You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Brookfield Woods

Real Ghost Stories

Brookfield Woods

 

In Brookfield, IL, things out of the ordinary are continuing to go on in the woods. Apparently, Native Americans used to settle there back in the 1300's. Well, I myself witnessed the first Orb sighting in my entire life, on Monday, April 23rd, 2007 at 10:00 p.m. We were in the woods for over an hour and I listened to one of the three other people there telling us about past experiences. One odd thing that happened was in the river that runs by the path, the water burst loudly like a large fish that jumped up and back in the water. The river was still before that and no trees had branches big enough to make a large burst like that. Also, one friend of mine was with a bunch of people when he felt "a baseball bat hit" in his back. He fell to his knees and the rest of them had to carry him out. There was no sight of an animal because they didn't hear anything or see it. Plus, he was in the middle of the group at the time and no one obviously would hit him so hard he couldn't walk by himself. Then another weird thing was occurring frequently. My friends and other people we don't know have seen actual orbs with a camera and with their own eyes. Some were red colored, blue, and a dark fuzzy cloud-like figure. It would stay as long as a minute and then disappear quickly. This happened too many times.

Well, this was all talk to me until I saw it that night. We were walking out of the woods and two of our friends saw an Orb, dark color, and it disappeared. As we left, we turned back and watched all dark areas closely. After two minutes, I saw a blue circular Orb that stood there for 3 seconds and then left. I wasn't joking. I was stunned by what I saw. I didn't look at any lights before. I seriously stared at the darkness and it popped up. Then, we saw two more areas along the trees where a cloudy-like image would float and then move away. I really never believed in spirits rising or ghosts until I saw these moments.

No one took drugs and we have brains not to be lying and trying to make publicity out of this. It happens too many times for it to be false. We still are pursuing adventures out there to see what is happening. In conclusion, I speak with 100% truth of what I saw and I will believe in it forever.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tom, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Forevergeo (1 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-11-27)
Has anyone else seen or felt anything "paranormal" around brookfield? Me and another person think we found a haunted house in brookfield.
Arwen1957 (7 stories) (47 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-20)
Most likely far to late posting on this story I have heard strange stories of the forest preserves around Brookfield Zoo Most of them concerning phantom animals of all kinds as well as phantom animal noises. I have heard stories of hearing hooved animals running, roars, trumpting, screeching bellowing and odd bird calls. Some have claimed to see among other animals Elephants, Zebras, apes, lions. Tigers, and of all things a walrus. Just wonder if anyone has also heard or read of this happening
LillyPieLindsay (35 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-11)
Someone did make a good point regarding St. Elmos Fire - that was long thought to be a supernatural process until they realized what meteorological / temperate issues were causing it. I'm curious what the conditions were like at the time (which we will never know, unless they can figure out what the water temperature was at that specific date/time!)

There are also other similar natural phenomena that can cause the appearance of orbs - not that it *couldn't* have been what the OP was saying and if so many people truly have felt things there anything is possible - but just wanted to mention it also could be something of natural origin.

There's a third option here, too - that it could be a natural phenomena AND also a metaphysical one. In my views one doesn't always negate the other one, perhaps St. Elmos Fire and other such conditions simply allow the veil between us to be broken and easier for us to see things.

As I once read in a very Americanized interpretation of a Buddhist text, "science does not negate God. Science is the HANDS of "God" & he uses it to do his bidding just as our hands are there to help us do our bidding."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Elmo's_fire
bamitzmimi (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-29)
How weird... I live a few blocks from those woods. And I've been to that spot, with the run down railroad tracks and bridge... I never thought anything of the feelings I got there. I discovered it when I was little, and it always had this... Feeling that brought me back. It's just so weird that other people had experiences there and it's not just me... But my experience around there was more unusual, not scary. I had gotten really close to a female deer, nearly touching it... Then it walked away. The feelings I get in that spot of the forest aren't weird. It's more of a comforting feeling... The day I found that place I spent at least 4 hours just sitting on the bridge staring into the river. Wow... It kind of makes me emotional just sitting here typing this out. Good to know I'm not the only one.
miso_curious (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-21)
I'm from Illinois originally as well, and I remember reading about there being a haunted area near Brookfield zoo, that there was a horrible train accident a long time ago. There were many animal as well as human casualties. Perhaps these were the entities that you were experiencing?

...Crazy about the orbs too, I've only caught them in pictures, never seen them in person.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-17)
that was a wonderful story, very gripping.
do you have any photos? I would love to see them. I know people often ask me that after incidents happen, but I am not 'hunting' so I usually do not have a camera near by.

God Bless!
Erin (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-30)
Just a thought it might be related to St. Elmos Fire. A phenominon that occurs frequently around the lakes in Canada.
HermioneMorris (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-28)
If that happened to me I wouldn't be looking back I would be running.:) I id meet a ghost but I made freinds with her, shes the only ghost I would trust. I wrote a story to but I can't remamber what the title is.
Tom -story creator (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
I will try to post some pics because just a few nights ago, three of my buds took a photo in thin air in those woods and a face appeared on the phone pic. If you think about squidward's house on spongebob, that was the dark face that appeared on the phone. That was creepy.
JW (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
I do believe this happened to you, your friend and the other people you do not know. It is a great thing to be happening, and to have more people finally waking up to this awesome phenomena of orbs, ghosts and hauntings. Sometimes it takes their wind to be knocked out of them to get them to take notice of anything whether in this reality or the unknown one right next door. Happy Ghost Hunting. Keep this cast of characters posted. Get some photos or video.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: