You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Lady At My Window

Real Ghost Stories

The Lady At My Window

 

I was driving home from my grandmother's old house when I saw something in the distance, in the middle of the road. As I got closer, I realized it was a women dressed in all white. I never saw her face because my conscience was tugging at my soul telling me not to look at her. It was so surreal I felt like she could have been Medusa or something and turn me to stone. She never got off the road so I had to go around her, all the while having tunnel vision of the pavement ahead, but never looking at her. I could have looked through my rear view, but at the last second decided against it.

Well a few nights after that I had a dream that I was in my room writing something, but it was my new room, with my old bedroom set, and there was no fence. That may not seem weird, but for people who have known me long enough and have been in my room, know that the new room, bed room set, and the fence are from 3 completely different time periods in my life. Well anyway, I over heard my neighbor's arguing so I aligned myself with the wall and window so if anyone looked in they wouldn't see me eve's dropping. Well Christian had walked in and thought it was funny that my neighbors were arguing. He opened the certain to look out the window and there was a face right there! I never saw the face, but I had chills and my mouth had gotten pasty. He got scared and let the certain fall back into place and when he looked again it was gone. All there was my neighbor scolding him for being rude. I woke up after that. After my sleepiness went away, I realized it was the same women from the night before.

I had that same dream for weeks.

One night around midnight I walked to the kitchen to get some water. As I started to walk back to my room, glass in hand, I noticed the curtain to the back yard was open. Furious, I was about to yell at Bill for leaving it open when I noticed there was something back there. In between the shed and the trampoline right where the tree is there was a silhouette of a person. I couldn't see it, but I knew it was the lady by the flowing material. What the hell was she doing in my back yard? I decided to leave it like it was. But as I turned to go to my room, it flinched. It completely shifted, like it was following me. I do not get scared easily by ghosts and such, so I didn't think anything of it.

I think she migrated every night, because she'd be in a different spot, but always looking at me always waiting.

It wasn't until she appeared at my window that I finally named her "the lady at my window" which inspired me in an odd way to do certain articulate kinds of things. She never scared me, because I knew she wasn't going to do anything, but still there would be nights when I couldn't sleep. I have insomnia pretty bad, but after her it got so bad, I'd only sleep 3 hours on 5 day binges, and sleep for 2 days straight with out waking up. I would stay up texting Robert just so I wouldn't sleep. Even phone calls into the next day or I'd read until my eyes were so heavy, I had no choice but to sleep. I got so tired of trying to cover up my sleepiness with pounds of makeup, I quit putting any on all together.

That was all in May.

In the summer I was texting Jordan and I felt her. There she was, outside my window again. I don't know why, and I don't care. I was more shocked than stunned that she was there again. The thing is I don't think she can get inside my house. So that's why I think she brought something with her this time. She stunned me so bad I couldn't get off my bed. What's more is when I was talking to Jordan, I usually listen to my music of my phone, but I dropped my headphones on the floor. I reached down to get them, but when my hand was an inch off the ground, I felt something breathing on my hand from under my bed. I quickly lifted my hand like someone had singed my fingertips with a match. My hand had a type of goo residue. That's like one time I've been truly scared to my core. I was terrified. I couldn't yell out or call to my mother, or even cry. When stuff like that happens, I usually just go back to sleep. But she was too close. It was inside my house under my bed. A place where I am supposed to feel safe! Her and that stupid hell hound of hers that was under my bed. I scared myself into sleep. When I woke up in the morning, the whole bed smelled like sulfur, like my room had been burning all night on cinder blocks. But the thing that really scared me was that they were waiting for something. And I wasn't about to let whatever it was to show up.

Like I said before, it's not the first time a spirit has followed me home.

But it has never been that bad.

My faith is so great that it usually scares things of that nature away. I suppose it caught me off guard that time.

That just kept me uneasy all day. I kept thinking about it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RJK9X, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bigdreams10 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-09)
well if ask me I think you have an ability like me and gizmo maybe she is asking you for help or something. Try talking to her. 😲 😲 😲
RJK9X (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
well I think she brought something else with her becuase she couldn't get inside my house. I live in a super small town && nothing evber happends here,
RJK9X (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
yes I have heared of la llorona and yes I'm mexican, but I'm also jewish and I highly doubt that was her
mEow_stOry (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
yOu are so brave...,
I will freak out everytime I see her...,
But just curious...,
Why the hell would she bring something such as a hound...?
Hahha!
I know you also don't know d' answer but this is the question I want to find the answer in your story...,
XxbubblegumXx (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
i am so stupid I read another story and accidently clicked on this one and wrote the comment about the lil kids LOL my bad... Srry 😉
XxbubblegumXx (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
I have heard of the story La Lorrona... Maybe those are her kids... Well she should study the history of the place she living in!
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
Wait, hell hound? Is that the thing she brought with you? And how in the world were you not scared by her the first few times? I would have been scared out of my wits! You said your faith will keep you safe, and I believe it will. Pray to God and ask for his protection against evil. If this thing is evil, it will have no recourse.
Gizmo (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
would you happened to be mexican if yes than I'm pretty sure you have heard of the legend of "La Llorona". If your not, "La Llorona" is a mexican legend of a woman that killed her children by drowning them, she felt guilty for what she had done, so she commtitted suicide. And her spirit appears to anyone, especially children.
There are some videos on Youtube about her sighting. Watch them and see if it looks like the one you saw.
Youtube Search: "La Llorona"
XxbubblegumXx (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
this is kindda scary I know I would be scared... Maybe these spirts want something from you... You should ask your parents or someone about your history... Or the history of the place your living in... If it helps:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: