few of us are over at facebook if your interested, let me know and I'll send a request...

Aussie... ❤
DannyBruise (9 stories) (125 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-01)
see27burn

Cats are so hypersensitive. I have 4 cats. Sometimes when they get skittish, I pay attention. I love cats... But sometimes they will get crazy over a piece of floating lint or a bug we can't see. But if you pay very close attention, you will find that they see more than lint and bugs many times. I also have an old dog...Mable...sometimes I notice when my cats get skittish and many times my dog Mable's senses pick up.

I think that's why Ghost Hunters and other ghost searchers won't use cats or dogs... They don't have time to chase lint or a skittish dog.

But I always trust my cats and dogs.
I will always feel safe with them.
Wonder why...
But I do.
Interesting post.
Gotta read more...
kiezechxie (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-07)
as what other says! Animals can see what we can't see! That's what I believe I don't know! Its up to you if you believe me! My father said it to me and he has many experince about paranormals! Meg I really like your story its freaks me out:)) god bless

-kiezechxie_22
Scream (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-04)
see27burn,

Oooooooooh... Someone's lookin' good! This spirit must be harmless, or it could possibly have been someone looking through the window at those early hours? It's good to have cats or dogs around but they do add to the scare. Thanks for the story,

Scream
see27burn (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-30)
Right on Victoira!
My mom thinks that cats have an evil look in their eyes but my cats are the sweetest, somewhat mischevious, pets ever!

-meg
Victoira (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-30)
i like having nice cats around because they realyy have no evil in them. I have heard how when cats are around they tend to 'scare' the spirits. Cats are like my First love. I call them Spirit Protectors because they love you for you and not for what you look like
see27burn (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-30)
AUSSIEDAZ, That's crazy, but very creepy when that happens. Animals are amazing!

FAERIELIKE, Thank you so much! Things are going alright, right now!

Thanks for all the comments people!
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-29)
Hah hah hah! Very entertaining story! I understand what you mean about knowing your cats' quirks and it is very creepy when they look at something that is definately not there. Good luck in your new home! 😊
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-28)
Hello meg, No doubt cats and dogs can see spirits around us. Got to do with there constant subconscious state of mind which makes their physic reception most alert. I know my dog would strangely stare at the wall, On one occasion I'd ask the spirit to move around my room and my dog eyes followed in that direction.
Take care daz
see27burn (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-28)
Sorry it has taken me so long to respond to yalls comments.:/
CA_NJGirl- I have sought out some help from a friend I have met here on YGS. I don't know if I should make it public exactly what I am doing, but I have found out who is haunting me, and they are two demons that have been haunting me for quite sometime. At first they were haunting my parents house but I am led to believe that after I used a Oujia board about a year ago, they have followed me to my new apartment. Things are more quiet now, but I can feel they are still around me and now they are trying to show themselves to my husband. I will let you know if it gets worse, but I really feel things are getting better! Thank you.

TheLightBeforeDawn- lol it is a little funny when you think about it, but when you actually are in the situation, at the time it's not so funny.: (Hahaha, Can spirits, demons, ghosts, really think that humans are attractive? I get the feeling he is just messing with me. But like I said things are slowly getting better. Thank you for your comment!

Nguyetan13- Isn't it creepy?! I am sorry you had to experience that but isn't it fascinating to know our pets can actually SEE these spirits/ghosts/demons?!:/ Thank you!

Melony_sam- Unfortunaly I don't have a window in my bathroom. I tried to explain away the whistling to myself, but I just can't find any explaination.:/
melony_san (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-24)
😕 the last part, maybe some one was spying you from yhe window or something...
nguyetan13 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-23)
😭 hope you are not busy to read this but, the exact same thing happen to me!

Not the whistle but the cat staring at some thing around me and behind. The cat was following something with it's eyes.
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
That is fairly amusing. Startling, I agree but now that you think about it, does it make you laugh? I read this and was concerned, because I thought, sexual ghost? But now that I think about it, after analyzing it, making sure it was safe for you, it's kind of funny. Apparently your hot enough for a dead guy to think that you're hot? I think that that would be a compliment?

Anyway, best wishes and have a happy holiday season,
Goddess Bless,
TLBD.
CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
I'd bee interested to hear how you've dealt with the situation.
see27burn (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
😁 thank you for your comment, Pretty. It was very scary but I think I am getting things under control with the spirits now 😉
_pretty_ (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
...hey atleast they think your cute lol sorry couldn't help it... Thatz creepy the husband would so be waking up with me for now on 😁 😁 and it wasn't boring 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: