You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Fast Shadow On A Well Lit Street

Real Ghost Stories

A Fast Shadow On A Well Lit Street

 

Location: In Caboolture, QLD Australia.

I often walk around my local neighborhood late at night. I generally enjoy walking at night just because it's heaps cooler than during the day and also because there's no-one around I just feel like I can wander about and think. I normally go out for my late night walks at about 10pm to 12 midnight and sometimes I don't come home until 4 in the morning. This one night I had left earlier. I was angry or sad about something or other but I can't remember. It wasn't anything serious I am sure it was just something that had happened during the day.

In any case when I was walking I started getting a feeling like I wasn't safe. I was constantly looking over my shoulder and expecting to see something and I was walking fast and concentrating on my surroundings. As I said before I generally like to relax and enjoy myself so this was a bit of a let down. However I had about a year and a half ago previously had a run in with some wannabe gangsters in a park in Morayfield. I started thinking I was feeling like this because I could sense that someone was around or something. Eventually I just realized I was being paranoid and I tried to put it out of mind.

After this I realized that no matter what the rest of the night I would be thinking about it and I wouldn't be able to just relax and think about anything else so I headed home. By this time it was only about 10:30pm so it was still very early by my standard walks. I started walking home and I was very nearly home. I was on a long street. On the left was the small street that had my house nearly directly at the end of it. I turned left and started walking. When I was about 30 meters down this street I got the feeling that I wasn't safe again and I glanced back over my shoulder.

I saw a pitch black shadow fly across the street, going from the direction I had come from and continue down the street instead of turning left. Now this street isn't a dark street. It is well lit with many lights on the direction I came from. If I kept going toward down the street I would have been in a patch of shadow because straight ahead if I don't turn there is a run of about 50 meters without streetlights. This shadow moved from the light side of the street towards the dark unbelievably quick. It was about 3 feet high and it seemed like it was a few feet above the ground. It didn't really have a shape it was just a black shadow and as I said it moved fast as hell.

At first I was a little relieved because I knew it wasn't some gangster person waiting to beat the shiat out of me and then I started thinking that if it can move that fast I can't out run it. I started walking a lot quicker and made it home without incident. It wasn't a dark night, there wasn't any cloud cover and I was on a well lit street. I am normally a skeptic for these types of things and I never really believed we could see ghosts or spirits or anything but I must admit that I can't explain this and it freaked me out a bit. What I also find strange is that while I was scared I was also slightly calm, like I wasn't worrying.

I suppose that could have just been the craziness of the moment but in any case I'd love to hear from anyone who has ideas on what it could have been or if they've had anything similar.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tarnat, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LochKalten (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-02)
Good morning Tarnat
I used to do a lot of paranormal investigation in Caboolture, primarily at the Historical village. I personally have experienced a fair amount of activity there. May I ask what street you were walking along?
Cheers Muchly

Loch
Bilz (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-17)
Read my story "the black shadow" describes exactly what you saw. Near the ground. VERY FAST LIKE THE SPEED OF LIGHT. - will never forget it. Must be a qld thing.
elvisrockin (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-16)
You seen nothing but the shadow of a Bird fly by and it would have gone anywhere... It looked 3 feet bigger than a bird maybe be because of the light... Objects may look bigger depending on how the rays of light fall upon it... And just to protect urself from spirits you can have a lodestone or some myrrh or drink some bay leaf tea before goin out in dark or lonely places so spirits can't create a negative affect on you as you said you were not feeling well and lookin over your shoulders. Just a Suggestion buddy...😊 😊
Flakjacket (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
From what I have seen personally of these, and have heard from other people:

- They are not usually aggressive, but more of a curious type of supernatural creature.

- They can induce sleep paralysis. I had this happen to a close friend of mine a few times. He said it seemed like the shadow was draining his energy, but he never attacked my friend, just sat there and watched him. Assuming they need to feed off energy.

There is a lot of debate among paranormal websites and forums for what these are and what their purpose is, but I don't think they are inherently evil.
bigC (4 stories) (80 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
sounds like its just a wondering shadow person and saw you.

But yeah as if the MOVING shadow wasn't bad enough then you see that they are impossible fast almost like teleporting so you can't even try to run but I wouldn't worry about it
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
Tarnat--It doesn't seem to me when the mind/body gives an alert of danger that it's at all paranoid if the source or cause is not instantly seen. Your 6th or 7th sense was picking up something, as it sure enough proved.
Calm is good since it keeps presence of mind, but the way these sons-of-shadows can move so quick scares the whiz outta me. That's the part I hate the most.
Too little data, though, to even suggest a useful "interpretation" but keep the faith, and enough MAY be revealed in time. ~ James
Tarnat (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
I looked up Shadow People and it seems entirely likely that this is what I saw. However it didn't say anything on what shadow people do or if I should be worried. It was a couple months ago that I saw it and I haven't seen anything since. Is there a chance I'll see it again? I am very curious about it...
Flakjacket (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
Go to wikipedia.com, look up shadow people. That should give you a good description of what you saw.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: