You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Invisible Nightmare

Real Ghost Stories

My Invisible Nightmare

 

My story actually started a few years ago, but we didn't connect it to anything like a ghost. It was little thing's, like the back door opening, and shutting. We heard something with toenails going up the stairs. Then, late last year, about mid December, I started hearing knocking on my bedroom door. I also heard stomping of boots, to my door. My friends heard it too. I heard knocking by my head, while in the shower. My guy friend, heard steps behind him, as he went down the stairs. It always came at around 2am, 430am, 530 am, now; it is getting later, like 7am.

Today at around 9 I was laying there with the pillow over my face, thinking what I needed to do today, and I heard footsteps, that sounded like heavy boots, come into my room, with the door locked, and I felt this pressure, on my face, and upper torso, as if someone was lying on top of me. The spirit, said my name, through teeth that seemed clenched, or jaws, that seemed locked, it said in a deep voice my name. Does this seem aggressive to ya'll?

The night before last, it sat on my mom's bed, and when my dad came in to get in bed, and was pulling off his shirt, it thumped him in the chest. I'm honestly scared and I don't know what to do.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, meaghen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-22)
May I suggest that you locate a cleansed earthen bowl (or pottery. To cleanse it, simply rinse with water and salts), place a handful of dirt from your yard in it. Top it with a bit of salt and a few drops of water, then mix it up. Place the bowl in an out of the way place so that it will not be disturbed.
This is said (and I have used it. It worked) to rid a space of negative energies.
Wa-do
meaghen (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-15)
2/15/10 at 2:30am I heard footsteps coming up to my room from the second floor, my parents were asleep down stairs and I was trying to sleep, then I heard the stomp stomp stomp stomp. It came up the stairs slowly and loud... And I sat up and turned on the lights to my room and went to the door. I heard it outside my door stomping around on the hardwood floor. I opened up the door and ran for it. The foot steps sound like someone wearing heavy boots. 😭
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-24)
When your Dad built the house, did he use contractors? If he did, did they report unearthing anything "unusual"? Did your DAD unearth anything to cause you to believe that it MAY have been a burial ground?
There are many Registered Burial Mound sites in Texas. I have no clue which one of those, if any, you are nearby, but it might be worth checking into.
Caddoan Mounds, Hale Mound Site, Komatia Mounds Archeological District, Tilson Mounds--Summerhill Lake Place, Old Fort Neches, and Westerman Mound are a few.
This is NOT a complete list of burial sites in Texas by any means. They are only the ones what have been registered with the word "mound" in them. In East Texas, (for example) the majority of the mounds were created by the Caddo people, but there were three types: temple, platform and burial. It seems to be a common thought these days (however uninformed that might be) that mounds are the type of burial land that harbors haunts.
It is my own personal thought that Indian Burial Grounds are no more sacred and holy than a non-Native burial ground, and DO NOT mandate retribution of those interred if disturbed. Neither is the idea that IF a home had been built upon one it would undoubtedly be haunted.
No more so than a non-Natives.
The land MAY be more protected, and revered as to the belief system OF The People, but it holds no more danger because of what race is there.

May I suggest that you locate a cleansed earthen bowl (or pottery. To cleanse it, simply rinse with water and salts), place a handful of dirt from your yard in it. Top it with a bit of salt and a few drops of water, then mix it up. Place the bowl in an out of the way place so that it will not be disturbed.
This is said (and I have used it. It worked) to rid a space of negative energies.
Thank you.
meaghen (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
My dad actually built this house himself, so no one else has ever lived here, but us. We have heard, the land used to be an indian burial ground?/ or something, and don't know if that is true or not. I think it is very weird that after living here 7 years, it is only in the last 3 or so, that anything has started to happen. It seems to be much more active, when I am home, than anyone else. My mom rearely hears anything, just the back door opening and shutting, as if someone came in, or sometimes she will hear "mom!", but I am not at home. When I slept at a friends, she, and my dad slept upstairs, she in my bed, my dad on the floor by the door. She woke up at 2am after feeling like she had been smothered by something as large as an anaconda, she could not call out my dads name, or hardly breathe. She lept out of bed, gasping for air, and had to go downstairs, to get fresh air, and drink some milk. My dad heard the knocking at about 230 that night, he said it sounded human, like someone was just outside the bedroom door, knocking to come in. After all that, it went away, for about two weeks, it's back now,tho. It hasn't been
As agressive, as when it tried to smother me, mostly it just knocks on doors, and walls.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-22)
Hello Meaghen;
Boy. Sounds like you have a persistent one there, do you not?
I tell you the truth, it really does not seem aggressive to me, and here is why. Some ghosts go a long time trying to get the attention of someone.
Anyone.
And here you have an entire group of persons who are able to notice it is around. I am not saying it is unheard of for so many people to be witness to such acts, but I am saying that it is a mite uncommon.
These ghost hunter shows that you see on the telly? Those just seem to be the "exception". I have my own personal view on all of that, but really, I am not here to talk about them.
With you all having put the house there, there IS the possibility that there is something tainting the land. There is also the possibility that this is a wandering ghost. One that just travels around. Another possibility is that there may be something attached to something inanimate in the home, or attached to something used in the BUILDING of the home.
Would you be comfortable enough to vaguely mention any historic landmarks that may be in close proximity to the home? Is it in a subdivision? Out in the middle of nowhere? Just how close IS your nearest neighbor (house, shop, store, what ever your neighbor MAY be)?
Thank you.
meaghen (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Last night I was in the bath and I was trying to relax upstairs, and it knocked from my room into the bathroom. I knocked back to show that I wasn't scared and then it knocked again twice! "I really was though."

It's more scary when you are vunerable in the bath then if you are just in a room. I wonder how long this ghost has been on our land, and if it thinks we are invading his space! 😲
meaghen (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Thank you all for your comments, we actually built the house so no one lived here before I did. Maybe the land is haunted?
Denni (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
Oi maybe someone died in that exact house in that exact room! You said that you had a pillow over your head right? Maybe the person who died got suffocated?
Anyhow don't worry! 😜
cristine1969 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
Hi to you in Texas. I read your story and you need to know that this is a very common occurence with the paranormal. There is nothing to be really afraid over. The ghost or ghosts are just letting you know that they are there. They want to communicate somehow, and that is the way that they do it. When your father was poked in the chest, that is not necessarily an act of agression. The ghost could be short, small in stature, a child, perhaps. If you are feeling scared, what you do is tell the ghost that "You are scaring me. I want you to stop doing that." It is that simple.

I have spoken with quite a few Texans and they have stories of the paranormal. The state of TX runs rampant with ghosts because of the Civil War and much of the history of TX.
In the future, do not get yourself so worked up over this and what unknowledgable people say.
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
You should stay calm. Remember that this entity was there before you were and he might just be upset about it.

Goddess Bless.
TLBD ❤
amy111 (19 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
😨 that's mean to do I said that ghost isn't fair! You should so something! Try to stay away and be calm don't scream!
Panda06 (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
I say fack it, go learn some chants from somewhere and get rid of it. Or rule number 2 move the hell out... 😕
michellelovesghosts (5 stories) (50 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
sounds like an HONERY ghost! Maybe he was some mean cowboy that used to live there and doesn't like you being in "his" house? Yikes! 😕
Kyliecoleen (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
Or the ghost or whatever it is. Wants you or something or wants to control you and hurt the people that you love like a demon.
Silverheart (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
Did you think about looking up who lived in your house before you moved in? Does this happen to you in other places or just in your home? Make sure to document everything date time and place. Post it up for me and I can help you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: