You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Cat Demon?

Real Ghost Stories

Cat Demon?

 

I leave for work at 4:30am. My husband and daughter are always still sleeping. We live in a one bedroom apartment. Our daughter gets the room and we have a futon in the living room.

At six o'clock the other morning my husband was woken to something holding him down to the point he could not move at all and could not talk. He tried to yell "help" suddenly it went away, but not quietly. He said there was a very loud, deep "whooshing" sound. He said it felt as though something was holding him down, checking him out. Not 2 minutes after that our 2 year old started screaming. When he asked her what was wrong she said she didn't know!

We got a cat about 2 weeks ago. This cat just walked right into our home and seeings as we had wanted a pet we decided to keep her. The cat was sitting next to our daughter's bed just staring at her. Our daughter's lip was bleeding. I guess the cat had scratched her for some reason. That's happened before, but never while she was sleeping.

My brother in law came over that night and we were talking about my Husbands experience. He said it's common for demons to possess animals, especially cats, because cats defend themselves. Maybe my husband's subconscious was using that to wake him up. Or maybe the cat was on our daughter and he was feeling what she was feeling. Or that maybe it was a demon searching for someone.

I don't know. But I do know that I'm now scared in my own home. If there is evil I want it to go away. What can I do? What does this sound like, Am I crazy? I want to protect my child.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jgresser89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pandora_PDX (23 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-11-10)
So do you normally just steal other peoples pets that are lost? As someone who has both lost and found wandering animals, it would never occur to me to just steal a random cat that walked into my house without really trying to find their owner. That's really sad that somebody would just take it upon themselves to basically steal somebody else's beloved pet, because they "wanted one and were thinking about getting one as well".
I lost the most amazing cat about a year and a half ago, and I guarantee you somebody stole him when they found him because he was wonderful. Instead of doing the right thing. So it kind of ticks me off reading this.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-06-07)
(Sorry, have to do this... Older story... No comments for 2 years... Yeah I gotta do it...)

Leafpool,

EVERYONE IS LYING?!? Oh my gosh what shall we do? Individuals have shared 'made up' stories just to comfort the O/P of this experience and just because YOU had a bad experience with a displaced cat ALL cats must be demons.

Let me ask a couple of questions concerning this 'cat' and other portions of your experience.

How far did she ride in the cars engine compartment?

Mom or Step Mom?

Just what kind of 'demonic noise' did the cat make AND how does your Mother know what kind of sounds a 'demon' makes?

After being thrown outside the cat hung around... Even followed you to school, so it must have been demonic... (or looking for someone to return it HOME)

Then you were so scared you asked GOD for help and this cat got run over... Must have been GOD protecting you, which just proves it was a demon. It cound not have been because this poor cat was in a strange area getting run over by a strange car on a strage street.

As far as the 'cat bitting your lip' goes... Did your Mother take you to be checked for rabies... Or any other possible illnesses becasue of this 'demon cat'? This sounds as if it was more of a 'nip' trying to get your attention... More than likely trying to say...'Take me Home'.

YEP it is summer vacation... I have no doubt that this poor cat did these things... NOT becasue it was a demon BUT becasue it wanted to go HOME. Oh... One more thing... PUNCTUATION is helpful when relating an experience or offering advice.

Respectfully,

Rook
leafpool171 (1 posts)
-4
9 years ago (2015-06-07)
Everyone is lying I have the same problem I had a cat named leaf she will always follow me and meow not in a scared way though so my step mother told me that when I was asleep the cat got on me and started biting my lip am the youngest in the house hold am 14 my Bros are 17 and 15 OK so how did I meet the cat you ask it seemed into my mom's motor and from San Antonio to where I live and so I kept it be I really wanted a pet but my step mom also said the cat made a demonic noise while when it was climbing back on my bed by she threw it on the floor then she threw it outside my room the next day she told me what happened and we threw the cat outside to the front yard it didn't leave and we barely had it for 2 days! OK it stayed at the window and followed me to school once! So later on I asked God to help me because I was terrified and then the next day the cat got runner over but the cat haunts me now at night I hear a meow it suddenly got cold in the room where I am am OK though I hope this helps through the cat out and ask God for help if it doesn't leave!
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-06-07)
I live in oregon too I do not know if anything paranormal happened to me it but one scared me back in july of 2004 I was at south eugene my dad says it was automatic toilets I swear I heard a toilet flush by itself I was the only one in there so if anyone knows about robert grankie I think that's it spelled does he flush toilets at south eugene it scared me?
liza316 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
I have 5 cats. My oldest kitty, Mama, the mother of the others, often sleeps with us all night. I have had SP with demonic manifestations for years, and Mama, when she is in the bed, wakes me up every time, at 4am, the time they always visit me. She meows loudly, but not like she is frightened, until I awaken, and I see her staring at the ceiling. Once I awaken, she goes back to sleep. She is my spirit alarm-lol! I did awaken once many years ago with a cat I had at that time hissing and growling at "something." If there was a spirit/demon in your apartment, it may have gone into the room with your daughter, and the cat may have been swatting at it, not her. Cats can see things in the spirit world that we normally can't. Just a thought.
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
I don't think your cat is the problem. They're highly sensitive to ghosts and was probly protecting your child from something not so good. I'm not a cat owner but am a dog owner. My dog Kisa is very protective of me and will even attack my parents if they get too close. There are times I hear her see her stare at something I can't or back away from an an area in the house. She even growled at something and looked ready to run but instead curled up with me when I called out to her.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-27)
Hello My cat is same way She also has the nick name "Cat from Hell" My mother's idea and she always mean and she does scratch or bite me also bruise me but she not bad and yes she does Protect me every day of my life. She would hiss at anyone who near me. So I am sure your cat is doing the same things for your daughter.
Jgresser89 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
Thanks I appreciate all your comments! So nothing like that has happened again, but I've noticed when my daughter is in the bath our kitty doesn't leave the bathroom, no matter how much she gets wet, and I think maybe you guys are right that she is a protecter, she is also a wild one too. Thank You so much!
fairylady0385 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
The first impression I got when reading this was that the cat was protecting your daughter. Maybe whatever was holding your husband down went for her next and the cat tried to attack IT but ended up swatting your daughter instead. I have a cat as well. A solid black cat at that. He sleeps curled up beside my son every night. I swear its like he is guarding him! He is the sweetest cat in the world. My son (who is 3) drags him around by his tail and pulls his ears and he just takes it. He has never tried to bite him or scratch him. But one time I went into my son's room to adjust his covers and I startled the cat and he bit ME. He was protecting my baby.
Yurei (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
Personally I find cats are the least likely to be possesed by shosts. In fact I think my cats scared away a ghost that tried to intrude my home one night. Check my story, CATS.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
Or your husband could have experienced a bit of sleep paralysis. If this were me, I would try to eliminate the possibilities in THIS realm before jumping straight into the demon versus ghostly phenomena.
I really do not think the cat is a "carrier", so to speak. It might be a bit on the wild side, and perhaps IN that may have scratched your little one. But I really do not think it is a demon cat.
Thank you.
Blackrose1985 (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
I am with Spockie. I have cat's of my own, and yes they do defend themselves but are also the protecters of souls. I don't see where the cat is the problem, my two protect my husband and me at nights as if guardian angels. Might be a demon trying to find someone.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
As an owner of many cats, I can just about tell you for certain the cat is not to blame and is not possessed.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
bigC, would you get rid of your child just in case they could be possessed? Getting rid of the cat is clearly not the answer.
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
will I would start with getting rid of that cat just in case
Good luck
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
Hello and thank you for sharing your story. I don't think you're crazy, but I personally don't believe in demons. I think maybe you just have a wily kitty on your hands. Your husband may want to consult a physician and find out if he could have a sleep disorder before you both prepare for the worst. Stress, physical problems, just about anything can bring on those "wake up in a panic" situations that make you feel as though you're being held down. It's pretty common.

Please keep us updated. May your family be safe and healthy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: