You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whisper In My Ear

Real Ghost Stories

Whisper In My Ear

 

Because this was my first ever encounter, I am not totally sure of what this could have been and would like for anyone to give their thoughts on this matter.

So, I live in the UK and in a small terraced house in a small estate not far from town, so because of the amount of people around I have heard a lot of ghost stories and other people's spooks.

It was a cold night and my folks were upstairs in bed, because it was around 2AM. I was watching TV alone with my little dog and I was beginning to get sleepy, but I soldiered on for as long as I could handle. Usually when I am alone I stay alert of what happens around me, because I am quite superstitious. Eventually, at least an hour later, I decided to go to bed, and as I opened the door my dog ran upstairs, so I turned my lights out and as I walked out the door I got a chill all over and heard a whisper in my ear that I am pretty sure said something along the lines of 'your not alone'. Yes, I know that this may sound like a horror film or something, but it really spooked me and it has continued through time.

I have a feeling there has been a past incident in my house because I have also been in bed and I have heard distant screams and a little girl laughing. I do not know what this is and I am beginning to get anxious about staying home alone because of this, so any feedback or thoughts about it would be deeply appreciated.

Also, I apologize for me rambling on because this is my first post on this website. So thanks and look out for more posts!

Other hauntings by Iain2127

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Iain2127, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Iain2127 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-17)
Yea, its easier to read than to live through, but I do believe that at the moment I don't have too much to be concerned about. And I have got a lot of advice on what to do, most of it to tell it to leave and mean it. So I will be sure to do that and I would like to once again say thank you to everyone who has given advice.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-17)
😊 Yeah, it IS a lot easier to sit on THIS side and say "Oh, you have nothing to worry about" than it is to sit on THAT side and live through it.
I DO think your first step should be to just forcibly say out loud that the ghost is not welcome in your presence. Do not leave any doubt as to what you mean by it.
"If you're good...", "If you mean me no harm...", " those kinds of statements give a choice. Do not let whatever this is HAVE a choice.
This is YOUR home, and YOUR living space. Take it back.
Thank you.
Iain2127 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
whitebuffalo: No the whisper was not was not that of the little girl and as for the screams, I'm pretty sure they are not pipes or passing cars. They just sound too... Real, if you know what I mean. A lot of people have been saying I don't have much to worry about, and I believe them, I guess it was just the shock really since it was the first time anything like that has happend.

It happened again the other night, but I shall tell you about that in another story. Thanks for your help 😉
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
Rambling?! Nah, I have the Monopoly on that!
But seriously, though. Am I to assume that the voice that said "you're not alone" was NOT that of a little girl? The distant screams can not be attributed to passing vehicles or pipes, heating, a breeze through trees... No "natural" thing IS possible?
If that be the case, I believe I would just state in a loud enough (not a yell), and stern voice (no need to let anyone question your intent) something along the lines of "You do not belong here. You need to leave." Contrary to what most people think, there ARE those beings who DO listen to a command.
Chances of your actually having an intelligent haunt going on ARE rather slim, they only take up a very small percentage of all "haunts". Residual energy seems to be the leader at this stage of our research.
Unless anything straight up out of a Stephen King Novel (yep, not movie, but novel) should happen, it really does not sound (I am not there, though. What do YOU think?) like you have much to worry about, save for keeping it quiet.
Thank you.
AAR (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
next time you hear a little girl laugh, try to talk allowed to it. ❤
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
In your situation, I would recommend telling the spirits to stop the next time they try to scare you. Believe it or not, they tend to listen.
Iain2127 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
Thanks for all the comments and advice! I'll be sure to try it out 😉
fairylady0385 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
It sounds as if you have more than one spirit with you. I would worry about the screaming. The little girl, not so much. If this is all that has happened, it is probably nothing too terrible. Try burning some sage in the house if you want it to leave. If that doesn't work, order it to leave in the name of Jesus Chirst. If it is STILL there after that, try having a priest bless the house and you. Sometimes if things get bad you have to call in a professional!:)
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
Whispering that you are not alone may even be an act of it trying to provide comfort. Who knows what the exact spiritual limitations are, maybe it has trouble communicating other ways. It sounds scary, and I'm sure it spooked you good. What I'm wondering is were you actually frightful? Did it send dread through you? Or was it just scary because of what happened? Sometimes your feelings can clue as to whether it could be harmful or not. Trust your instincts and pray in the name of Jesus. God bless you friend.
rach120991 (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
It doesn't sound as if it is going to be much a problem if it has only happened the once, and especially if it is an old house, I used to live in a terrace near manchester and lots of strange things happened.

If it starts to happen on a regular basis or become more prominant, post it:)
ab42berry (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
dont worry about it I don't think you have anything to worry about right now, but if it starts acting hostile PM me

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: