You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Refrigerator Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

The Refrigerator Ghost

 

I used to live in an old 1970's house that was built on an old air force base. I have had encounters before but not like the one I'm about to tell you.

It was around 1am and I was still up watching TV when I heard a faint noise. Thinking it was the fridge; I shrugged it off and went back to watching TV. 5 minutes after the first noise I heard another noise this time it was louder and sounded like some type of metal being scraped across the floor "that's not a fridge noise" I said to myself. I sat there on the couch unable to move because of how terrified I was waiting for whatever it was to make its next move. Suddenly it got really cold and uneasy in the house but I still couldn't move. Then something told me to turn around and look at the fridge which I did and right when I turned around a black pool surrounded the fridge and formed into a "black mass" or what you would call "shadow person" with no facial features whatsoever. It stood there for ten seconds and melted in the floor. The cold feeling went away but the uneasy feeling still stayed like something was still there with me.

This happened to me before but in different areas of my house but the same shadow doing the same thing.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shadow_image, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

shadow_image (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
its really hard to explain. I didn't investigate because I didn't have much proof of it. It just happened so sudden like a dream but I was awake. I know it sounds like a fake story I'm telling a true experience I have seen black masses before and some say that they arent human. That worries me alot. Oh and to answer you question (CJ) on if light casted any shadows, no there was no street light or one near by also this shadow wasn't see through, it was solid like an black outline of a person or something else I also have never heard that scraping sound before just creaks and knocks of the old wood like I said I can't really explain that experience unless I go back and investigate
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
I would have to agree with DeviousAngel. Not to discount your emotions during the moment though. I've had plenty a time where I've gotten spooked by the simplest thing and after some rational thinking (and sometimes investigating to see what "normal" things could possibly be causing the disturbance), I came to realize there was a logical explanation. Of course, there have also been times when I wasn't able to come up with an explanation for the cause of the disturbance.

A couple questions... Were you alone when this happened? Just curious, if you weren't alone, has anyone else mentioned experiencing the same thing or something similar? You said you lived in an old house that was built back in the 1970s... Is it a possibility that some part of the house could have caused the noise you heard? Pipes? The structure of the house itself? And as for the shadow you saw by the fridge... Was there anything around that could have cast a shadow (s) that could have played into the intensity of the moment, making it appear to have moved and shifted shape? Were there any windows in the kitchen that could have allowed light to come through and distort any shadows and throw any shadows?

Again, I'm not trying to discount your experience right off the bat and I'm sorry for the rack of questions. Just trying to acquire some added info. 😕
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
Hm...I'm not really sure what to think about this one. Why were you afraid just because you heard a metal sound? It could have been anything, but you assumed it was something supernatural? I think I might have tried to get up and go investigate before I decided on what was causing it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: