You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lady In The Dinning Room

Real Ghost Stories

Lady In The Dinning Room

 

I am 33 now I still remember that morning that it happened.

It was a hot summer morning in San Antonio, Texas. I was about 10 years old. We lived in a very old house. Our living room was next to our dinning room. I remember I was watching cartoons and my mother was outside talking to my Godmother who lived next door to us when something made me look toward the dinning room. There I saw a lady sitting on a chair looking right at me. She was clearly transparent and was wearing a long white dress. I got up and ran outside. The freaky part was that I had to run by her in order to get to my mother. I closed my eyes and ran. I almost knocked my mother down. She asked me what was wrong I told her what had happened; she looked at me and told me it was my imagination.

A couple of weeks later my uncle came into town and he slept in the living room. One night while we were out of town, he said he woke up in the middle of the night and saw a lady sitting at the dinning staring at him. He quickly covered himself and fell asleep. A lot of strange things continued to happen until we moved a year later.

A cousin of mine that spent the night heard the dishes moving. My parents would hear footsteps during the night.

It was a strange house.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gonz76, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

gonz76 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
He saw her sitting in the dinning room but, I am not to sure if in the same location. I know he said she was looking at him.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
I agree with whitebuffalo, this sounds like a residual haunting. It doesn't sound (from your story anyway) that the woman was threatening in any way. If this was an intelligent haunting, maybe she is bound to the home by something she felt she left behind there?
WitCh_hUntErS (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-17)
yea! Do a little bit of research on that place... I bet it can help you a bit

God bless you
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-16)
Hmmm. From your Uncles description, would you say that she was sitting in much the same location as she had been when YOU saw her? Because, just going on THAT, it sounds as if it was a residual haunt.
As sounds seem to be a fairly common "haunt", and one that is a bit harder to prove (with the exception of an EVP session), there is a LOT of speculation on why people hear sounds of things that are not there. There are ALSO a variety of "tests", or things to check into to make SURE what you are witnessing truly IS a form of paranormal experience. Http://sites.google.com/site/paranormalrealmsri/home/how-to-analyze-sounds is really helpful as it pertains to this.
As this occurred so long ago, do you REMEMBER any "odd" stories about the history of the space?
Thank you.
musicgrrl104 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-15)
You need to do some research on the house and see if anyone die there. If so, it may be a spirit trying to make contact. Good Luck, and God Bless! 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: