You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Attacked By Wolf

Real Ghost Stories

Attacked By Wolf

 

After twenty years of remembering this event as if it happened yesterday, I decided to share my story in hopes of gaining some insight as to what it may mean, or if it was just a malevolent attack by some sort of spirit or energy.

I was three years old at the time. At the time, my family lived in a trailer, which burned down the year after this event. I was sleeping in my twin sized bed, in my bedroom which may have been 8 feet from door to far-wall, and 5-6 feet from wall to wall. Up until this point in time, I had slept on my back. One evening while I was sleeping, I awoke suddenly for no obvious reason. This is the moment that changed my life.

Upon waking up, I looked to the wall which was flush with the foot of my bed, as it's where my head was facing from sleeping on my back. In a flash, I saw it. It was a large timber wolf with the most vicious snarl one could imagine on its face. Somehow the beast had jumped directly THROUGH my wall and onto my bed.

Scared out of my mind, I ran. The wolf gave chase. I ran to the couch in my living room, which was the highest/tallest point in the house I could reach. I tiptoed on the back of the couch, but the wolf was figuring a way up himself. Seeing this, I ran to the dining room table, one room away. I hurried up and barricaded myself under the table with the chairs.

Looking back at the experience, logically one would assume that the wolf who just traveled through a wall would be able to transfer itself through the chairs. This was not the case. I held on to one chair for dear life while the wolf kept tossing it about trying to get to me. The minutes that this went on seemed like an eternity. The wolf was again gaining ground, and I knew I had to try something different.

The only other choice available to me was to try to outrun the wolf, and make it to my parent's bedroom at the end of the hall on the other side of the trailer. I pushed the chair out at the wolf, and he backed off for a moment. I ran down the hall as fast as possible, screaming bloody murder, hoping that my mother would wake.

The wolf chased me down the hallway on my run. I was banging on the door of the bedroom, screaming. I could feel the presence of the wolf behind me, but as soon as the knob of the door turned and I heard my mother say "What's wrong", the wolf was gone.

To this day, I have never witnessed anything as horrifying as I did that night. The other night while walking my dog, I heard a howl outside. Knowing that the neighbors' dogs don't howl, I was spooked a bit, and went right back inside. Finally gathering up the courage to tell this story to those outside of my comfort circle, I'd really like to know if anyone has any insight as to: what my experience could mean, why it happened, what it was exactly, can it happen again, does it symbolize anything. Thank you in advance for any help and insight you are able to give in means of comments.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, pan1x, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ghostman821 (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-19)
well, if you have native american ancestors, that could be the case. Some native americans practiced something called "skinwalking" by wearing the pelt of their spirit animal (studying and behaving like them, too) so that when they die (or enter combat) their spirit would be able to change between a human form and that of their spirit animal. The reason I bring this up is that the timber wolf was a popular animal to choose for this practice, as it represented strength and courage among many tribes. I have native american ancestry and I have been able to see what I believe to be a skinwalker that represents himself as both human and bear for as long as I can remember. If this is the case, I don't have too much insight as to why he might attack you, unless he is just a skinwalker defending his land instead, and has no relation to you whatsoever. Just a thought.
MysteryVin (19 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
It is nothing to worry about my guardian angel is a Timber wolf. He is just reliving his death. Nothing bad or big that can be a problem. 😊 😆 ❤
Roxanne090 (10 stories) (18 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-11)
I remember having a similar experience when I was a child, althought I was 10 not 3. I was told by supposed shaman that there could have been some kind of native or dark magic performed around that land... Maybe a curse cast directly on a person that would sentence him/her to become a wolf and so, their restless soul remained, or that maybe the wolf could've just been the spirit of a wolf or perhaps a child ghost who decided to have some fun with you.
VioletAura (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-19)
Wow that's scary!...I've never seen a Ghost wolf before but anyway, thanks for sharing your story with us! 😊

~VioletAura
MoonlightHunter (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-28)
Something you might consider - real, live, physical wolves have a high prey drive. What that means is that if they see something run, they feel compelled to chase it. The absolute worst thing to do when facing down a wolf is to run from it. The moment you run, it has you.

It makes sense that a spiritual or ghost wolf would have similar impulses. You were very young when this happened. Maybe it was trying to play with you, and you accidentally triggered its prey drive by running and by being afraid.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-02)
Werewolf probably. I have not figured these creatures out yet but I think they are energetic beings. This is the one creature that I am not entirely sure of. How it works, why they exist? I know that they hunt but I don't know why they would chase a physical person if they don't need to eat physically. I have had only two run ins with "werewolves" (I don't know what else to call them. But I think that is what they are) I've only dealt with them in astral state but I can feel them in physical state. They are not nice beings by any means. I wouldn't know what other information to give you. These are elusive creatures and not too many people have run ins with them. 😕
GhostBeliever40 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-16)
very interesting!

But very strange.

A ghost wolf I don't know if I can believe that. But your words seems too true!

So I believe you.

When I saw the title. 'Attacked By Wolf'

I was like What this shouldn't be in YGS.
😲

Anyway, Thank you for sharing your story
sleepyhollow17 (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-09)
the dream dictionary by gustave hindman somebody. Its an older book but it has a lot of info. My neighbor has one and I was looking through it the other day and it said under wolf that if you dream of one attackinmg you it means you will have trouble with friends or in relationships.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
Interesting, pan1x.
As you are under the Greek mythological based zodiac sign of Pisces, you may ALSO fall (there is one days difference. For the Native zodiac animal classification, the dates are February 19 through March 20. For the Greek zodiac signs, it is February 20 through March 20) under the animal zodiac sign of the Wolf.
I was pleased to read that I did not have to explain out what I was ACTUALLY asking when I posted about the grey/timber wolf. I debated breaking that down a mite more for you, but thought you had the intelligence to read through that with the following explanations that I left.
COLORS are very important when it comes to such visions.
Animal dreams and visions are highly emotional. They point to what is important to us, at that particular moment in our lives. They show us, with the animal itself, what it is that we are thinking, feeling, believing and worried about, all wrapped up in the skin of the animal that is represented in our dreams.

Let me pause here for a moment and explain that for simplicity sake, I use the word "dream". That, in no way, indicates that I believe this all to have been "A series of images, ideas, emotions, and sensations occurring involuntarily in the mind during certain stages of sleep." http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dream
I DO believe that you were fully awake.

In that the Wolf would appear to BE your chronological animal zodiac sign, that could point to a directional change at that point in your life. Yes, I do realise you were three, but I also am a firm believer in our paths being chosen, and walked, beginning at a very young age. I believe that all children are afforded glimpses such as you were given, I just do not believe many children retain what it is that they experience as you HAVE.
For lack of a better phrase to explain this, the wolf has two "sides".
The one is the communal wolf (which is how I explained them in my last comment to you) and then there is the lone wolf side. The "lone" wolf GENERALLY means the opposite of what the communal one does. They CAN become impractical, impatient, recalcitrant, obsessive, and vindictive.
That is not to say that ALL "lone wolves" possess those characteristics, just as not all communal ones are benign. It DOES mean that they have tendencies in that direction.

Some Native Americans see wolf as the teacher, pathfinder, the loyal one, the bringer of medicine and the embodiment of society (the pack), family bonds and as the teacher of Earth wisdom.

Red is the color of success, triumph, victory, power and re-awakening. I would think that should the wolf had BEEN more reddish, you would have just come through something pretty important at that point.

The color grey is actually a mix of the colors white and black.

Another "two sided" symbolism for you.

White symbolizes purity, peace, serenity, and happiness. Black is always typical of death. Death does NOT mean termination of life, it represents The End of SOMETHING. Good, bad or indifferent, it is the end.

What I believe this experience may have meant, was that you were at a crossroads. You had reached a fork in the road, and both paths were open to you, and you were facing both. It would be very interesting to be able to go back in time (or back in vivid memories) to see what it was that was going on for you.

Wa-do.
pan1x (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-09)
[at] whitebuffalo First off, thank you for the response, your insight has peaked my interest. I'm 100% open to anything further you may have to add to what you've already said, as I've never even thought about it that way, yet it makes so much sense.

Firstly, I am certain that the wolf was a grey/timberwolf, with significantly less red than grey. As for zodiac animals and animal symbols, I don't know much about either. My zodiac sign is a Pisces (I had to look it up, I'm not too familiar with astrology).

As far as you going into further detail, you have my full attention, and appreciation for doing so. Please do.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-30)
I am very curious as to the type of wolf you saw. You are certain that it was a grey/timber wolf?
I ask this as there are numerous things that can be taken into account regarding what you have experienced.
If you can totally count out the possibility that you had read of, or seen a show on the telly or elsewhere, about wolves which may have fueled your imagination, you just may have something here.

One idea is that perhaps the wolf is your totem. Wolves are vastly misunderstood, mainly because people tend to dwell mainly on the negative aspects of the wolf, or stand in misconception, misunderstanding, or in perpetuating the stereotypes that circle about them.
Wolves are loyal, strong, social creatures, friendly, wonderful communicators, intelligent, and generous with those they feel a connection with.
Wolves CAN survive on their own, but prefer the company of others.
Another thought is that the wolf could be your life totem ("zodiac animal"). There really is nothing "more" to that (depending on your personal belief system) than the zodiac sign you were born under. Your birth date (minus the year) would be able to point to whether that is the case or not.
Or the wolf could be your animal symbol. Or even your power totem. Or even someone ELSES totem, who came to visit you.

The fact that you were couch back walking and the wolf did not simply step up onto the couch (you said it "...was figuring a way up") would point DIRECTLY to the idea that it meant you no personal harm. Add to that it did not simply splinter one of the dining chairs by barging through it (you said "...kept tossing it about..."), or straight up fling it to the side to "make a hole" also points to it not wanting to personally HARM you. The fact that your three year old little legs out-RAN the wolf to your parents door would ALSO point to it meaning no personal harm. It LEFT when you were in the safety of your parental love, THAT is what social creatures do in the wild, and it relinquished it's "hold" when you were safely represented. Again: it meant you NO harm.
I really want to go into detail here, but have no idea if you are truly interested, so I guess I will just hang out and wait to see.
Wa-do.
pan1x (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
[at] sleepyhollow17 At the time, it was in a semi-rural community, rural to the extent of there being farmlands within a short drive/walk, non-rural in the aspect that the houses were very close together.

Do you have any suggestions as to which dream books or native american storybooks to get started with? I'm very interested in figuring this out to this very day.
sleepyhollow17 (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-29)
i would suggest a dream book. Not that it was a dream, but wolves can appear and it has all of that in dream books. Or you can try native american stories. Doe you live in a rural area?
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-25)
'Once bitten, twice shy.'

I like this phrase as it tells us how it makes the person more alert after an experience with the supernatural.

Suggestions on what heck is that being, all I can say is that maybe your father had killed the wolf and it had come back to take revenge on their child (seems cruel, but this is the way of life).

Or some empty-minded person who has no respect for other living things killed the wolf years ago and that wolf haunts the area, as time passes it might be wanting to release all it's anger on something more vulnerable (like you, no offense as your the youngest as stated in your story).
pan1x (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-25)
[at] flamewithin Reading your comment gave me goosebumps. I've only seen it that one time, but I've had dreams about it since. The dreams are actually quite timid in comparison, but remind me of that night each time. Hopefully we'll both share the same road of not encountering it again.
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
😲 I had the same thing happen to me it was a large wolf it looked to me like it wanted to eat me for dinner I wasn't 3 when it happened iwas around 28 when it happened to me. I jumped up to the end of the bed I was going to fight it off. I woke up my husband who was sleeping next 2 me at the time and he asked me what I was doing I told him I was fighting the wolf off... He laughed at me but I knew it was going to get me the snarl it had looking at me was something I never forgot. You aren't the only one who has seen it it was real when I looked at where it had been, it was no longer there but it looked like it was wanting to eat and I was the meal 😭 I was scared I haven't saw it since and I hope I never do again ❤
KoltenAspen (39 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-05)
This is a very weird and scary so this happened when you were 3 well I'm 17 and I will not have the courage to do what you have done when you were 3
pan1x (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
[at] DeviousAngel Thank you for your thoughts, I'd never really looked at it that way.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
The reason I ask is because a lot of Native Americans saw themselves as descendants of animal spirits, such as wolves and bears. I wonder if it's possible for the spirit of a departed individual to project an image of themself in the form that they feel most represents them? Going on that theory, it could be that the spirit felt threatened by your residence on land that once belonged to them.

On the spirit guide vein of thought, think about it this way: adults sometimes tell children urban legends and stories to scare them into doing the right thing. If this was a spirit guide, perhaps it was not capable of communicating, "Go to your parents! Something bad is coming here!" so perhaps it instead acted like it was going to attack you, to "scare" you into going somewhere safe.

Just a theory!
pan1x (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
[at] DeviousAngel I've been unable to find any information if there were Native Americans on that land at that time. I wouldn't doubt it one bit being that the road was called Bear Creek Road, and that sounds like a Native American name to me. Could that have anything major to do with it? As for protecting, why would it have to scare me half to death, and what could it be protecting me from?

[at] OnlyTruth I assure you it wasn't a dream. My memory isn't the greatest, and that has to be one of the most vivid memories from my past. As for what it looked like, it looked like a real wolf, not incorporeal or anything. This link is almost a spitting image of what I saw that night: http://www.pixdaus.com/pics/jYGs24ni1i7zM7cHJS.jpg
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
Hello and thank you for sharing your story with us. That would have given me a scare for sure. Have you done any research on the land where the homes are/were? For some reason I get the feeling that this may have been forest at some point, or hunting ground for Native Americans. I could be wrong about that, but it sounds like a possibility. The other possibility is that the wolf was trying to protect you from something, as scary as it sounds, by chasing you to the safety of your parents.
OnlyTruth (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
that is a very weird and interesting story. I was going to say maybe it was a dream, until you said you went to your parents bedroom. To be honest I'm not sure what it could be, but I hope you get some insight from people since you put your story on here.

So what exactly did it look like? Just like a olf or was there anything spirit about it? Other then jumping through the wall.

Well, good luck

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: