You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My First Vision

Real Ghost Stories

My First Vision

 

My friend and I were talking a walk around the square, which is like a place with a bunch of little boutiques and shops in it. We passed an old antique store and I just had to go in. We were looking around at the dusty old things when I saw a little closet like room off to the side of the shop. I went in and saw a bunch of dresses. I dug around in the rack until I found one that caught my eye. I pulled the other dresses back so I could see it and I just stared. I had to have that dress. I felt a need to have it. From that point on, I thought about that dress a lot. I would go visit it a couple of times a week and just look at it hanging on the rack.

I called my Grandma and told her about the dress I liked so much. She ended up coming to town (where I live) a couple of weeks after I had told her about it, because she wanted to see what I was talking about. I showed her to the store and I took her straight to the room it was in. This time, instead of just pulling all of the dresses out of my way, I took it off of the rack so I could see it better. I hung it on in the front of the rack, took the dress in my hands and ran them down from the waist to about where the knees would be. I started to cry. I felt as if I had just seen a family member for the first time in years or something. The feeling was so amazing. My vision zeroed in on a particular tear in the fabric, the soft music in the shop faded to silence, and in my head or "mind's eye" as my Grandma calls it, for a few seconds I saw a beautiful girl with thick blond shoulder length hair. I couldn't really see her face, but I knew she was pretty. When the image was gone, the music came back and I felt as If was in reality again. I started to cry harder, holding the dress in my hands. I didn't want to let it go. For a moment I had forgotten about my Grandma for a second. She gently touched my arm and looked at me and asked if I needed time alone. I shook my head and slowly let go of the dress. I wiped my tears and looked at grandma and said "I love this dress". I had no idea what had happened. I felt so stupid for crying. My Grandma told me that in one way or another I was connected to the dress. I believe it, because the feeling I felt when I laid my hands on it was amazing.

I currently own the dress. It hangs in my closet most of the time. Sometimes I get it out and look at it, touch it. It's form the 1800's its dark gray with white lace around the color. I'm so glad I have it. When it was at the store, I kind of felt as if apart of me was missing.

Other hauntings by honey91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, honey91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
http://photobucket.com/ Hey Here some Link that You can register there and Hope that Work.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
Honey91 go to picturebuket or something and register there and you can put your picture there. Wow about that dress I love old dresss.
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
As you can see, I can't get the pictures sent in... Does anyone know how to do it?
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
Yes I totally agree! Also, I am very very grateful I have the dress now... And thank you for commenting! 😊 ❤ 's!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
Thank you for replying honey91.

I somehow knew this was going to be your answer and once again, I can relate to that! Maybe certain things are better left undone so I think it was a wise choice not to put the dress on. Besides from what I gather whoever wore that dress simply wanted to make their connection known to anyone who could sense them in any way possible. Letting you see and feel part of her life, even if that was as much as a brief image of herself is enough acknowledgent.

Again thank you!
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
The feelings the come with it by just touching the dress are overwhelming... I sometimes start to tear up and I can't see straight. I have been tempted, but I am afraid what feelings the dress would have in store for me it I put it on. Also, its very old, I would hate to rip it or something. But I have been tempted!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
Very interesting experience! It sounds like you don't question that feeling of connection to the dress at all or the mental picture of the young girl wearing it... Don't misunderstand my saying so. I don't doubt you, I'm simply making an observation-one I dare say I can relate to.

I read about how you stand there looking at the dress, touching its fabric, being overwhelmed by the emotions it provokes. Have you ever tried to put on the dress? I am wondering if you feel tempted.
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
Oh yes. I wrote about two. This one and "My second Vision" and I'm submitting another possible vision. But I need some help with the one I'm submitting. I think it is a vision but nothing was confirmed... So I second guess it. I don't know... It sure felt like one!
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
Hello honey 91, Enjoyed your story I agree with your grandma, There is a connection between you and that dress, Glad you bought it, Have you had any other visions? You do indeed seem to have a gift, Take care.
Aussiedaz.
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
Yes I'm very happy I found it! I'm not having any luck on the picture thing. Since we currently can't submit anything, maybe that's why I can't send the pictures. I'm going to keep trying! Lol ❤
Heigne (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
That dress was probably connected to a past life. It was definitely fate that drew you into the antique store that day~ ^^
Maybe the feeling when you touch the dress is nostalgia? Strange but good ^o^
I'm happy for you that you found the dress:]
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
I took pictures of my dress today. I e-mailed them to this site so they should be up soon I guess? I have never submitted pictures before so I hope it works out smoothly.

It was very difficult taking the pictures. I had to step away and take a lot of deep breaths to regain my composure. At one point in time, every time I touched it to move it into better lighting, it gave me a bone chilling cold chill and tears would well up in my eyes. I really do like this dress, its just the feelings that come with it are soooooo weird... But in a good way? I can't explain. Anyways. I hope you can see the pictures!

Enjoy! ❤
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed the story! Ill figure out how to maybe put a pic on here or something. Lol I'm not too good with computers lol ill try.

And yeah I think its awesome I found it. I love it so much!
Tirada (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
Thank you for sharing your story... If you did have a connection to the dress in the past life, how amazing that you were in the right place, in the right time, for it to find you again. I would love to see a picture of the said dress
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-06)
sounds like you're having a bit of past life regression. Your inner conscience (sub) has a memory of being in a similiar dress in a past life time. I have come to accept that the human spirit comes back in physical form to learn and experience, as knowledge brings us closer to God-- and as immortal spirits... Our one desire is to become God-like. Be thankful that God has given you a glimpse of immortality... A sign that we do indeed survive death.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: