You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Things That Make Me Wonder

Real Ghost Stories

The Things That Make Me Wonder

 

At the last house I lived in, my family and I could tell there was something happening in there from the start.

First, let me give you some background info. The house was just under thirty years old. The first residence was an elderly man and woman. The second residence was a man and woman with no children. The wife was a stripper at a bar and had an affair with her husband with another girl. I am including those facts because my mother believes bad vibes can continue to linger in a house after the owners are gone. The third residence was a family with a small girl and boy. There was also running water under the house which is also a good place for paranormal activity according to what I have heard, and I believe there may have been Indian's around years before based on certain things I have seen lying around. Whether this has an effect on anything or not I am not sure.

When my family and I moved in we all agreed that it seemed very dark inside and almost like someone else was always with you. At the time I was hardly interested in paranormal activity at all, even though I had in fact had an experience of my own the last year, which I may write about later. My parents though, where very interested in paranormal activity. My mom considers herself to be somewhat physic and my dad was flat out interested. He too had his own experiences as a child.

I, at first noticed no paranormal activity at all, beside the fact I felt like I was being watched at night when I went to sleep. My parents on the other hand had things happen to them weekly.

My dad noticed it at first. He would often hear a woman's voice calling his name in the kitchen or bedroom. Often so clear he would turn around expecting to see my mother calling for him, but would usually find her in another room, or sometimes not even home. The one incident I remember most about he experienced was one night he reported feeling something crawl along the foot of his bed, and whisper his name faintly. When he woke up the next morning he casually asked if my mom if she had gotten up at all that night. She replied that she had in fact slept through the whole night. I believe there was something in the house that felt connected with him.

A few months after we had moved into our new house my parents got a divorce. Nothing happened after that for about a year and a half. My mom had recently got re-married. Two months after they where wed my new step-dad's ex-wife died. She was a very troubled woman. My Mom and step-dad reported hearing a voice call my step-dad's name around 5:00 in the morning one night. The next morning they found out my step-dad's ex-wife had died at around 5:00 in the morning almost a week ago, and no one had found her body until then.

Soon after that was when I had my first experience. I had several double sided drawings hung all over my wall; one in particular was a drawing of a dog. The side not showing was a doodle of a rabbit. One night I was coming out of the bathroom before bed and noticed that the picture of the dog had been switched around and re-pinned to the wall with the bunny side facing the room. My two little sisters where asleep and parents downstairs.

The second experience I had was about a week after that. I woke up naturally at about 1:00 A.M. There is a projector on my alarm clock that shoots the time up onto the ceiling. I was looking at the time on the projector on the wall when it rapidly started swiveling back and forth.

The last Exciting experience in that house was, again shortly after the time with the clock. My step-dad was awake one night and saw a three-foot tall blue mist come out of the study past his bedroom door and up the stairs. When he came to see if it was any of the girls, he found them fast asleep.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, if_only_if_only, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

if_only_if_only (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-27)
whitebuffalo: both of my parents have "toned down" sice all of this has happend, and we moved out of that house a short time after the experience last listed.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
www.GhostCentral.ca
Www.paramap.com
Www.paramap.com
Www.assap.org/newsite/articles/Misperception.html
There are a few more sites that can show you haw water is thought to be a good conductor to paranormal activity, chicken, as well. I just thought I would post a few for you.
It is thought (Shane Sirois of TrueGhosts.com "fame") that water can create a type of portal for paranormal activity. Not a portal in the sense that most of us would link the word, but in that the direction of the FLOW of water seems to have proven to HIM that, directionally speaking, water dictates what happens during the experience.
"...Homes that have rivers and streams running nearby the property from one side to the other tend to have more objects being moved and thrown, doors opening/closing, noises and may experience occasional apparitions. Homes that have rivers or streams that run diagonally toward the house and then bend away from the house tend to be the most active." He says much more about the whole thought, but it would take too much space here. 😊

As your Mother considered herself to be psychic (just curious. Does she still?), it just makes me think that perhaps, in her abilities, beings were drawn to her. It almost sounds like (I am assuming, here. Let me stop that. Does your FATHER still have experiences, or has that stopped since your parents are no longer together?) the activity was around HER.
Your Step-Dad heard his name (after the marriage to your Mother), the things in the house happened in HER house...
Does this type of thing still happen frequently?
Thank you.
chicken (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
Huh.

Where did you hear that thing about water under the house?
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
Maybe this spirit is trying to get connected to your father because maybe she just wants company. I do not think this spirit is a threat, and she is just trying to contact someone. Good Luck! 😁
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-14)
wow that's crazy. There is something def going on in the house. It doesn't sound like anything dangerous though so I wouldn't be worried. Keep us posted. Thanks. Take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: