You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Sierra

Real Ghost Stories

Sierra

 

One day my Aunt Sierra went with me to the beach and said she was tired. "I cant wait to sleep on my pillow!" she said. My aunt was killed a week later. One morning, at 1:30, my cousin and I were talking about her passing away, then a folded, secure pillow case fell off a shelf. My cousin and I hid under the blanket, we knew it was her. I looked up first and when I did, I felt like something I cannot explain, some feeling of fear, or was it comfort? Anyway, I believe the pillow case had something to do with that pillow Sierra wanted... you decide.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

ashar123 (guest)
+2
9 years ago (2015-04-01)
Its not gravity. She's your aunt. You should join the site again if you are reading this. Here are many shared experiences like yours.
Walks_on_Clouds (2 stories) (18 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-01-21)
Graaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavity. 😁
RavenQueen626 (3 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-08-14)
I feel like she was trying to comfort you, and the pillow case dropping was her way of letting you and your cousin know that she was still with you guys. However the fear you felt was your flight or fight response kicking in.
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
I am guessing that it was both fear and comfort because she could have been scared to go into the light or scared that you wouldn't manage and as for the comfort she was probably saying don't worry about me or don't grieve me.
claireabella (2 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-10)
i think it would have been her if it was a pillow case that fell down since she wanted to sleep on the own pillow.
skystorm13 (12 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-05-27)
🤔 I'm not quit convinced it was a ghost yet... The pillow case could of fell from something else...
CountryGirl400 (17 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-11)
If you don't mind me asking, how did she die? And as long as your aunt was nice to you before she died and yall got along well before she died, there is no reason for you to be afraid or fear what happened. It's just her way of telling you she is in heaven and is alright and is laying on that pillow she wanted so badly to lay on. ❤
LifeCanBeRatedR (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2010-12-24)
😲 how did your aunt get killed? Did she get killed like murdered? Or was it some sort of accident?
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-09)
I kind of agree with Bellissima and lioncat, sometimes it seems like the straight forward unexplained things could possible be the most convincing phenomenon. I'm not even sure what a haunting is or would consist of to be a true haunting. Could it be interdimensional beings that were never us, or is that where we go after this, or is it fallen angels impersonating the dead to confuse us? It could be a million things, or it could have been an unstable pillow case that fell.
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-06-05)
Well,it might not have been your Aunt. It could have been that pillow case wasn't on the shelf all the way.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
was your aunt ever mean to you? Is this why you felt a sense of fear? Or was it just the fact that the pillow case fell from the shelf?
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
16 years ago (2007-11-25)
The only way that you would have really known it was her following the pillow conversation was showing you a pillowcase. I'm sure there were a variety of other ways to comfort you two, but this way she was confident that you would catch her meaning. Which, simply put, was that she is no longer tired. Just a thought. Thanks for the story.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
I think she just wanted to say her last good buys or just to tell you that she be watching you. 😐
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-09-04)
i think you can have that first intense brush of fear and then, later after beuing able to come to terms with what has happened, comfort can greet you.

i think your Aunt was trying for comfort. I had a similar happening like in my story
Visit From Dad.
Abby (710 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-07-28)
Dear Bellissima,
(Pardon my use of your page, hannah)

I agree with your comment. That was my point, exactly. That is why "I like" hannah's story, it shows how we need to pay more attention to the small details, things and stories, as much as we do to those larger ones. Sometimes, we pay so much attention to all the larger things and larger stories, we miss the real true ones, no matter what the size. We get so caught up in the sensationalism, we end up missing the whole point and truth.--Abby
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-07-27)
--Abby--
I totally agree with everything you just said! It seems like people don't give credit to a story unless it's filled with horrifying entities, blood curdling screams and the person fleeing their home in fright. That said, I've read some pretty terrifying stories that leave me with no doubt that they're true!
Abby (710 posts)
+2
17 years ago (2007-07-27)
Dear hannahbmarie101,

I like your story, thumbs up, as it is short, concise and to the point (very much unlike my own writings, the hypocrite that I am), but illustrates a larger, overall story. Your story and experience is a good example of a spirit haunting the living in a positive way. A way in which to communicate that they have passed, but at the same time, they are also alive in spirit, and wish you and your family to know this in subtle ways and by such simple events that all who experience them will think and know it is their beloved and loved one making contact with them through the veil of both worlds (seen/known and unseen/unknown).

Most hauntings are like this and are much less like over the top, movie blockbuster productions. They are more like the ups and downs of our mundane, everyday lives, touched in many subtle ways by rays of sunshine that give us hope for a new tomorrow and a knowing reminder that there is something more.--Abby
luvstories (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2007-02-04)
the feeling. . .it was fear, or was it comfort. Those are two feelings that don't usually get easily confused.
ratterrier68 (guest)
+2
17 years ago (2006-11-09)
I think she was just trying to tell you guys that she was here.....dose she still come around and haunt you?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: