You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Aunt's Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Aunt's Ghost?

 

In 2005, our family moved into a new house. My husband and I were excited about the move since we lived in an apartment with our 2 year old son. We were looking forward to having more space and a big yard to play in.

A few months after we moved in, we started having strange occurrences around the house. We would hear strange sounds under the floor, see things moving out of the corner of our eyes, and even have doors slam shut by themselves.

The scariest thing however, had to be our little boy's fear of the house. We would walk into the bedroom and he would be "talking" to the wall. Then he got to where he would not sleep in his crib. He would cry and say there was a "boo boo" in the room. Boo boo was his term for anything scary, as he started calling skeletons and other Halloween decorations that.

I was working at a local pharmacy and one of my co-workers mentioned that her uncle used to live in the house. She also mentioned that he was married to his first cousin, who was a hateful woman. They never had children as they both new that they would be handicapped due to their blood relation. She also said that her uncle died in the house. I don't know if he had anything to do with the haunting, but she said in life he was extremely kind and gentle.

We lived there for about 2 years. The final straw came when my husband, who is a police officer, came home from work and entered the house. When he opened the door, our front door (which we never used and kept locked) violently slammed shut. He ran our son down to the neighbors home and did a sweep of the house. There was nothing. Later that night I fell asleep on the couch and woke to find a woman standing at my feet. I jumped up and she vanished. The next morning I told my husband and we started house hunting. Before we could leave, he also saw the woman in the living room.

We left the house and never looked back! Our son is now 4 and we have had a daughter also, and thus far we have had no experiences. I prayed for God to bless the house and the spirits stuck in it. I hope we never go through that again!

Other hauntings by pharmgirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pharmgirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pharmgirl (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-31)
We think it was the aunt of a co-worker of mine. They lived in the house many years earlier. It was quite creepy...
faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-29)
Interesting story! It sounds to me like they really wanted to get your attention. I hope they have moved on! 😊
Do you think the lady was your aunt? I was just curious because of the title. 😕
pharmgirl (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-18)
I also just realized a mistake I made in my story, we moved in late 2006, not 2005, my mistake. I had my son's birthday on the brain, and he was born in 2005. Sorry:)
pharmgirl (3 stories) (10 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
Thanks for all the great comments! We were really freaked out. If it had just been my husband and me alone we could have better handled it, but we could not deal with our son being so scared. I don't think they were evil or vengeful, just curious. I was thinking of looking into more history of the house. I just don't want any souls stuck here when they could cross over. I think it's sad.
naveen9885 (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
Hey why don't you leave your kid there. Oho You hurted those 2 souls they may like your kid that's why they spoke to your kid. Just kidding
You had taken the right decission in right situation.

Thank you. I bless my god for your family. 🤔
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
thanks for sharing you made the right move, Hopefully bubs won't remember.
_pretty_ (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Omg...I bet that was the worst thing ever for you congrats on babygirl
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
Hard to say. They say if people were miserable in their alive years they will not be much different in their dead years. Sounds like she resented children because she couldn't have any of her own. It's actually leagal in 25 states to marry a first cousin but it has to create family problems all the way around. Glad all is well for your family now that you are out of that house.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: