You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Red Swirlies And More

Real Ghost Stories

Red Swirlies And More

 

I have had many sightings in various places during my 37 years.

When I was 15 years old, I lived in a duplex in Lake Worth, FL with my family. I don't know the exact time, but I know that I woke up because I felt something or someone staring at me. I know this feeling; I always see something or someone (human) when I feel it. Anyway when I opened my eyes, I saw 2 red swirling lights inches away from my face. It felt very, very wrong and terrified; I flung my covers off and ran out of the room.

Same age and location, I had a beautiful porcelain doll that my sweet Aunt had given me. As a perpetual cleaner, I always dusted the doll and kept it on a knick-knack shelf in my room. I started finding the doll in the hallway outside my room. I thought I may be losing it, so I gave the doll to my sister. She kept it in her room, which was on the other side of the hallway. Sure enough, I woke to find the doll in the hallway every morning. I threw it away as I was now very scared of it.

When I was 23 years old, I lived in a garage apartment (also Lake Worth, FL) behind the house my boss lived in. I had an incident there similar to the one I had when I was 15. I woke up sometime during the night because I felt someone or something intently staring at me. Once again, I saw the 2 swirling red lights, just inches away from my face. I felt very threatened and once again threw my covers off and ran outside this time. If anyone knows what these may have been, please advise. This has not happened since.

Here is another incident from Lake Worth, FL. I was 25 years old and lived in a newly renovated apartment, close to Bryant Park. The apartment was huge, and you could see that it had formerly been 2 smaller apartments. My sweetie and I usually slept in the same room. One night, due to excessive snoring, I went to sleep in the other bedroom. Yet again, I woke to the feeling of someone or something staring at me. I saw an old man in what used to be a small kitchen (now a large closet). He was fully formed, yet sort of filmy. He was angry at me and shouting "What are you doing here? Get out of my house!" Once again, I threw off the covers and ran out of the room. I did not live there very long after that. I only saw him that one time, but I never slept in that room again.

When I was 28 years old, I was staying the night at a new sweetie's house. She lived in a duplex off of Northlake Blvd. In West Palm Beach, FL. About 7:00 a.m., I awoke to a sick, unbearable feeling of paralysis, pain and nausea. I then heard a man's voice say to me, "You want to die, don't you. I'm going to show you what pain is". I snapped too immediately, and woke my sweetie. She told her landlords/friends, who live on the other side of the duplex the next day. They told me that the former tenant had died in the room we were sleeping in, and that he had been paralyzed. They asked me to help him move to the light, but I was too afraid. I got the feeling it was not a person anymore that had contacted me, and I did not want to open the door and be seen by whatever it was. I stopped going there shortly after.

I now live in an apartment in Ocala, FL. I have had only one sighting here so far, and it was much different from any of the others. Let me preface this story by saying we smell stale smoke in here all the time, and neither myself nor my fiancé smoke. We also had a terrible, foul odor in here one day that lasted for hours, and then disappeared. I clean excessively, we could not figure out what it was.

Back to the sighting, I awoke one night to get a glass of water. I walked out into the living room, and I saw a partially formed apparition of a young female wearing a short jean skirt and smoking a cigarette. I was not afraid of her at all, I got the feeling from her/it that she was only passing through and meant no harm. I went right back to bed shortly after. I have not seen her since, but we still smell stale smoke everyday (former occupants maybe?), even though we open the sliders all the way.

If I remember any more experiences I've left out, I'll post again. It feels great to get all this off my chest.

Thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, IloveJesus365, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
perhaps you can use this ability to help spirits move on. Sometimes I wish I had such a gift, so I could help those that have passed on... There seems to be many souls out there who need this help.
IloveJesus365 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
Thank you all for your guidance, I am at an age where I really listen and filter information (finally! Lol). To Fathead, yes I do think that either the paralyzed man or some part of him mixed with something else was trying to make me feel the poor man's agonies. To everyone else, thank you for the idea of not being afraid and taking control, I like that idea. As a Taurus I can be very stubborn, I'll turn it towards not being afraid, couldn't hurt. To Will B 1975, thank you for... So many things. God is good and God is love.

The landladies of the duplex where I encountered the paralyzed man (?) owned a new age type store and were very spiritual in their ways. They also said to me that I was a magnet. Others have said lightbulb. I am determined now to learn to control this ability as at this time, it just shows up unannounced, and that is just rude and scary! Lol

Thanks again to everyone and hope it's a great year.

God Bless.
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-21)
From reading your story and banking on the fact that everything you have said is true, then it appears you are very sensitive to the paranormal/supernatural and in some ways are a bit of a "magnet" when it comes to these things.

I believe it would be a very good idea to learn how to control the abilities you have, which would also help you to cope with the things you experience. There are people out there who are able to help you learn how to control what you are able to do so that you are more comfortable with it. That way you may also learn how to "turn it on/off" in some ways, so that you may give it attention when you are capable of giving it attention (turning it on) or ignoring it when you aren't capable of giving it the attention/help that may be needed (turning it off). That right there could ease some of the unease and keep your sanity a bit.

Another thing you need to do, is take ownership over what is yours, especially when you start to become uncomfortable when there is a presence. Your home is yours, your sanity is yours, your life is yours and only you have the right to take ownership over that... On this realm that is. Spirits, entities, and God forbid demons, do not have the ownership over you and it's your right to express that fact. Whether it be silently in prayer or in thought form, or rather out loud, take control over the owner ship that is rightfully yours.

But one of the most important things to do, if not the most important thing to do for you personally, is to rely on your faith. You believe what your faith is about and you believe what that faith promises. So trust in it and rely on it.

Keep us updated and thank you for sharing your experiences with us! 😊
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
I believe whatever the swirling lights where was obviously following you, I think they probably had something to do with the doll also a spirit of a child perhaps, that is quite strange. Regarding your other sightings and experiences you are obviously a sensitive to these, it would be in your best interest I believe to have control over them and learn how to deal with the situation, of course this could be very frightning but will benefit you in the long run all the best.

Thank you for sharing

Dan
Will_B_1975 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
I am looking at this from a Christian persective. (I have had encounters with demons, and things as well)
Well it isn't location specific... Whatever it is, isn't tied down. It (the demon, or entity) is following you, from place to place. That is unusual, as it seems that spirits usually are in a certain place, or attached to specific objects. (It was a good idea to throw out that ceramic doll, but it didn't work)
So it would seem more likely you are cursed in some way. Possibly through something you or your ancestors did. (I could be wrong, but its worth exploring if there is a history of witchcraft, or occult somewhere)
That being said, if you are a Christian, and you really are known by God, and showing good works, as verification, that the Holy Spirit dwells in you, then you ought not be scared, as you are sealed, and He (the Holy Spirit) will protect you.
This I can say, from personal experience from demonic attacks.
On the one hand... These experiences are keeping you close to God, they remind you to pray all the time, and to stay on your toes, keeping you honest.
But if it gets overly bothersome... You probably need to start praying about it until they (spirits) go away. You may need a prayer team, or an older Christian, who can make powerful intercession to the Father on your behalf. Look for people who do 'deliverance'
It's really hard to find those kind of people, so this may become a cross/burden you have to bear, for a long time.
As for what the "red swirling lights" were... Spirits can take the shape of 'orbs' of different sizes and colours. Google 'orbs' for more info. Just remember, when you are researching all this paranormal stuff... What the bible says, always takes precedent over what the internet says, and Jesus is always the focus, not ghosts and ghoolies, and junk.
Keep your head on your shoulders, and use common sense at all times. We are called to be demonstrators of kindness, so that the unsaved are genuinely impressed, and astonished, at our kindness, and the love we show. Our intellect, and depth of understanding, in all all things, ought to be, truly awesome, to everyone around us. The sense that God is with us, and all around us, ought to be (to anyone who sees us) without question. We are meant to inspire all (Christians and everyone else). That is the ultimate way to make a difference in the world and overcome all wickedness. May God bless your jorney through this life, with success over all evil, and protect you from Satan, and all his forces. Amen.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
IloveJesus365: I agree with JamesRobiscoe, I would get some help with your abilities so you won't be so frightened. If you don't feel like being bothered by them, then when they appear to you, let them know you don't feel like being bothered. Tell them to go away. You're going to have to find away that is comfortable to you to let these spirits know they can't just drop in anytime they want too.

The cigarette smoke could be left over from the tenents that lived there before you moved in. Cigarette smoke embeds itself into the wood-work, the carpet, everything, so let's say before you moved in, if the sheetrock wasn't torn out and new added and if you have carpet, if this carpet and padding wasn't torn out and new carpet and padding added, this old smoke would still be in everything. Then also, smoke comes through the vents too, so if someone in your apartments that are connected to your vents smokes, or has old stale cigarettes and butts laying around, it will come through your vents and everyone else who's connected as well, and so will the smell of what's being cooked too.

The swirling lights are another story. This is baffling, unless, this is a spirit that's trying to communicate with you.

I pray you'll find answers.
God bless you!
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
ILoveJesus365--To be visited in various locations (and cicumstances) over 20-some years adds up to some degree of extra-sensitivity. Except for the jean-skirted woman, all have been angry, if not downright threatening. It would be a help to ease your receptivity if you could locate a ghost hunters or even informal psychics group. Control over the nasties is a most helpful tool, and people who have developed it would be glad to teach you, I'm sure. Fare well and God bless. ~ James
fatthead (1 stories) (55 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
So do you think the paralyzed man was makeing you feel how he fealt like being partialy possessed or something like that

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: