You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Strange Visions I Have When I Awake

Real Ghost Stories

The Strange Visions I Have When I Awake

 

What I'm about to tell you all is what I believe to be real, it's very strange and has no logical explanation other than related, I think, to a supernatural episode. These episodes started when I was about 11/12 years old. I'm now 32, and to be honest I haven't really thought much about them until recently. The first time it happened was when I was a kid. I was just waking up in the morning (you know sometimes when you wake up you have that calmness about you, you're taking in the surroundings still). So I'm just opening my eyes lying in bed, and I'm looking straight ahead in my bedroom. In front of me is the head of an old man with a white beard, that heads floating at the sort of height it would be if it was attached to a body, the man's face was just very observant, his eyes were blinking so it was animated. No real expression just observing. I felt very calm, not frightened, I closed my eyes and thought it be gone when I look again, it wasn't. On a second attempt it disappeared. And that was that, ever since that night, I'd sleep with the covers over my eyes so I couldn't see that area of the room. And of course I eventually sort of forgot about this over the years and passed it off as maybe my imagination.

Until 2 years ago, I hadn't experienced this since that morning. I had a similar episode, I won't go into the detail, because this story will be too long, but this time the face I saw (again just the head) was that of a relative, again I was calm through out the episode... And again not long after, I thought, well... Maybe this is some sort of sleep paralysis, or my mind playing tricks on me coming out of deep sleep.

Okay now's the real bombshell... This has been going on now continuously for the last month, and I'll admit I don't know what to think about it. Me and my wife moved house about a year and a half ago, and there hasn't been anything strange going on until just recently. I had a terrible nightmare one night recently and upon waking in the the middle of the night, realizing it was just a dream, I turned around in the bed facing the wardrobe, and right in front of my eyes is another vision... This time it's like a part of a wooden fence maybe, with a hole in it, with an eye appearing through the fence, the eyes concentrating on me and it's live for sure because it's blinking. I was that tired at the time, that I didn't really react, didn't jump out my bed and start screaming like you think you would, but laid there calmly, I turned my head and went back to sleep...

The following week, again I was awoke after another nightmare. I woke and thought, well that was some evil dream, I turn my head round facing the wardrobe, and this time there's some sort of a scripture, a scroll (long and narrow), etched in black... It was so black that in stood out in the dark room like a light-bulb. This time I was fully aware of what was happening and was more awake than the previous occasion. I put my glasses on (slightly short sighted) to see better and it's still there, even clearer, I couldn't quite make out the letters in the scroll, it was not English, more like symbols, the nearest thing I could make it out to be was like Japanese writing maybe. I laid there and stared at it... I watched it disappear after about 20 seconds, it sort of drifted away from left to right, almost like someone was rubbing it out in sand or on a chalkboard... Now I know your mind can play tricks on you, and even after all these episodes I still believed it was related to sleep patterns or state of mind after sleep. But when I closed my eyes, that scripture I was staring at was etched into my eye (like when you look at a light-bulb and when you close your eyes it's stained on your eye lens). I could still make out the writing, so was this real after all?

Last week, I'm sure it happened again, again I woke up (it's the same cycle, as you can see, when ever I'm seeing these things) I turned to look at this dark object but instead, I was drawn to a more colorful image to its left. It was my Grandfather from what I could tell at the time. He was smiling, I actually called out "are you really there?" (not expecting an answer) and this distant but close voice I could hear, as if it was talking through a pair of headphones to me "yes Paul I am". For some reason I felt relief, and I just went back to sleep.

Last night was my last vision (recently over the space of a month, I have had 4 visions or meetings, whatever you want to call them). Last night was some more scriptures. I have been avoiding looking in the direction of that wardrobe at night these days but for some reason I seem to always get drawn to it when I wake, as if I'm expecting someone. I had the covers right over my face so only a small section of that wall was visible once turning round. And it just happens to be in that corner! This time, last night, I was so aware that I did flinch for a second... It was etched in black again, this time it looked more like a combination of moon symbols? This shape " ( ", it eventually faded away similar to the previous scroll but upwards...

So that's my story so far, I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is real or some kind of Sleep Paralysis... I don't know... Well, I hope you found this interesting, it would be in interesting to know your thoughts about what's been going on here. I'm by far no expert in ghosts and never really took a particular interest until the recent events. Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bullitt2007, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
try keeping a notebook by the bed then you can draw the symbols as there fresh, also a digital cam grab it and snap when this happpens again, as for what it is the scrolls could be akashik records maybe.
jenny123 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-19)
i am soooo glad I found this site. I had the exact thing happen to me. At least the part about the words appearing in a vision. But for me it was in the middle of the day. I was just sitting there looking out the window and suddenly a bunch of ancient looking characters started scrolling from top to bottom before my eyes. It lasted for about 15 seconds. This has happened to me a few times under differnt circumstances. It looked almost like a computer download. It was really wierd and I don't know what to think about it.
victoriam (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-28)
Sounds like you could be suffering from Hypnogogic hallucinations. This is not a psychological disorder, it's a form of sleep paralysis that happens just before going to sleep or as you are waking up from sleep. It can include visual, tactile and auditory sensations. Visual hallucinations are not uncommon and the visions can last from several seconds to several minutes. Auditory hallucinations are usually described as undefined sounds, such as deep ringing, static like noise or buzzing.
This process will not harm you in any way, but may be quite unnerving. You may want to do some research on this type of sleep disorder, it may put you at ease to know that it is not paranormal and is somewhat common. Hope this helps. 😁
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
I have visions once while I was awake it didn't mean anything it was a man wearing light blue jeans and a brown leather jacket. He had grey hair and a big belly. He was pale and medium sized in height. He walked then stopped turned his head at the side looked my way then looked back then carried on walking then the vision finished. 😐
Soma (3 stories) (21 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-24)
That's really cool! I wish I could see things like that as often as you. I'm sure there must be some meaning to it. If you can remember some of the Chinese or Japanese characters, you can send them to me or post them on this site and Ill let you know what they mean. Even if you don't remember exactly, give a general picture of it and I'll show you the characters that look similar. Maybe these visions are trying to tell you something? Although, it would be more useful if it was in English eh!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-29)
Looking forward to the drawings. I will see if I can be of more assistance to you in letting you know what the symbols maybe. Too bad you couldn't capture them on film and then we could take our time and maybe even translate them for you. I understood completely what you meant by the symbols stood out in the dark even though they were black.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
bullitt2007 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-29)
Hi guys,

Just a short message to tell you I really appreciate your comments! I will post a more in-depth reply tomorrow when I have sometime, I will do some drawing's for you also. In reply to JW... Yes I know what you mean, I think you've misinterpreted what I mean't though... You know how light illuminates? Well these letter's had the same effect, but they were jet black, I can't explain it, they just stood out in the dark room... Il talk about it more it in my next post anyway, but again thanks, it's really interesting to hear what you think...
Rocio (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
Well maybe your grandfather is trying to help you or warn you about something. Wait is your grandfather dead? You should ask your family if your grandfather had to do something with a scroll written in another language. The good thing is that none of these apperances have hurt you physically ...so just admire them but from far away.
JW (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Dude, I am confused by this sentence, "a scroll (long and narrow), etched in black... It was so black that in stood out in the dark room like a light-bulb..." If it was that dark how could you see considering how the human concept of light works?

I don't know about scriptures, I would never describe scrolls as that, but it must be your belief. I saw such things and they were all lit up in golden light with major gold symbolic letters foreign to myself. I thought they were the book of life. Your scrolls sound like the book of death or of the dead. Really, dark visions man.
Heather (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Are you completely sure you were awake for these "experiences". Maybe one night when you're feeling really brave you should get up and see if it's real, you know, touch it or something.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Martin, I am hoping that the Author of this one is able to follow up with you on the drawing of these symbols he is seeing on these scrolls. I would be willing to bet that some of them match up to the symbols on the one site I sent to you. The others of the moons would I believe fall under Druid, maybe Pagan symbolisim, not sure if Wiccan or not. I would have to ask Brittney since she seems to be our local Wiccan expert. :) I guess I should have study a little harder the older religions and that way I would know more about them. But even I can only hold so much info before my head starts to spring a leak and some is lost.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Shane, people get a reply from me by email when their stories are published and I do mention in those emails that they can send any pictures as attachment and I will publish them. The problem is most of the times when I request it personally, I don't even get a response. That's why stories that are centered on a picture don't get published until I have them.

And yeah, I hear you about the "pray jesus they're no such things as ghosts, it's all demons" posts. Ugh. Hopefully authors realize they'll get a great diversity of responses and they'll take what seems valuable to them. Maybe, one of these days, after 10 000 stories, it'll actually be demons ;)
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
If at all possible I would love to see a drawing of the symbols you have seen on the scrolls as I have an idea as to what they may be, but without actually seeing them I don't want to hazard a guess. You will probably get the usual its the devil thing here shortly, but I wouldn't put any faith in that. I am not sure how you could get a copy of your drawings of the symbols to us? Maybe Martin would have an idea and could post them with your story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Shaun (2 stories) (7 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-26)
Here's my suggestion. Get a camcorder, place it in your bedroom, recording the area that the visions usually appear. If the recordings show supernatural activity, it may have something to do with the house, in which case you can begin your own investigations. If there is no recording, the problem may be directly linked to you, as a person, maybe some message coming through.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: