You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Seeing A Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Seeing A Spirit

 

I live in a small house near London with my mother father and two sisters one older and one younger. My sisters share a room and in this room are two single beds. One weekend my grandfather came over from Ireland. This was rare as we barely ever saw him. During the time of my grandfathers stayed he slept in my little sister's bed and she slept in my room on the floor. On the first night of my grandfather's stay I fell asleep as usual as did my sister. At around 1 am I would say, I was awoken by a sharp hissing sound, I slowly opened my eyes and turned over towards the door and to my shock I saw a small girl standing at the door fully dressed in white. This at first didn't scare me as I naturally assumed it was my sister getting up to go to the toilet. As I looked down to see if it was her, I saw that my sister was fast asleep on the floor. I looked up once more to see if I had actually seen what I had seen and I still saw the small girl standing there. She had a glow about her which scared me. She was fully clothed in white with some form of head wear, almost Victorian like. I closed my eyes as to dismiss this girl but as I opened them she was still there. I did this one more time and when I looked again she was gone, just like that.

Since that day I have always been cautious of my house and have had around half a dozen experiences in my house where I hear things during the night and some times see shadows fall across my room.

Can anybody tell me what this could be or how I can prevent these things from happening?

Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JahMan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

coreyegbert (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
Yea I will admit I was really tired at the time that I posted this, and pretty creeper out. I am not ready to rule it out completely, but I'm also not ready to say its without a doubt paranormal. I will be living in a house that is supposedly haunted so maybe I will have more solid evidence in the weeks to come.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
I think that you need to talk to rookdygin on here. I'm not understanding whether you're trying to attract it, get rid of it, study it or what...? But if it's manifesting to everyone it's trying to garner your attention, but mind you, this may be a simple thing that is mechanical or pretty normal otherwise, and have a very UNparanormal explanation. Many things that we don't understand often do, so don't rule out this possibility. Try ruling out pests, rodents, vermin, mechanical items etc. Sound cancarry farther than you'd think, then let us know what your findings are. Also, keep a diary of dates, times, events, etc. This could help you tremendously.
coreyegbert (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
My wife and I have yet to see the girl, but my wife's friend and other people have reported seeing her. The hissing is strange. Its not quite animal like, nor human. I suppose it sounds more animal than human but its so quick that its hard to place. I heard it for the first time two days ago after my brother in law heard it. We were at the house and he asked me if I had heard anything and I said no. About 5 minute later when he was outside I heard it myself. It made me feel creeped out but more confused. The wierd thing is now we are visiting my parents which is 4 hours away, and my wife woke me up saying she heard this hissing sound. I too heard the sound as I was waking up. To me this would indicate that it followed us from our new house. We did record shortly after the hiss but didn't really get anything solid.
Indigo (263 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
Corey, we could help you more if you described your experience more. Describe the hissing, how you felt then. If you woke up simultaneously and how. What did you feel when you saw the girl etc. What was she doing etc. I know you're tired hon, but you've got to explain as best you can.
In the meantime forcefully tell her to go away if she frightens you and mean it. They usually listen.
coreyegbert (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-20)
Hello, I am seeming to have a similar problem. I live in my wife's friends old house and her friend said that a little girl was seen there quite frequently. Her friend said the same thing happened when she closed her eyes and tried to make it go away... It just stayed there. Well we have recently been hearing hissing noises and upon searching around I found it a little disturbing to hear that you are having a little girl accompanied by a hiss. This hissing just woke us up and that's why I'm typing this out. Sorry for any typos but I'm pretty tired.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-23)
I will be honest. I put off constructing a comment here as I was waiting for the author to return and perhaps shed a bit more light on the "hissing".
Oh well.
SOME people (I have no idea if this is true for the author or not) would describe "white noise" as a hissing sound. Kind of like steam being released from one of those big ol' pipes you see in boiler rooms. There are SOME who have the sound WITH the accompaniment of the visual.
Honestly, with just what we have been offered here, I would think that to be the case. Nothing evil, just white noise.
Thank you.
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
I am also a bit put off by the hissing noise, as you didn't particularly elaborate on it. Did the hissing seem to be originating from where you saw the little girl or from an entirely different location? And also, since that time, have you heard the hissing noise again? Have you seen the little girl again? What about the rest of your family? Have any of them had any experiences in your house? And were you experiencing anything prior to your grandfather's arrival? Sorry for all of the questions. Just trying to acquire some more information.

Thank you for sharing your experience, though! 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Hi JahMan you mentioned you heard a hissing noise this a bit off putting did you feel a negative energy at all? I only say this because if the spirit was making this noise to get your attention in my opinion it wouldn't be a friendly spirit do you agree?
Did this all start when your Granfather arrived maybe he brought something with him just a thought.

Thank you for sharing

Dan

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: