You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Party In The Shower

Real Ghost Stories

Party In The Shower

 

Now I was never a believer of spirits/demons before until the first incident happened in my life.

Back in 1992, when my dad returned from Desert Storm we were transferred to Las Vegas, NV. When I was 10 years old, my family and I lived in this apartment complex.

One afternoon, when I got home from school, I decided to go take a shower. Now the only people that were in the apartment were my babysitter, her son, and I. While I was in the shower, I started to hear voices in the bathroom. So I opened the curtain and saw a lot of shadows, drinking and having a party in my bathroom. (Now I have never experienced this kind of thing before in my entire life). The shadows didn't even acknowledge my presence at that time. I was scared of course; I grabbed my towel and went out to the living room to tell my babysitter what had just happened.

At first, when I started to tell her what just happened to me, I thought she would think I was crazy but she went to check it out. Of course, when we got to the bathroom, it was empty. My babysitter did tell me that my cat would be able to see these presences and would protect me from harm. But something was telling me in my heart that it was real and I did experience something in that bathroom.

Please do not comment back if you want to be rude or ignorant about this story because it did happen to me and until this day I always have a pet with me in the bathroom.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luckysmc, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cocacolazero (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
I think it could be an astral door way, like a another world being lived on a rerun or something, maybe it was part of a casino years ago your bathroom or nightclub, personally I don't thinks I would like it, maybe move! Take care!
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-08-09)
I also think that it's just a residual haunting being repeated in a time loop endlessly and a residual haunting is utterly harmless.
Gamma (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-16)
OMG! 😨 I have had this EXACT same thing happen! Even creepier, I was also being babysat! 😨 (Shudders) I make sure not to close the door completely now, because I've heard that Ghosts and Spirits like reflective surfaces-Like a mirror! But A cat is probably an even better idea.
Sassy_Lash3s (2 stories) (22 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-04-15)
This story sounds like it might be a residual haunting. You shouldn't be scared or nothing just because you experienced this, I would think your lucky to have seen a residual haunting rather than an intelligent haunt, and especially a demonic. But a party in the restroom? Wow that's interesting and very unique. Maybe a room was there were the restroom now is and that can be the case of a residual haunt. Hope I helped some!

-sassy
luckysmc (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
To all of the commenters: Their shadows were like body formed. The body was not like you can see through them. They WERE SHADOWS! I do agree it might have had a resitual activity where something might have occured before this apartment complex was built. But at this time, I don't remember the name of the complex nor does my parents. My cat was not in the bathroom or near the bathroom when this incident occured. This was the only time that an incident like this happened to me. In a couple of days I will be posting another story but this one I'm sure was a demon!
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
I'm also leaning toward a residual type of haunting. A ghost print if you will. Anyway, at least they were partying right? It's not like they were performing some sort of demonic ceremony or something! Happy spirits are more welcomed than angry or harmful spirits in my book. Hmmm... Spirits drinking spirits? Just kidding, but an interesting story anyway. Never heard anything like it. Thanks for sharing.
honey91 (14 stories) (80 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
Don't feel bad about showering with your pet in the room, I have done that before too. This story is very interesting, just because of the fact that they were having a party in your bathroom. It's kind of cool, but it would definitely scare me because I'm always so paranoid when I'm in the shower!

Loves!
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-19)
Without you describing what the shadows looked like (aside from you saying that they were partying and drinking... Which that had to be an interesting conclusion), I can't say whether it was a possible residual haunting (which previous commentors have suggested) or a collection of steam messing with the lighting in the bathroom and distorting your vision. An interesting experience to say the least...

As for animals being able to sense things... Did you ever notice your cat exhibiting strange behaviour before or after this incident (behaviour that's outside of it's normal behaviour)? Also, was this the only experience you ever had in that place?

Thanks for sharing your experience! 😊
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
might be a residue of the past. It's not a problem if you have a pet with you when you go to the bathroom if it will make you comfortable. But to my analysis, this is a residual event. Pretty cool but scary.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
Exactly what a few previous posters have mentioned, I believe that what was happening was residual and what ever had happened there before the bathroom was built there, was replaying itself. So not being an intelligent event you could safely assume that this would be something no to be that scared of. But that's easier said then done in most circumstances.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan
Arc-en-Ciel (31 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
So, according to the previous posts, people used to party in your bathroom long ago xD Joking. I agree with dalton and fatthead, their theory is the most plausible. The party might have taken place long before your bathroom was built and now you have residual activity! It explains why the shadows ignored you. I completely agree.

Well, although it might have been scary... From the outside it's a little funny:) don't be afraid. If it's residual it won't touch you. It's odd, but not harmful:)

Take care
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
what do you think about this theory of things being recorded in time. I think this is what people saying. No?
dalton1976 (1 stories) (46 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
When this building was build? Is something very high in enery happended here, like murder, fire or something? Ghosts that ignore you is often resitual enery, a kind of playback in time of something that overprint the "TAPE" I don't know how to say that. They don't see you because they are not their anymore. This is not dangerous at all.

Thanks for sharing
OnlyTruth (4 stories) (24 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
Can you describe what these shadows looked like please? If it was only a shadow, how did you see them partying and drinking? Please answer back I'm interested in what these shadows look like.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
It is true that animals have the extraordinary ability to see things we most times don't but there are times when an animal may not sense what you sense. Why? Maybe because the "calling" was for you-not for them. Maybe you were the only one who were to receive the invitation... Who can be sure. Besides, was your cat at close range? Could you see her reactions at the time of the event? Maybe she sensed no immediate danger. That's how my dogs react most of the times when I see, smell or hear something. It is only those very rare times when they sense danger and it is only then when I see them react too.

Have you ever talked with the sitter, can you be sure she has had no experiences in your house too?

One last question. What did the voices sound like? As if there were real people partying next to you or was it like a muffled noise as if you could hear them from behind a veil?

Thank you for sharing the experience.
Mikesway (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-18)
Yeah I did hear that Felines disencourage spirits and the likes... I too have a cat myself. But did you check out if any other structure was there before that apartment was built? Maybe it was an echo from a past event where that room used to be. Just a thought is all. Thanx for sharing your experience!:-)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: