You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: While I Was Pregnant

Real Ghost Stories

While I Was Pregnant

 

When I was 6 months along in my pregnancy my husband and I moved into a new 2 bedroom 2 bath apartment. No one had lived in this apartment before we moved in. I've tried to get the history of the property but no luck so far. I remember it just being an open field when I went to the elementary school across the street a few years ago.

Well my husband was working out of town at the time, so I only saw him on weekends. I'm afraid of the dark but I was used to being in an empty house for a few months already, I just made sure everything was locked before going to bed.

I went to bed on a Wednesday, and while I was dreaming I saw my mom with a big clear trash bag, but the sound of the bag sounded so clear like it was coming from my kitchen. So I opened my eyes quickly to focus on where the noise was coming from. And when I did I thought I saw my husband (work clothes on + a hat) going into our closet. I was going to ask him what he was doing home but I seemed to be frozen, I couldn't move or talk. I saw the "guy" walk into the closet so I quickly shut my eyes, that's all I could do.

It wasn't my husband, the door was locked from inside and he was miles away. From then on I made sure the closet door is closed.

What was it?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JJzMommy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JJzMommy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-07)
Back again to this story sorry; kind of an update we've moved into a house and I feel a little more comfortable here rather than the apartment. (I miss it though) but my friend just came by a while ago and said that her boyfriend tells her their bathroom is haunted and he sees shadows. My husband then said that he didn't like closing his eyes while taking a shower bc he was scared to see something, I didn't know that until today. Weird thing was that I also didn't like closing my eyes while taking a shower, I would litterly close one eye while rinsing my hair and switch eyes. (I still don't like closing my eyes) and my friend said that her boyfriend does the same thing. And she also said that the bathroom is where they would start arguing. My husband and I would start arguing in the bathrooms as well. (Sorry I didn't write a pt. 2 to this, I'm writting from my phone and I can't post stories just comments) what kind of shadows would cause such a negative effect?
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
That sounds to me like the invisible but wonderful "mommy" sense.:) I don't have any children of my own yet, but I spent a great deal of time raising and taking care of small children and I experienced something similar. I would be napping and I would wake up only minutes before something happened and they would need my attention.
JJzMommy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
Wow I have read some stories on here on doppelgangers, crazy. I didn't consider that.
I woke up, wasn't dreaming anymore.
And now that I'm not pregnant, when I hear things I automatically get up to listen better, but sometimes I feel like something wakes me. Especially like 2 minutes before my daughter wakes up.
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
So you opened your eyes in your dream right or am I mixing myself up
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
JJzMommy: Thank you for your story. It doesn't matter if you and your husband were the first people to live in your apartment. It can still be creepy and haunted too!

Have you ever heard the term Doppelganger or double walker? It is a shadow self image of a person who can be in one place while the person's physical body is in another. This is a theory. Maybe your husband had you on his mind and in his thoughts which I'm sure he did, having to leave you by yourself and be that many miles away from you, that he created this doppelganger that bilocated and came back into your apartment where you were to check on you and make sure you were alright. It doesn't sound as though it frightened you in any way. The other theory is that you might have just been dreaming it too.
JJzMommy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
No, I told him about it and all he said was"that maybe someone died during construction" we live on the 3rd floor.
tiger21 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
Maybe your husband was spiritually projecting, has he ever said anything about anything like this?
JJzMommy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
I think it may be the closet. Its a walk-in closet, but it has the breaker box, and phone/cable connections in it. When my daughter was born she would stare into the closet when it was open. And maybe the neighbors do experience something as well but don't say anything.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
That's odd... Possibly just a residual haunting of your husband going to the closet to get something out of it?
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
hmm maybe the land its self is haunted that would explain why all your neighbors keep leaving.
JJzMommy (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
Thing is that we were the first ones to live in this appartment, we moved in about 6 months after they finished building them. And our next door neighbors never last, we've had about 2 or 3 different families live there within a year. They just get up and leave (breaking their lease and everything) were required to sign a one year lease.
leeebling (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-12)
Wow short but creepy story. Who knows what it was. Think you're the best one to try and find that out. Maybe you should try asking your neighbours who lived there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: