You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unwelcome Intruder

Real Ghost Stories

Unwelcome Intruder

 

It's been a while since my first story so I thought I would share this short one with you.

I live in a fairly small town called Hemel Hempstead, in the County of Hertfordshire in England. My experience I share with one of my friends Dan and his house that he lives in with his family not far from me. Dan had told me on numerous occasions that he thought that his house was haunted. I never disbelieved him but never really thought too much on the subject, but he did tell a few little stories. It was the usual stuff mainly of lights going on and off. Voices being heard on regular basis and that his Mum had seen the figure of a man in the house that abruptly disappeared! I even chuckled as he told me one time he had come home after a long night down the pub, dragged himself to bed, shut his eyes and then heard the voices chattering away. To which he replied "Look I can't really be arsed with all this so could you **** off and let me go to sleep"! Which they did, that night. That was all he really spoke of that I can remember. I did though happen to experience one of these strange occurrences.

One night I was around his a few years ago by ourselves drinking a few beers watching some pretty boring telly. The door to the living room was closed. When all of a sudden we heard some pretty loud and rather fast footsteps going up the stairs. I looked at Dan and said "what was that"? To which he smirked, "Someone going upstairs" he said! "Who? Your Brother"? "Na no one came in"! "Did you hear anyone come in"? Dan said. No I thought to myself. At this point I realized what he was getting at. So I opened the door to just have a little look up the staircase (there was no chance of me going to investigate) and all the lights were off and there was no noise.

I stayed there most of the night with the door open and one by one all his family that lived there arrived back. We spoke to his Mum about it but she didn't seem surprised at what had happened due to living there a lot longer than her children.

That was a fair while ago now and Dan occasionally brings up another strange occurrence that he's experienced. I know it's not the most exciting ghost story but it's always convinced me a little bit more.

Thanks for reading

Lee

Other hauntings by leeebling

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, leeebling, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Breaghboo (2 stories) (15 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-11-12)
Just read this old story. Hilarious! Love it! And it's these "neither here nor there" down to earth stories that are most believable.
Marg (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
I think, your friends home is haunted. Your friend doesn't sound like he's scared. He just learned to live with the paranormal activity that's around him.😁
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-13)
Liebling--oh, 'scuse me, leeebling...
No, not the most scary story but a good example of the garden variety, and it shows the nonchalance some people deal out to them.
As you hear more reports, are you finding any which address lingering doubts that there's at least one "parallel universe" co-exists with the one we're in? ~ James

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: