You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: It All Started With My Nemo

Real Ghost Stories

It All Started With My Nemo

 

My "Nemo" or who I used to call her "memo" was like another Grandmother figure in my life. We were very close. My Grandma on my dad's side told me that when I was a baby, Nemo would hold me close to her with our foreheads together and we would giggle simultaneously. She would giggle, then me, then together. My Grandma also told me that she would have dreams about me (when I was age 3) when I was still in my mothers womb. When I was born, she had already seen me. When I turned 2 or 3 years old, I looked exactly as the little girl she dreamed about. So yeah... We have a strong connection.

My Nemo passed away when I was about 7 or 8 years old, I remember my mom answering the phone in the middle if the night, and it waking me up. We used to live in a small one bedroom house, so I just walked over to mom's bed. She was crying. She told me that Nemo went to Heaven, and that she was an angel now. I cried all night and didn't go to school for a couple of days, my best friend had died of cancer.

This is when I started seeing ghosts. I would see my Nemo standing there, I would just stare at her. The feeling of comfort and love surrounded me. She visited quite often, when my mom and I would get into an argument or something, plates would fall and crash on the kitchen floor and when we went to see the mess, nothing was to be found. When I was alone and upset, I would feel a scene of warmth and comfort, like a big hug, and immediately I would stop crying.

We moved out of that house years ago, since then, I don't see or hear my Nemo anymore. The last time I saw her is when I was staying at my other Grandmas house and as I brought my weeks worth of clothes in the door, I looked in the hall and I saw my Nemo. Plaid shirt, greased up jeans, base ball cap, tooth pick and all. She was walking to the room my grandma made for me to stay in. I welled up because I had missed her so much and I saw her for the first time in years.

I love my Nemo so much. I wonder if she gave me the gift I have since it started after she had passed away... Or if it runs in the family. My Grandma on Dad's side, my Dad and Uncle have all had experiences, and some extreme. I don't know, but I'm grateful I have this ability of seeing spirits and whatnot. And I wish I could see my grandma, or at least feel her loving presents again.

Other hauntings by honey91

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, honey91, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jennifer314 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
This is a lovely story and I do believe like Heigne said that once she died you opened up your mind to new things.

❤ Jen ❤
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
😳 thanks. I do miss her reeeeally bad. And I am glad you liked it 😊 Thanks for the coment
SmartBoy6198 (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
thx for sharing the story by the way I have a lot of sympathy for you

SmartBoy6198
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
Lovely story honey 91, from the heart could do with a few more like it,
God bless.

Aussiedaz.
Heigne (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
I'm so glad you got to see your Nemo again ❤
That was a great story. I think that after your Nemo died you opened up more to the spiritual world and your gift came into light ^^ Things like that often happen when you lose someone you love.
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
lol yes I called that Grandma Nemo.

And I'm glad you enjoyed my story 😊

❤ ❤
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-08)
yeah honey91 If you want to see her or talk with her try using your gift try calling her that gift is almost aways more then just seeing. I asked my grandad how he died and the answer was
100% right so maybe you could talk to your grandma.

Good luck
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
Honey 91 I thought you called your grandma nemo. But you no what I'm sayn.
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
To honey 91 I still have all four of my grandparents, and there all in what I call there twlight years. I love them so much I think your nemo will always be with. I no I will always be with my nemos. One love
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
honey 91, I find your story very interesting... I like stories that are from the heart that prove that love never dies... I don't know if your Nemo gave you the gift, or you had it all along... Just treasure it... This is one of my favorites! 😉
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-07)
I know this story isn't very interesting, but I just wanted you all to know when it all started.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it a little bit 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: